More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Harry Potter

Go down 
+14
The White Tuxedo
MBalje
Jack Wade
Isis
Mr. Trevelyan
GeneralGogol
bondfan06
Blunt Instrument
Control
lalala2004
Vesper
colly
Salomé
Fae
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

Harry Potter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
And from the films I only like the first three ones and especially the Columbus ones, because of their naive, colourful and, undoubtly ( :roll: ), magical atmosphere.
I noticed that in HP7-2. I'd seen only the first four films before this one, and I remember them being pretty colorful. The last one has that awful over-saturated look that way too many films have these days.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:52 pm

My ranking of the films:

1. Deathly Hallows Part 2
2. Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Philosopher's Stone
4. Deathly Hallows Part 1
5. Chamber of Secrets
6. Half-Blood Prince
7. Goblet of Fire
8. Order of the Phoenix

Strangely, David Yates' efforts are all over the place in my ranking, but in the end I'd say he oversaw the second half of the series successfully, bringing together the best of what the other directors did. I wouldn't mind him directing a Bond in the future (especially if he'd bring Desplat and Serra on board).
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:16 am

HALF-BLOOD PRINCE is on the telly at the mo. I just love how they staged the quidditch match in it - the music feels as though there's two armies about to smash into each other. Great stuff. My own rankings...

1. PRISONER OF AZKABAN
Just the ultimate really. A mix between children's magic and adult wizardry, introducing the characters of Snape and Lupin, victory in the Quidditch cup - it all comes together beautifully.

2. DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1
3. DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2
A bloody epic conclusion that hits all the right notes really - I'll give part 1 the nod over part 2 because I've seen it twice and there's a few moments in it I find brilliant for their originality over the rest of the series - like the animated Hallows story and the Harry/Hermione dance. It just worked for me. And the depiction of the ministry as a Nazi stronghold.

4. THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE
A DVD box I read today called it the "Wizard of Oz of todays generation". Perfect description. Full of absolutely golden moments, instantly quotable and a childhood classic.

5. ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
Quality.

6. GOBLET OF FIRE
Apart from Dumbledore going uncharacteristicaly apesh*t at Harry, a solid adventure that'sgot Clemence Poesy in a bathing suit and all other kinds of awesome stuff.

7. HALF-BLOOD PRINCE
Just gets off the bottom because its got plenty of funny monents (hand on deck, Granger!), that awesome quidditch match and I love that end credits music. Its kind of the DAF of Potter movies.

8. CHAMBER OF SECRETS
I spose just because its a bit more forgettable than the others. Even though its got the perfect Kenneth Branagh.

Thats still said, I could watch all 8 and love them all.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:57 am

I know people who experienced toe-curling mortification at the '19 years later ... ' epilogue in print, but apparently it's not just as embarrassing on film, 'cause it's only about 2 minutes long laugh .
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:40 pm

I didnt mind it - its a bit of fun, and provides some closure.

Plus, Ron looks like he peaked in high school and become useless, Harry looks like he's joined the beatles and Ginny's been spending years at the hair salon. If you can't have a bit of a giggle you're taking it too seriously. laugh
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:53 pm

colly wrote:
GOBLET OF FIRE
a solid adventure that'sgot Clemence Poesy in a bathing suit and all other kinds of awesome stuff.

This is now my favorite one.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
I know people who experienced toe-curling mortification at the '19 years later ... ' epilogue in print, but apparently it's not just as embarrassing on film, 'cause it's only about 2 minutes long laugh .
It seems to be pretty divisive. I heard quite a few people rumbling about it leaving the theater and have read more complaints on the Interwebs.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Does Harry Potter die in the last film?
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
Does Harry Potter die in the last film?
Yes and no.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:40 pm

So there's an epilogue where he's an old man and dies in a chair while relaxing at his villa in Italy?
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:07 am

Snape kills Dumbledore.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:23 am

Brown - I'm never sure if I should take you seriously or not.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:39 am

Fae wrote:

You can take it seriously.

With less sarcasm: is there an epilogue showing Harry as some old magician, dying in his home?

Put up a spoiler tag and explain the ending to me, if you don't mind. I never plan on seeing this, so I'm just wondering how it went.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:42 am

Herminone found something in her pocket and whant go back in time to sace some people who died, but Harry stops her and explain to her that it work like the Stone: You only get it you do some good things with it and going back in time also bring back bad people. She give him a yes look and looking to a lucky Luna and George Weasley with there children running a store and there children around them.

11 years later. Ginny screams and Harry run to her. Then you discover she screams because of there children Jr get his letter from Hogwarts and it end with the kid reading the letter. The same letter as Harry get.

That's how it should have end.

The real end:

Spoiler:

But if i whas you don't read this but the books or watch the movies. The books are a mix of real things, fantasy, history (The 5th book in specialy.) and spying. If you whant to know more about Voldemort you should read the 6th novel include some LOTR fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:58 pm

^I am very confused about that ending you conceived there, Balje. Very confused.

Mr. Brown wrote:
Fae wrote:

You can take it seriously.

With less sarcasm: is there an epilogue showing Harry as some old magician, dying in his home?

Put up a spoiler tag and explain the ending to me, if you don't mind. I never plan on seeing this, so I'm just wondering how it went.

Spoiler:

And so now Harry isn't some retired old wizard or anything.

Yeah ... thats it. I strongly feel you should read them, Brown - epilogue aside they are a fun read.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:05 pm

What actors play the older characters? Or do they simply age Radcliffe and Co. with CGI?
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
What actors play the older characters? Or do they simply age Radcliffe and Co. with CGI?
Same actors with crappy makeup and costumes that make them look like they're playing dress-up as 30-year-olds.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
Same actors with crappy makeup and costumes that make them look like they're playing dress-up as 30-year-olds.

laugh

Creative...
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:55 am

Hermione turns out the same though. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:54 am

I hope her tits get bigger, at least.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:30 am

Does he show his dong at the end, like in that play?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:41 am

laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:45 am

From my local cinema.

Harry Potter - Page 2 Screamingkids
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:15 am

There's always the temptation to post a classic "cool story bro", but then again, that would be too easy. laugh
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 am

But on a serious note - how did this special-effects heavy, massive cast of famous names pic only cost 125 million to make, yet the relatively bare QOS cost 200 million?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next