More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The clouds are here - the bad day thread.

Go down 
+34
Toppers
right idea, wrong pussy
j7wild
tiffanywint
Gravity's Silhouette
saint mark
groucho070
Fort Knox
Santa
Tubes
Hilly
The White Tuxedo
lachesis
G section
Chang
Blunt Instrument
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lazenby.
bitchcraft
CJB
Jack Wade
Moore
Ravenstone
Makeshift Python
lalala2004
Salomé
retrokitty
Klown
Largo's Shark
Vesper
colly
Control
Louis Armstrong
Fae
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:05 pm

Thought about a postgrad scholarship, Hilly?
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Hilly wrote:
Whenever I'm asked this question I pale with enforced embarrassment. I did Modern History [at university]. At the time it seemed a good idea. It was either that or journalism. Since then I've been almost yearly accepted onto a postgrad Broadcast Journalism class at my old uni' (said to be the best for this particular course) but I've not the funds to do it.

Christ, now I'm twice as depressed laugh 
Haha, I went for history, too! As with you, at the time I felt it was a good idea. I planned on graduating and then going for a doctorate to become a professor. But after graduating and realizing how much more money I'd be in debt by pursuing graduate studies, I opted not too. Not completely off the table yet, but it is certainly an option at the bottom of my list at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Thought about a postgrad scholarship, Hilly?
Not really. I'm at a stage with life about wondering if things like this are truly worth the point, the money and in the climate -would they benefit in the long run. Things haven't clicked as I'd have hoped and don't feel like changing. I don't seem to be able to change gears or find the opening I need.

Moore wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Whenever I'm asked this question I pale with enforced embarrassment. I did Modern History [at university]. At the time it seemed a good idea. It was either that or journalism. Since then I've been almost yearly accepted onto a postgrad Broadcast Journalism class at my old uni' (said to be the best for this particular course) but I've not the funds to do it.

Christ, now I'm twice as depressed laugh 
Haha, I went for history, too! As with you, at the time I felt it was a good idea. I planned on graduating and then going for a doctorate to become a professor. But after graduating and realizing how much more money I'd be in debt by pursuing graduate studies, I opted not too. Not completely off the table yet, but it is certainly an option at the bottom of my list at the moment.
Ah, like minds and all that :) I did History largely as I was am quite into it. I blame (in jest) my teacher at secondary school who taught it so brilliantly in my opinion (that and I've loved history since I was young). Like yourself Moore I thought about a doctorate though I suspect not as seriously as you (I kept thinking of Jack Ryan and a line he has in the Patriot Games novel, "Hey, I'm a doctor too"). As above in my previous utterance it feels bottom of the list. A lot in this here life feels unattainable (utter self depracation and other stuff). My long aimed trip to San Francisco and elsewhere (long dropped the dream of working there, ha).

In an ideal world I'd have a book published perhaps, or an idea turned into a movie (tragically I have such ideas) or...anyway, I've said much more than I tend to and I'm not even drunk. Feel like I'm verging on old MI6 times.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 12 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 1:30 am

I originally went with film/video/post-production. But I've always loved history since I was a kid and I felt it was a more realistic option, so I switched pretty much right at the beginning. Not that I ever thought I would go to Hollywood, but I figured jobs in that market would be hard to come by. I felt becoming a professor would be easier (lord knows what I was thinking at the time).

Funny thing is...all my friends who went into the film/video field have pretty good paying jobs. My one friend does post-production work on DVD's. He pretty much gets paid to sit in an air-conditioned office and watch movies.

Sure, it is tedious and one time he had to sit through Schindler's List a half dozen times watching it in different languages/audio commentary/captions to make sure everything worked as it should, but still.... I wouldn't mind that job. :p

In an idea world for me, I would actually be able to stop playing music with friends in their living rooms and make legit records that people would actually listen to. But since that won't happen, I'll settle for just finding something that isn't retail!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The clouds are here - the bad day thread.   The clouds are here - the bad day thread. - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The clouds are here - the bad day thread.
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: