More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records Empty
PostSubject: TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records   TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 7:10 am

It’s been announced for purchase on Nov. 29th!!

LaLa Land is doing TND as a 2CD release!!
https://twitter.com/lalalandrecords/status/1596006019473211393?s=46&t=XPzYYXNB24dQrzErmEkXpw
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records   TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 12:35 pm

Too bad I already had my birthday this week, otherwise this would have been top of my wish list, as a short while back I accidentally broke my old TND cd (along with CDs for THE PRISONER and the limited edition STAR TREK V score. The WHITE KNIGHT cue is one of my alltime faves, though with it no longer in my driving rotation, have been getting more joy from DAD and TWINE -- both, like TND, with PTS cues getting most attention.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records   TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 8:30 am

I hope it was the common 1997 cd you broke and not the rare 1999 reissue disc!

The new release will be available for a good while on their website and if you pay attention to their news section they occasionally have site sales. Their TWINE and DAD releases were godsends. Here I don’t think it’s a whole lot of new material that isn’t on both 1997 and 1999 CDs but it will be rewarding to finally have the complete score in sequence on one release with some extras and new proper mastering.

The biggest draw of their previous Arnold score releases wasn’t just being complete as awesome as it was. The biggest improvement was the removal of loudness compression-especially on DAD which suffered terribly on the original CD. TWINE is improved but it wasn’t mastered as loud to begin with as was TND. So sonically I don’t expect as big of a jump forward but it will be most pleasing to hear the previously unreleased cues on disc at full quality instead of the lossy dvd isolated score.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records   TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records EmptyTue Jan 17, 2023 10:54 pm

Nothing like a bit of Tomorrow Never Dies to jolt me back into the world of Bond again. Hello gents, and ladies. Who’s manning the bar these days?

I received my long-awaited (and by that I mean since I was 10) TND expanded score recently and gave it a listen on a long drive. The moment I heard “Backseat Pilot” I was grinning ear-to-ear-- and that was only the 2nd track listed (1st of the unreleased cues). It truly is an incredible score and much of the unreleased material and some alternate takes really unpack that, providing more TND-flavoured Bond music. Some surprises include “MI6 / Launch the Fleet” “You Have A Phone Call Mr Bond” “Carver and Paris" “Printing Press Fight” “Stealth Shoot Out” “Carver Gets It” and an alternate beginning to Lang’s Surrender. Even released tracks like “A Tricky Spot for 007” have some extra material in them previously unreleased!

But the reason I wanted the expanded score: Backseat Pilot, Shaken But Not Stirred (Carver’s party music) and Escape To The Hotel. I’m a happy man! Highly recommend!
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records   TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records EmptyFri Jan 20, 2023 3:45 am

I'd love to get all three of these releases. I remember thinking I should've grabbed the DAD one when it first came out. James Bond Radio did an interview with the guy who was in charge of the remastering, which was really goood. I lost track and missed the news of the TWINE one at the time.

I imagine the plan is to go forward now and do CR and QOS thus finishing out all Arnold's work?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records   TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 10:54 pm

I don’t know if the DAD one is still available but last I checked the TWINE one had a few units left (I think they added more to the initial 5000 limit). They’re great collector items and worth the money.

Can’t think of any unreleased cues for CR or QOS so if there is any alternate material I’m sure they will release them. Perhaps they’d start with QOS this year given 2023 is the 15th anniversary for that film?

To be honest, I’d only be interested in the QOS score of Arnold’s Craig-era efforts. That film has better music than it deserves.
Back to top Go down
Somerset
'R'
'R'
Somerset

PostSubject: Re: TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records   TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 6:04 am

I agree. I like Arnold's work on QOS much more than on CR. It just feels different than anything else he did. I'm not sure if him writing the score only having read the script can explain all of that, but it's an interesting end product.

I hope they can eventually get what they require to go back and do some non-Arnold scores.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records   TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 4:21 pm

Somerset wrote:
I agree. I like Arnold's work on QOS much more than on CR. It just feels different than anything else he did.
Agreed. David went out on a high. If he can deliver another score as good as that, I welcome him back.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records   TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records EmptyFri Jan 27, 2023 11:19 pm

Somerset wrote:
I agree. I like Arnold's work on QOS much more than on CR. It just feels different than anything else he did. I'm not sure if him writing the score only having read the script can explain all of that, but it's an interesting end product.

I hope they can eventually get what they require to go back and do some non-Arnold scores.

Would be interesting for his discuss his process for that film in depth. I imagine the cultural flavour of his music was inspired by what (little there?) was on the page.

PC wrote:
Agreed. David went out on a high. If he can deliver another score as good as that, I welcome him back.

Agreed. Though if he can do something like TND/TWINE, even better! colgate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records   TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records Empty

Back to top Go down

TND 2CD complete release from LaLa Land Records
Page 1 of 1