More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.  Empty
PostSubject: Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.    Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.  EmptyMon Oct 02, 2023 11:07 pm

Been doing some digging on the writing process for the Bond films recently. Stumbled across a tidbit I don’t think I’ve read about before. Knowing full well Skyfall was originally to be Once Upon a Spy, with M to have been blackmailed by a former KGB agent turned Russian oligarch who she had an affair with during her time in West Berlin, but the original ending was to occur in the Swiss Alps, with Bond being forced to kill her. Something very intriguing about that. Not that I’d wanted that kind of ending for Dench’s M, but certainly something I’d be curious to see on screen. Shades of Fleming’s Octopussy and The Man With The Golden Gun.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.    Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.  EmptyTue Oct 03, 2023 7:34 am

Interesting indeed, But I think I prefer her getting to 'go down swinging' in SF.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.    Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.  EmptyTue Oct 03, 2023 5:40 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Interesting indeed, But I think I prefer her getting to 'go down swinging' in SF.

Agreed. However, who's to say such a plot, or some version of it, couldn't be the basis for some future Bond film?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.    Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.  EmptyThu Oct 05, 2023 7:52 am

I agree the final version of Skyfall’s third act is the perfect sunset for Dench’s M. However seeing Bond having to kill a more morally dubious M could be a refreshing change of pace... if done correctly. Perhaps NTTD could have ended that way instead, with Fiennes’ M needing to atone for the failure of his bioweapon program.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.    Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.  EmptyFri Oct 06, 2023 10:40 am

Sounds better than NTTD. Could've worked for Fiennes' M because nobody's attached to him anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.    Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Once Upon a Spy’s original ending.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Skyfall (2012) :: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion-
Jump to: