More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0

Go down 
+48
hegottheboot
Moore
Krilencu
Walecs
00Beast
AMC Hornet
Mr Bond
Fort Knox
Prisoner Monkeys
groucho070
Fairbairn-Sykes
TedHeath
DavidSomerset
Loomis
saint mark
Thunderpussy
Harmsway
lachesis
Chief of SIS
bitchcraft
Gravity's Silhouette
Sleeper
trevanian
Control
SJK91
Blunt Instrument
Hilly
bondfan06
tiffanywint
Seve
GeneralGogol
The White Tuxedo
G section
Prince Kamal Khan
Makeshift Python
CJB
Salomé
Louis Armstrong
Perilagu Khan
Lazenby.
lalala2004
Tubes
colly
Vesper
Largo's Shark
Mr. Trevelyan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Fae
52 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 Empty
PostSubject: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:28 am

.... a favourite of mine.

Post about the last Bond film you watched!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:52 am

I was going to post this after I watched a Bond film. You know, to give it some substance. tongue
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 12:46 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I was going to post this after I watched a Bond film. You know, to give it some substance. tongue
Fields, all my threads have substance - some just more than others. tongue
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:18 am

Had a Sean Connery double bill on Saturday night - Doctor No and Diamonds Are Forever. The former is considerably better than the latter, but both are remarkable for their own reasons. Well, DN more so. DAF gave a me good laugh with its witty script and Connery's delivery was superb. The score is also a favourite of mine. DN has so much going for it. I love the track playing when Bond returns to this apartment after meeting Sylvia Trench. Not the Bond theme, but just before it. A very curious, mysterious cue.

DN: 10/10

DAF: 8.6/10
Back to top Go down
Mr. Trevelyan
Cipher Clerk
Mr. Trevelyan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:45 am

Moonraker (1979)

First half is OK, but later half just drops the whole "fun". Fragile sets, laughably poor special effects (the separation of the shuttle's external tank cracks me everytime), and a useless love affair. Was it really necessary to start follow the trend of Star Wars? This is James Bond, dammit! Let it be what it is!! :x

4/10
Back to top Go down
Mr. Trevelyan
Cipher Clerk
Mr. Trevelyan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 6:42 pm

For Your Eyes Only (1981)

A big, big approvement from MR. Great story, great characters and probably the best action sequences in any Roger Moore film: the car chase with the rusty Citroën is downright genius, the ski chases are thrillingly awesome, the climb scene is suspenseful and the climax is damn great. Not a perfect film, but still a better and more realistic Bond than the previous one.

8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 8:05 am

Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Moonraker (1979)

First half is OK, but later half just drops the whole "fun". Fragile sets.

They're arguably some of the finest sets in the series, courtesy of Ken Adam. Nothing fragile about them whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:48 am

Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Moonraker (1979)

They're arguably some of the finest sets in the series, courtesy of Ken Adam. Nothing fragile about them whatsoever.

Agreed. The sets are quite excellent in my opinion. I love Drax's HQ in Venice, along with his Amazonian lair (though it doesn't quite live up to the volcanic lair, or the ice palace, IMO. You can't really fault the look of MR. It's gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:21 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Moonraker (1979)

Agreed. The sets are quite excellent in my opinion. I love Drax's HQ in Venice, along with his Amazonian lair (though it doesn't quite live up to the volcanic lair, or the ice palace, IMO.

Peter Lamont's ice palace from DUD. Really?
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:59 am

I watched DAD the other day, and when the cars were driving up the spiral ramp, I was thinking... how in the fuck did people WALK up a RAMP made of ICE! laugh
Back to top Go down
Mr. Trevelyan
Cipher Clerk
Mr. Trevelyan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Moonraker (1979)

Well they do look fabulous at the first time, but when the battle emerges they start to look like something that a 10 year old would make for a school project. And IMHO, Adam was at his best in YOLT and TSWLM.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 12:09 pm

What led to Adam being replaced by Lamont, by the way? Was it strictly a demand thing, was it political with Glen taking over or what?

The game was shit, but his design work on Goldeneye: Rogue Agent was pretty damn brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Moonraker (1979)

Well they do look fabulous at the first time, but when the battle emerges they start to look like something that a 10 year old would make for a school project..

Are you talking about Derek Medding's model work. That's what the exterior shots from space are. Those aren't sets, just a the actors and extras lasering each other on the Paris soundstage, composited over the models.

Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
And IMHO, Adam was at his best in YOLT and TSWLM.

I don't know about TSWLM. Sure, Atlantis is a masterpiece, but the Liparus is a bit dull. Doesn't help that it's lensed in an uninspired way. In MR, the cinematographer knew how to frame and shoot the sets.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Trevelyan
Cipher Clerk
Mr. Trevelyan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Moonraker (1979)

Well they do look fabulous at the first time, but when the battle emerges they start to look like something that a 10 year old would make for a school project..

Are you talking about Derek Medding's model work.
No, I'm meaning the inside scenes. Just look at the walls when the station starts to collapse, they look like paper.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:13 pm

Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Moonraker (1979)

No, I'm meaning the inside scenes. Just look at the walls when the station starts to collapse, they look like paper.

Looks pretty solid to me.

No idea what you're on about.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Trevelyan
Cipher Clerk
Mr. Trevelyan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Moonraker (1979)

Looks pretty solid to me.

No idea what you're on about.
One picture doesn't tell the truth.

And to give you a hint: it's all my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Mr. Trevelyan wrote:

Here's another hintr: that doesn't mean it's any valid.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Trevelyan
Cipher Clerk
Mr. Trevelyan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:

Probably not for you.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:

Probably not for you.

Or the vast majority of posters on this site. ;)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Trevelyan
Cipher Clerk
Mr. Trevelyan

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:

Probably not for you.

Or the vast majority of posters on this site. ;)
Touché.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:49 pm

I can see what Mr T's getting at - personally I've never been big on this particular set.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 3:18 pm

That's in my top 5 Bond sets, fo sho. Entirely Ken Adam in its basic design (sharp angles converging at the ceiling, forming an arch), but with the hundreds of screen panels and shiny black surfaces giving a more modern touch. Looks like it inspired Steve Jobs...

http://screenmusings.org/Moonraker/pages/Mnrkr_677.htm

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 Apple_iPhone_3G_540x276

Introducing the new iDrax. Hijack it from an airfield near you.

Last edited by Sharky on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:09 pm

Sharky wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Mr. Trevelyan wrote:
Moonraker (1979)

Agreed. The sets are quite excellent in my opinion. I love Drax's HQ in Venice, along with his Amazonian lair (though it doesn't quite live up to the volcanic lair, or the ice palace, IMO.

Peter Lamont's ice palace from DUD. Really?

I find the design to be fantastic. The swan bed, the bar counters. It's plausible, not impossible, like the volcano lair. Don't care too much for the music played inside though... 🇳🇴

But with all the faults in DAD, the ice palace, or even the entire production design isn't one of them.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:05 am

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 TWinE_0690

The World Is Not Enough

Well, no. That's not quite right. More like my edit of The World Is Not Enough. 30 minutes shorter, slightly less coherent, but with 90% less soap.

Still not good, but at least passable and entertaining at times.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Tubes wrote:
More like my edit of The World Is Not Enough. 30 minutes shorter, slightly less coherent, but with 90% less soap.

Still not good, but at least passable and entertaining at times.

That's the only version I'll watch.

When's your blu-ray release? ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0   Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Bond Movie You Watched? 1.0
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next