More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)

Go down 
+14
CJB
Salomé
trevanian
He Who Dares, Wins
AMC Hornet
Hilly
hegottheboot
Perilagu Khan
Moore
Sarai
Somerset
Lazenby.
bitchcraft
Blunt Instrument
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)    No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 9:05 pm

CJB wrote:
I said to Barbara, “How many of these movies do I have to make?” Because I don’t really look at contracts or any of those things. And she said, “Four,” and I went, “Oh, okay. Can I kill him off in the last one?” And she didn’t pause. She said, “Yes.” So I struck a deal with her back then and said, “That’s the way I’d like it to go.” It’s the only way I could see for myself to end it all and to make it like that was my tenure, someone else could come and take over. She stuck to her guns.

Ha. What a dick.

Maybe it should've ended with Craig's "Bond" slitting his wrists and moaning "I don't wanna be me anymore!"

Cubby would've never hired Craig and if he did and copped that sort of lip he would've told him to get out of the car and walk.

Absolutely. What a selfish prick Craig is.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)    No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 10:02 pm

You'd have thought that someone who copped the flak he did when he was hired (and, granted, a lot of it was OTT) would have a bit more humility rather than demanding a decades old character be killed off before his first movie was even released to the general public.

16-17 years ago on the old forum, I and many others regarded the CraigNotBond crowd as ridiculous curmudgeons, but now they look like a pack of Nostradmuses. Craig may not have financially killed Bond (quite the opposite to be fair), but creatively he made it harder for the immortal James Bond to waltz in to M's office with a fresh face in the next film, and no other actor that preceded him laid any landmines like that.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)    No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 1:38 am

And we have Babs to thank for it. She thought with her nipples rather than her brain.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)    No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 1:54 am

I joined craignotbond back when it happened. I was only in high school but as soon as the announcement happened I felt how wrong it was in my bones. It was none of this "oh he's blond haired" it was me going: "the guy from TOMB RAIDER?!?!?!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING? WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK?"

This plus the rumors that proved to be mostly true about Brosnan being dealt out unceremoniously just gave me extreme unease. Then came that dreadful day in 2006 when I went in a theater and nothing was ever the same.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)    No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 1:56 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
And we have Babs to thank for it. She thought with her nipples rather than her brain.

That only works if brains are the size of Naomi Watts' nipples.

I guess I'm an actual craignotbond guy; while I don't think I actually went to their site until near when QUANTUM came out (or was it SKYFALL? Was it still around then?), I was massively vocal about how wrong he was for this, assuming he wasn't playing Le Chiffre's henchman or an already-ravaged-by-sharks-Leiter. I remember getting blasted from all sides on various forums, not just Bond ones, because I ws pre-judging the situation, and remember defending my position using a very old analogy I had come up with in the early 80s, that being a great actor is not enough, that Robert DeNiro would never be a convincing Bond for me or some other people.

When the early CR reviews came out, I just couldn't believe it, or them. I didn't see the film till it hit homevid, and by that time I had half-convinced myself that maybe if I watched it on a small TV, his appearance wouldn't be as appalling (note: I Love ROAD TO PERDITION, but he is so hard on the eyes there -- when he doesn't have a hat on -- that I find myself listening to the film instead of watching it. Only other pic I'd seen him in was TOMB RAIDER, and I think I must have slept through his part, because I don't remember him at all -- figured the Craig rumors were about the guy who played the villain, who later scored a big part on GoT.)

Well, when I watched it, I found him difficult to watch in some scenes, but also noted a lot of skill was taken some of the time, like in M's home, to minimize his look. But by then, i was a lot more alarmed by the performance than the look, and that just flabbergasted me. I figured he'd be working at Dalton-level, but it was so much less, for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)    No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:09 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:

Certainly, and Craig, err, milked her for all she was worth.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)    No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:13 am

CraigNotBond were correct in hindsight, albeit the blond hair and craggy face were the least of the issues. Perhaps the biggest tell was that first press conference where he was flopping about like a fish on dry land like he didn't care that the biggest break of his life had landed in his lap.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)    No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:36 am

The 'have to make' bit is telling if true. Not 'will we be making' or similar ... 'have to make'. Like he'd already decided it was gonna be a drag before he'd started.
Back to top Go down
ShoeSniffer

ShoeSniffer

PostSubject: Re: No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)    No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 11:25 am

Hi all. First post here, and I've been enjoying the moans about the new film, which disappointed me greatly too. The whole ending felt like an indulgence, and it's nice to see quite a few people on here feel the same.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)    No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 8:37 pm

Welcome aboard!

Perhaps we'll even see some renewed appreciation for Pierce, even if it's only of the "at least his tenure didn't end with Jinx leaving her dagger in his neck and taking off with the diamonds" variety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)    No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)   - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time To Die (spoilery reviews thread)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6