More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Forthcoming Album Releases

Go down 
+9
Aris
Salomé
bitchcraft
Tubes
Louis Armstrong
Largo's Shark
Makeshift Python
Blunt Instrument
Lazenby.
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:20 am

Looking forward to Garbage's upcoming album - NOT YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE. Due May 14th.

Quote :
Garbage frontwoman Shirley Manson has said that the band's forthcoming album, 'Not Your Kind Of People', has been inspired by David Bowie, Siouxsie Sioux and Cocteau Twins.

The band were interviewed live on UStream at 9pm (BST) this evening (April 3), taking questions from fans which were submitted via their Facebook page, before premiering the Matt Irwin directed black and white video for comeback single 'Blood For Poppies'.

When asked if 'Not Your Kind Of People' saw them looking toward any new influences, Manson said she had been looking back to "all these people that built my musical fabric". Butch Vig added that he'd taken inspiration from prog rock and the first Suicide album.

After being asked what they had been up to since their 2005 album 'Bleed Like Me', Manson said: "I don't really know what I've been doing… We spent our time living life, then [we were] ready to record a record and here we are!"

Vig went on to say they were 'jazzed' about the new album and that "the most challenging part of the album was just getting us into the studio". He added that when the band finally got together "all these songs started falling in our laps… There wasn't really any tension… We were free agents, we weren't signed to a label, so there was nobody telling us what we could and couldn't do". Manson said that "the general feeling when we were in the studio together was playful".

Garbage release their fifth album 'Not Your Kind Of People' on May 14. Recorded in Atwater Village in Los Angeles, the album has been produced by Garbage and mixed by the band's drummer Butch Vig.

Garbage will be playing a handful of UK shows in July. The band follow up their one-off gig at London's Troxy on May 9 with four more UK shows, starting on July 1 at London O2 Academy Brixton, then visiting Wolverhampton Civil Hall on July 2 and Manchester Academy (July 3) and finishing up at Glasgow Barrowlands (July 4). The dates make up part of a larger European tour.

Garbage play:

London Troxy (May 9)
London O2 Academy Brixton (July 1)
Wolverhampton Civil Hall (2)
Manchester Academy (3)
Glasgow Barrowlands (4)

http://www.nme.com/news/garbage/63049
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:44 am

Garbage - a bunch of nondescript office workers fronted by an angry fishwife.

I like 'em.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:00 am

New PSB record on the horizon. It's called FLUORESCENT.

Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:20 am

As a huge Pet Shop Boys fan I'm looking forward to Electric.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Listening to "Vocal", Electric's closing number. By far the best track that Tennant and Lowe have released in well over a decade.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Janelle Monae's THE ELECTRIC LADY (her followup to THE ARCHANDROID) drops September 10.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 pm

Not thought much of Goldfrapp since their splendid debut Felt Mountain, but there's a mildly erotic tension to Drew that I like. From Tales of Us due on September 9th.

http://vimeo.com/70190035

How is Vimeo embedded here?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:01 pm

M needs to enable HTML code.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Bugger. the embedding works on preview, but not on actual upload.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 pm

Goldfrapp - Drew from Mute on Vimeo.

Blimey, it worked! 

Just went to my preferences and clicked 'yes' on 'always enable html code.'
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:15 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:

Ah, and now I've toggled my html I can see it too, Can that be implemented globally?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:22 pm

I dig it. The chord changes are very Thomas Newman (who I'm sure Will Greggory is a fan of). 

Has Alison had any work done?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

Ah, and now I've toggled my html I can see it too, Can that be implemented globally?

Looks like it's the default for all users. Remember when you got your email account spammed with updates on every thread you ever replied to.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Has Alison had any work done?

She must be in her 50s now, so she's certainly had work done post-production.

Drew has a very Nouvelle Vague feel to it.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:04 am

Just heard a leak of the album. Tales of Us is by far the dullest of Goldfrapp's more organic albums. Makes a good ying to Head First's yang. It seems this band has lost the plot.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:21 am

I really liked the four tracks I've heard from TOU, thought they were all rather lovely. Felt Mountain, Seventh Tree and the recent Yello Halo are the ballpark I'm hoping this album is in, as that's my fave Goldfrapp stuff. Head First was terrible, so if TOU is the opposite in practically any way then touch wood I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
Phantom Commander
Head of Station
Head of Station
Phantom Commander

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 10:22 am

New SWANS album, THE BEGGAR, coming out in June.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forthcoming Album Releases   Forthcoming Album Releases - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forthcoming Album Releases
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2