More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake Empty
PostSubject: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:34 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/aug/19/tony-scott-wild-bunch-remake

Do not like. Though I'm not entirely surprised at Scott's desire to revisit one of Peckinpah's classics.
"Man on Fire" was his attempt at making a Peckinpah feature, only it turned out to be Peckinpah light, at best.

I also hope he resists the temptation to cast his buddy Denzel in the Pike role. That would make it instantly absurd.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:36 am

FUCK no!

I had written several sentences before I realized those two words communicated it all.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:35 am

And I thought after UNSTOPPABLE he was making a comeback of sorts.

Oh well.

On an unrelated note: I could not stand MAN ON FIRE. I was going through his entire filmography last Summer and I quit right after that.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:13 am

Distracting cinematography aside, I thought MAN ON FIRE was pretty cool.

That being said, a remake of THE WILD BUNCH is just a steaming pile of shit waiting to happen. I don't see how anyone can even come close to depicting the awesomeness of that final shootout in Hollywood today.

Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake Lolcatsdotcomksr87i8le7k6ilaq
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 5:00 pm

I say let Scott make a film like THE WILD BUNCH set in modern Mexico as the article says, but don't use the title.

If that happened, I couldn't care less.

The original can't really be remade with any genuineness. It was a product of it's time, and a product of it's director. Peckinpah brought his own sensibility to the film, and it's really the best sensibility the film could have had.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 5:12 pm

The original was a fantastic blend of many factors. Even if we take Peckinpah out of the equation, there is the small matter of the cast. We had a bunch of actors who - to a certain extent - owed their fame to a genre that had gone out of favor in the US playing a group of men who in their own way realized times had passed them by.

Any modern cast would seem paltry in comparison.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:06 pm

To get that mix of actors fallen out of favor, you'd just have to cast WILD BUNCH from Dr Drew's Rehab series.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:12 pm

The Wild Bunch was already remade for modern tastes as Bad Girls.

Needless to say, it was shit.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Bad Girls was just a rehash of many Western genre cliches with women instead of men in the principal roles.

Not unlike The Quick and the Dead, I suppose.

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:47 pm

trevanian wrote:
To get that mix of actors fallen out of favor, you'd just have to cast WILD BUNCH from Dr Drew's Rehab series.

Lookin' through the list, Tom Sizemore. What a waste.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzMKrx9HHtU#t=29s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake   Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Scott in talks to direct "The Wild Bunch" remake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: