More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)

Go down 
+16
Largo's Shark
Jack Wade
FourDot
Chief of SIS
Fae
jaguar007
saint mark
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
MBalje
bondfan06
Salomé
Makeshift Python
tiffanywint
Control
GeneralGogol
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) Empty
PostSubject: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:37 am

The trailer has been leaked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kOFGI0p6SM&feature=player_embedded

While it looks like a bad-ass, hip. nihilist thriller, I'm still not sold on the need for a remake of what was a perfectly adequate (and recent!) Swedish film. If the original was a Korean or African or Martian movie, then maybe it'd make cultural sense to make a new version for Anglo-American audiences, but this just feels like a waste of the filmmakers' and casts' talents to me.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:04 am

Looks more promising than Facebook-movie. Not sure if it'll settle well with the kiddies, but that doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptySun May 29, 2011 4:15 am

The trailer does look promising.It does seem a bit much though to be launching this series right off the back of the very well done sub-titled Swedish series, which did play to North American audiences in major theatres.I caught all three films in theatre and quite enjoyed them.Considering the popularity of the books though, I guess the English verison was inevitable, but still it does seem odd doing a remake so close after the release of very well done originals, that weren't exactly inaccessible to North American audiences. At least there will be a gap before the next two films. I got the impression the Swedish films were all shot together for a staggered three part theatrical release.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Better quality, official trailer
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Not sure about the flick, but I like the trailer a lot.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:35 pm

I was going to see this anyway because it's Fincher, but I had serious reservations about this remake. But the trailer does look decent.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:37 pm

The trailer looks promising, The "Immigrant Song" is embedded quite well. I still need to watch the original.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 pm

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) Girl-With-The-Dragon-Tattoo-Rooney-Mara-Daniel-Craig-620x411
http://thefilmstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Girl-With-The-Dragon-Tattoo-Rooney-Mara-Daniel-Craig-620x411.jpg

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) Daniel-Craig-in-The-Girl-With-The-Dragon-Tattoo-620x286
http://thefilmstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Daniel-Craig-in-The-Girl-With-The-Dragon-Tattoo-620x286.jpg
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:36 am

Salomé wrote:
I was going to see this anyway because it's Fincher, but I had serious reservations about this remake. But the trailer does look decent.

But is it really a remake?

Normally I would be the first one to blast Commiewood Hollywood for giving us another unnecessary remake/reboot/adaptation/re-imagining, but in this case I think it has two things working for it:

#1 The Swedish films were themselves based upon novels which, in this case, is going to be the source material for Fincher's version. Fincher is not remaking the Swedish film; he's adapting a movie based upon the source material

#2 As good as the Swedish films may have been, they are unlikely to get the same amount of audience numbers that an English version with a name director and a name actor are going to get (we'll see if Craig is still a "name" when this movie comes out; after all, COWBOYS AND ALIENS has done awful business; worse than GREEN LANTERN).

And, let's face it, I only heard about the books when I heard that Fincher/Craig were making this movie. I read the first book last month and was hooked from page one. I believe I read that book, in like, 3 days or something. I tore right through it. Soon I'll start the other two.

However, I'm also more likely to buy all these movies (English and Swedish) and books on DVD this Christmas or next spring (depending upon the marketing plans by the studios). I also have heard that the Swedish film leaves out whole chunks of the book and a lot of 'Dragon' fans I've read have said they wouldn't mind the Fincher version. From what I can tell it appears that the Fincher version is putting just about the whole book into the movie.

Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:24 pm

judging from this NEW trailer, it seems Fincher's adaptation of the book is more faithful and more thorough than the Swedish version.

:cheers:

Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:16 am

I did see the Swedish tv series which was in esence 6 times one hour and half episode containing each book within two episodes, meaning 3 hours per book. Not quite sure how Finchers movie can have more content. :*d*:
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:43 am

are the tv series the same as the 3 swedish movies?

i.e. are the 3 movies just the tv series put together?
Back to top Go down
jaguar007

jaguar007

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:37 pm

j7wild wrote:

From what I understand, yes, they are the same.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:11 pm

jaguar007 wrote:
j7wild wrote:

If each of the three are close to three hours that would be correct. However according IMDb the extended cuts are 180 minutes while the movie is somewhat less with 152 minutes.

I saw this trailer and saw absolutely NO added value through that advertisement that would lure me to the cinema. All scenes they showed I had seen already done in the series.
Back to top Go down
jaguar007

jaguar007

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:43 pm

saint mark wrote:
jaguar007 wrote:
j7wild wrote:

If each of the three are close to three hours that would be correct. However according IMDb the extended cuts are 180 minutes while the movie is somewhat less with 152 minutes.

I saw this trailer and saw absolutely NO added value through that advertisement that would lure me to the cinema. All scenes they showed I had seen already done in the series.

From IMDB
"Between the years 2009 and 2010, the trilogy was made into three movies. It is a Swedish-Danish-German co-production and all the actors speak Swedish. Intentionally it was planned to become a 6-episode TV miniseries (2x 90 min per book) but then it was decided to release all three parts in the theatres in a shorter version. Even though the movies all have a run time of more than 2 hours, every movie misses about 30 minutes of footage that didn't make it into the movie but would have been shown on TV. As early as June 2010, these longer TV versions were aired on Swedish television and the TV versions have been released on DVD in the Netherlands (with a little label on the cover that says "Extended Version") as well. Because of the length, the movie was split in half and put on two DVDs. A detailed comparison between both versions with pictures can be found here."
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:41 pm

I can't wait to be honest - though I did love the Swedish versions, frankly I think Finch's version is shaping up nicely.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Gosh, that was a long trailer. Too much. I can't see the justification of ever making a trailer (that isn't heavily text based) longer than 2 minutes.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:00 pm

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) 714847153029452 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) 798e1c153029458 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) 61cc68153029461 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) F2b46d153029468 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) Eac64a153029473
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Craig might need this to be a hit. Cowboys and Aliens was an awful film IMO, although Craig was not the problem.

Dream House, I think is a smart little film, in which Craig is quite good, however it seems to be headed towards boxoffice bust-town, in the very worst way. I saw it in a near empty theatre. I liked it but the film does seem to fall rather flat.

Craig I think needs Dragon to score with audiences.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:49 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Craig I think needs Dragon to score with audiences.

Indeed he does.

The biggest hit he might be in for a while could be Tintin, and hardly anyone will even realise that he's in it.

I'm not sure that the character he plays in this, though, is going to really endear him to anyone. Unless Zaillian somehow made him, y'know, interesting (which I doubt, given that it's Zaillian.)
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 2:13 pm

I'm not so sure this will be a commercial success. Might be a little too dark for that. But it does have Fincher's name it, no less, and after "The Social Network," I wouldn't be surprised if it sees decent returns.

I expect this to be more of a critical success than a box office one.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:21 am

the 8-MIN trailer is available.... on iTunes if you buy the soundtrack to the movie...

does anyone have it?

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) 5eabbd162151399 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) 74b668162151457 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) F30b5c162151514 The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) 2288ed162151651

Happy Holidays!!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) Tree_5

Last edited by j7wild on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:24 am

OMG there is now a gigantic billboard looming over the major intersection I pass by each day. Each day I am greeted by huge images of Craig and Rooney Mara looking down on me.

The powers-that-be are determined to make this film a huge hit.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:25 am

Jack Wade wrote:
I'm not so sure this will be a commercial success. Might be a little too dark for that. But it does have Fincher's name it, no less, and after "The Social Network," I wouldn't be surprised if it sees decent returns.

I expect this to be more of a critical success than a box office one.

And a lot of people have seen the TV series quite recently and the niew movie isn't that different from the Swedish version. With all the competition this movie gets that just might make the difference where people decide to watch another movie instyead of something they have seen or read recently..
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 am

December 21st is a Wed, I will be skipping work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)   The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Fincher)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: