More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How's the weather?

Go down 
+17
Loomis
j7wild
Ravenstone
Santa
Louis Armstrong
Harmsway
Gravity's Silhouette
Lobelia Overhill
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
Makeshift Python
lalala2004
Largo's Shark
tiffanywint
CJB
Perilagu Khan
Control
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Not good in New York.

It's supposed to be over 110 today. :|
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Over 110 in New York? Shit!

Of course it has been damned hot and dry in Texas forever. We've gotten about 1 1/2 inches of precipitation since last October and we've also already broken the local record for most 100+ days in a year at 30. It sucks. It sucks badly.

Fortunately, I'm going to the mountains of New Mexico for a four-day vacation and rain is forecast there.

:)

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:37 am

Rainy as fuck. Wettest month in Sydney since 1951.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:06 am

Serious heatwave ☀ in Toronto, but the girls look great, walking about in their next to nothing outfits.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Rainy, windy and cloudy. 60 here in London. :albino:
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
Over 110 in New York? Shit!

Of course it has been damned hot and dry in Texas forever. We've gotten about 1 1/2 inches of precipitation since last October and we've also already broken the local record for most 100+ days in a year at 30. It sucks. It sucks badly.

Fortunately, I'm going to the mountains of New Mexico for a four-day vacation and rain is forecast there.

:)

I actually drove through a bit of that rain yesterday on my way back from Colorado.

It was certainly cooler than Texas, but still seemed hot for Colorado.

I wish we'd get some rain, here....
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Not too bad here in Southern California, so far. Been in the 80s for awhile. The 100s are going to arrive, just a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:03 pm

It's ironic that it gets hotter in the USA in the summertime than in the sunny caribbean where I am. Our hottest days are mid 90s at best.

PS Anyone else have a swimming pool in the backyard? :face:
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:17 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
It's ironic that it gets hotter in the USA in the summertime than in the sunny caribbean where I am. Our hottest days are mid 90s at best.

That is ironic. Our heatwaves are brutal but we only get one a year. Two at the most. July or August only.
People actually take "heat days" off. Pathetic.

No pool. Just a bathtub. My sister has a pool but she's a two hour drive.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:00 am

Been in the mid-to-upper 90s the past week or so, with head indexes easily topping 100. Without working air conditioning, the last few days have been pretty miserable.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:38 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Me. That's right bitches, hate me.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:14 pm

How's the weather? 1289522441523
Back to top Go down
Lobelia Overhill

Lobelia Overhill

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Me. That's right bitches, hate me.

Hate you? hell no, I'm moving in with you... 8)
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:38 am

I've been watching the Hurricane Irene coverage on the major cable news network, plus CNN and MSNBC, and sad to say, all three of them have given in to sensationalistic reporting...trying to present doomsday scenarios for New Yorkers. I woke up this morning to one CNN reporter showing computer scenarios that suggest 'there could be more deaths than Katrina' in lower Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, etc.... :pale:

I think this storm will end up going down as one of the biggest hyped non-events in history, and millions of people are going to be pissed that they were forced to evacuate from their homes for this. Anyone remember the good old days when a hurricane used to be just a hurricane, and was not an extension of modern day American politics? I saw one headline on CNN stating "The Politics of the Storm", as if Hurricane Irene was a Democrat or Republican. We used to have storms and we'd clean up after them and you never thought about trying to blame a person for the storm. Now we can't have a tornado, earthquake, tsunami, snowstorm, or hurricane without someone trying to blame another political party for nature doing what nature has been doing for millions of years. :evil:
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:09 pm

I've been guessing (hoping) that everybody's severely over-hyping the storm. Nevertheless, I'm prepped anyway.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Harmsway wrote:
I've been guessing (hoping) that everybody's severely over-hyping the storm. Nevertheless, I'm prepped anyway.

Well, of course we all hope you remain safe and don't lose anybody or anything. From my vantage point, though, it feels like something out of THE DAY AFTER THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW:

Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Nevertheless, I'm prepped anyway.

I am, as well.

I have a bottle of vodka and a 12 pack of Dos Equis.

And maybe a flashlight somewhere around here.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:53 pm

I picked up some emergency booze myself. Two bottles of wine and some Kraken rum.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:56 am

NY is about to get hit with this hurricane soon, I have Whiskey on reserve just in case it gets bad.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:06 am

I've been chugging pink champagne since about two. But the weather's quite nice here.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:33 am

Normally I'm against people making an "ass" of themselves behind a news reporter, but if the news reporter him/herself is being an idiot or covering a stupid story, I think a certain amount of childish, immature behavior is called for. In this case, this reporter is standing in hurricane force winds (why?) to give his update, and he's complaining about all the people he's seeing driving and walking around in hurricane force winds and can't understand why they are doing it (maybe it's because they see him standing out there like an idiot with a camera and a national audience) when viewers get to see one guy's full moon and storm front (and, by the way, the bitching and moaning and lecturing by this reporter gets old rather quickly):

This one is actually my favorite:

What a douche-bag this reporter Eric Fisher is. He wanted us all to think he was risking his safety to bring us the news and these kids have walked right past him, behind him and humiliated him. :D
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Please tell me that I did not just hear Janet Napolitano in a FEMA press conference on live television at around 11:35 EST say that FEMA and Homeland Security were going to "continue to lean forward" in their management of the hurricane. I know I did not hear her say that.

EDIT: Yep, I did hear it: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-hurricane-irene-historic-federal-government-prepared/story?id=14387670

"The federal government is leaning forward, ahead of the storm," Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told reporters in Washington, D.C., this morning. "The president has directed us to ensure that all needed resources are available and that we should coordinate closely with our local partners."

And President Obama has taken charge of the hurricane command center. I feel so more safer now:

"I cannot stress this highly enough: If you are in the projected path of this hurricane, take precautions now," Obama said in an address from Martha's Vineyard.

"The federal government has spent the better part of last week working … to see to it that we're prepared," he added. "All indications point to this being a historic hurricane."

No, not really. I think the media wanted this to be a historic hurricane, which is why I heard words being used like "catastrophic" and comparisons to Katrina to hype the 'cane, but the reality is far different.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-takes-charge-hurricane-command-center-172139005.html

How's the weather? Hurricaneo-550x307
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:12 pm

I'm not there so I don't know how it turned out but the press over here are reporting at least 10 dead so it must have been more than a shower. I seem to remember a lot of criticism about them not making enough effort for Katrina. Now they try and help and they're overreacting. Poor old US government, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Santa wrote:
I'm not there so I don't know how it turned out but the press over here are reporting at least 10 dead so it must have been more than a shower. I seem to remember a lot of criticism about them not making enough effort for Katrina. Now they try and help and they're overreacting. Poor old US government, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Apples and oranges. Katrina was a Cat 3 storm when it crossed the Gulf of Mexico and made a bee-line straight for a city that sits below sea level. New Orleans had decades to prepare for this storm; I've been there. I've seen New Orleans. They knew. They all knew. I talked with people from New Orleans about hurricanes when I was there back in 2000. Everywhere you went you had to know that if a huge hurricane hit New Orleans that it could be catastrophic. And the actions of the people immediately after the hurricane indicates exactly why so much loss of life and property occurred.

Also, let's be clear about my criticism: I'm blaming the media for hyping the story in order to get ratings, not the government for doing any warnings. However, it's not the president's job, nor is he qualified, to be in "command" of the hurricane control center. It was a photo-op pure and simple.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
. They knew. They all knew.
I agree, they did all know. I lived in the Middle East at the time it happened and we all knew out there too - everyone knew. I remember us talking at the time, wondering why more people didn't leave when advised to.

Anyway, I gather the storm has passed now - was it that bad or was it just desperately over-hyped?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How's the weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How's the weather?   How's the weather? Empty

Back to top Go down

How's the weather?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: