More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Favourite Bond double-entendre

Go down 
+10
Krilencu
Makeshift Python
MBalje
Blunt Instrument
CJB
bondfan06
Ravenstone
Perilagu Khan
Largo's Shark
bitchcraft
14 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Favourite Bond double-entendre Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:05 pm

A double entendre is a figure of speech in which a spoken phrase is devised to be understood in either of two ways. Often the first (more obvious) meaning is straightforward, while the second meaning is less so: often risqué or ironic.

Mine would be after Roger Moore's Bond has a fight with artery-gnawing Jaws on the train and kicks him out the window (like Tee Hee). He then tells Anya 'He just dropped in for a quick bite.' ❤
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:14 pm

"Could you me help find... the stationary?"

Geddit?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Bond to Rosie: "Oh, I wouldn't worry. We should be able to lick you into shape in no time."

Honorable mention to: "Just a slight stiffness coming on."
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:32 pm

'Unintentional' one - obviously - "I think he's attempting re-entry, sir."
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:46 pm

"I am now aiming precisely at your groin. So speak now or forever hold your piece."
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:04 am

"Now there's a mouthful."

"I think I got the thrust of it."

"Lee Tamahori."
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:28 pm

'As long as the collars and cuffs match'.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:14 pm

5 examples of favorites:

''We have people everywhere'' QOS.
''This is the new banker... Mr.. Bond James Bond.'' TMND
''Oh, Stop it both of you! Stop it! You're like boys with toys! '' Goldeneye.
''James Bond. Charming, sophisticated secret agent. "Shaken, but not disturbed." Goldeneye.
''Where's Fekkesh?'' ''Pyramids! '' TSWLM.

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:44 pm

BTW, Sharky, very cool avatar.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 12:00 am

Got to be either 'Speak now or forever hold your piece' or 'A little restless but I got off eventually.'
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 4:55 am

"You're one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen."
"Thank you, but I think my mouth is too big."
"No, it's the right size... For me, that is."
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Krilencu
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Krilencu

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Actually I always loved:

"Elliot Carver: (staring at Bond) You have a vivid imagination for a banker, Mr. Bond. Perhaps I should commission you to write a novel.
Bond: Oh, no, I wouldn't know where to begin. I'd be lost at sea... adrift..."
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 3:40 am

Krilencu wrote:
Actually I always loved:

"Elliot Carver: (staring at Bond) You have a vivid imagination for a banker, Mr. Bond. Perhaps I should commission you to write a novel.
Bond: Oh, no, I wouldn't know where to begin. I'd be lost at sea... adrift..."
He might as well have been saying "Hey, I know you sunk the Devonshire, I know you misguided it with your satellites, I'm onto you."
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 4:56 am

Pretty cringe-worthy exchange IMO.

Dunno, maybe they shouldn't have shown the audience that Carver was the one behind HMS Devonshire's sinking that early on.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 12:19 pm

CJB wrote:
Dunno, maybe they shouldn't have shown the audience that Carver was the one behind HMS Devonshire's sinking that early on.
But then that comes with trying to revive the soggy old TB-YOLT-TSWLM-MR formula for one last time.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 8:32 pm

It's already doing that anyway even as it is. I'm not too much against that, as I understand this was Mike and Babs own attempt at just doing a classic formula Bond film that TLD/LTK/GE got away from. While the older films still felt fresh in their own way, TND is just limp and generic, which all comes down to Spottiswoode, who should have never gotten a call from EON. Heck, Roland Emmerich was suggested to be a better alternative to Tamahori, I think TND would have suited his style more with the WWIII high stakes.

Really though, I would have loved John Woo to do TND. With him it would have stood a good chance at topping GE.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 1:41 pm

When I heard that TWINE was to feature a character called Christmas Jones, I thought that there was potential for a 'Christmas coming more than once a year' double-entendre but then dismissed it as too risque for Bond. So imagine my surprise at it being the movie's closing line.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 2:21 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
'As long as the collars and cuffs match'.
thumbsup
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:09 pm

"I'm afraid you've caught me with more than just my hands up!"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Well, I had to join when I saw these.

How about in "Thunderball" when he tells Pat Fearing, "Oh, I travel... a sort of licensed troubleshooter."

Not very saucy, but pretty much on-target.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Savage1701 wrote:
Well, I had to join when I saw these.

How about in "Thunderball" when he tells Pat Fearing, "Oh, I travel... a sort of licensed troubleshooter."

Not very saucy, but pretty much on-target.

I think Dalton does a nice corollary to this when he corrects Sanchez suggesting he's "More a problem eliminator" and gives that semi maniacal laugh!
Back to top Go down
Bond Fan 90
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Bond Fan 90

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 8:44 pm

"My god, what's Bond doing?!"

"I think he's attempting re-entry sir!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.ajb007.co.uk/
Full Monty Norman

Full Monty Norman

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 12:34 pm

Here's some of my favourites:

1) M: "Where's Bond?" Moneypenny: "He's on his final leg sir." Moonraker
2) Plenty: "I'm Plenty." Bond: "But of course you are." Plenty: "No! Plenty O' Toole." Bond: "Named after your father no doubt." DAF
3) Not so much a double entendre but funny: Hood: "I gotta a brudder." Bond: "Small world." DAF
4) Felix: "Where are the diamonds James? Bond walking past the casket: "It's alimentary my dear Felix." DAF
5) Again, just funny really: Woman: "Are you with our group? Bond climbing into the boat from the river: "No ma'am. I'm with the economy tour." Octopussy
6) One more and I better stop! I could do this all morning! Solitaire: "Now what are you doing? Bond: "Just being disarming, darling." LALD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bond double-entendre   Favourite Bond double-entendre Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Bond double-entendre
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: