More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Are you pro-death penalty

Go down 
+21
trevanian
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
lalala2004
RobDudley
Makeshift Python
Fairbairn-Sykes
Ravenstone
Jack Wade
tiffanywint
Santa
GeneralGogol
HJackson
Largo's Shark
CJB
Harmsway
Fae
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
Loomis
bitchcraft
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Are you pro-death penalty?
yes
Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 Vote_lcap46%Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 17 ]
no
Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 Vote_lcap54%Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 54% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 Barbie_in_elec_chair_270x360

"The crime is life. The sentence is death"

Really, I just wanted to post a pic of Barbie in an electric chair.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Honestly, you could have at least put the poor girl's knees together.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:46 pm

It was that warm-hearted warder Sindy. She's a lezza.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:49 pm

I always knew Ken would be the death of her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:57 pm

To bring this back on topic, I support the death penalty for other people.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:02 pm

And I support it for dolls.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Other people's dolls.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 5:55 am

Fae wrote:
Don't support it.

Largerly for the big what if: what if you got it wrong?

Me too.

As flawed as our justice systems are, a punishment so permanent makes me uncomfortable.

I'm not going to campaign against it, but I just don't like it.

I also think prisons should be as self-sufficient as possible to reduce their cost to society, so as to take that argument out of it.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 am

Avarice wrote:
To bring this back on topic, I support the death penalty for other people.

That seems to be a stance even most death row inmates agree with. ;)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:42 am

Kennon wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Harmsway wrote:
These foundational beliefs have consistently been challenged over the past century, and that, along with other cultural tides, has resulted in a fractured society incapable of having an honest moral/ethical debate because there is no longer a shared philosophical starting point.

And from thereon opening the gates to moral relativism, courtesy of the the Frankfurt School. In their minds, the Jude-Christian interpretation of universal truth is authoritarian, Eurocentric, phallocentric, and obsolete. Marxism has won.

Did the Frankenfurter School propagate this? Or just describe?

Both.
Back to top Go down
Lobelia Overhill

Lobelia Overhill

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm opposed to the death penalty. I don't see how it works as a deterrent, Ted Bundy knew he'd go to the chair, but it didn't stop him - or many others from perpetrating dreadful crimes, and many of them didn't kill someone in the heat of the moment, but methodically. They knew what they were doing, they knew what would happen if they were caught, and yet they killed anyways, and killed more than once.

Also, several years ago I saw a documentary on TV I can't remember the name if it, but it was something like 30 Days in May... anyway it was about a young man who was on death row for the murder of a cop. It followed his final appeal and the process by which he was executed (gas chamber) but didn't show his actual execution. It was one of those things that haunts you forever more after seeing it. The possibility that the guy was in fact completely innocent and was a victim of mistaken identity makes it all the more chilling.

I've also seen a show on TV which looked at the number of people on death row (specifically in America) who were juveniles (or were when convicted of the crime) or mentally ill.

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:25 pm

Lobelia Overhill wrote:
I'm opposed to the death penalty. I don't see how it works as a deterrent, Ted Bundy knew he'd go to the chair, but it didn't stop him - or many others from perpetrating dreadful crimes, and many of them didn't kill someone in the heat of the moment, but methodically. They knew what they were doing, they knew what would happen if they were caught, and yet they killed anyways, and killed more than once.

Also, several years ago I saw a documentary on TV I can't remember the name if it, but it was something like 30 Days in May... anyway it was about a young man who was on death row for the murder of a cop. It followed his final appeal and the process by which he was executed (gas chamber) but didn't show his actual execution. It was one of those things that haunts you forever more after seeing it. The possibility that the guy was in fact completely innocent and was a victim of mistaken identity makes it all the more chilling.

I've also seen a show on TV which looked at the number of people on death row (specifically in America) who were juveniles (or were when convicted of the crime) or mentally ill.

There's more than one argument in favor of the death penalty, but I respect people's hesitation to use it. However, the deterrent factor is not the sole criteria for me. We can't say for certain how many crimes weren't committed because someone knew the death penalty existed; it's unknowable. But neither can I say just because people commit murder that the whole death penalty system should be thrown out because it's not stopping murder. Ted Bundy has been deterred; he's dead. He can't kill or hurt anybody else ever again. You can't get any more deterred than being dead.

But there's also the justice factor. A person who takes a life has no way to repay the state or the victim or the victim's family because they can't bring back the life of the person they killed. The only way a person can truly make restitution in a murder case is to give their own life, whether voluntarily or through force by the state.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm opposed to the death penalty for the same reason I am opposed to abortion. I can't find the moral justification.
====However that aside, the only practical reason I can see for the death penalty, is that it does remove a threat from society. If the Manson killers were lower profile they mind have found their way out by now. Killers as vicious as these should never see the outside of a prison but unfortunatley in our liberal societies we forget about the threat they pose, never mind the punishment they deserve, and killers do get released to kill again.
Our universities are full of subversive Marxist profs, filling criminology and sociology students heads with all sorts of crap about how we really don't need prisons, that prisons only make things worse, etc.
Personally I wouldn't be crushed if the Law and Order Capital Punishment crowd got it's way and brought back the death penalty in jurisdictions where it was banned. This would force liberals to put-up or shut-up, ie counter with a penal system that put emphasis on punishment, debt to society, removal of threats, victim's right etc. as opposed to fanciful notions of rehabbing dangerous criminals.

Last edited by tiffanywint on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

But there's also the justice factor. A person who takes a life has no way to repay the state or the victim or the victim's family because they can't bring back the life of the person they killed. The only way a person can truly make restitution in a murder case is to give their own life, whether voluntarily or through force by the state.

That's not justice. That's called 'revenge'.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
That's called 'revenge'.

Or top telly.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Avarice wrote:
Ravenstone wrote:
That's called 'revenge'.

Or top telly.

Well, they are letting cameras into court rooms now. Worst luck. Anyone who knows anything about the legal system knows the last thing m'learned Judge needs is a bloody camera to play up to. :roll:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Who cares if a few innocents die? If it means more low-cut tops in the dock then I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Avarice wrote:
Who cares if a few innocents die? If it means more low-cut tops in the dock then I'm all for it.

It's a tough call, Ambler. I mean, if you want the Jury to feel sorry for the witness, do you really want to alienate any straight women in their number for the sake of distracting any straight men? And is it going to add anything to the witness' credibility to have her jubblies out?

Important considerations. I think you'll find most barristers will suggest something modest and conservative for their witnesses. Dammit.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:57 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
It's a tough call, Ambler. I mean, if you want the Jury to feel sorry for the witness, do you really want to alienate any straight women in their number for the sake of distracting any straight men? And is it going to add anything to the witness' credibility to have her jubblies out?

No problem.

The defendants should be women only, and the judge and juries should be all men. :bounce: :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Ravenstone wrote:

If I steal some money from you I can always pay you back. If the court orders me to pay it back is that "revenge"?

If I steal your life how am I to pay it back? Why should I be allowed to take your life and act as your judge, jury and executioner but not be held to the same standards?
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:06 pm

Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
Is the immediate jewel of their souls:
Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands:
But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him
And makes me poor indeed.

There is a difference between property theft, and theft of something which has no intrinsic value, but which - nevertheless - is priceless. The two things cannot be treated the same way.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Ravenstone wrote:

If I steal some money from you I can always pay you back. If the court orders me to pay it back is that "revenge"?

If I steal your life how am I to pay it back? Why should I be allowed to take your life and act as your judge, jury and executioner but not be held to the same standards?

But many killers act as executioner only. They don't bother with the judging. Killing is either an end in itself or a means to an end.

Capital punishment is just that - punishment. A form of punishment for crimes commited within the context of our broader criminal "justice" system.

However if we read our Plato (The Republic) we know that man is incapable of doing actual justice, for as Plato painstakingly concludes, for a man to be just, he must be all-knowing. So we just do our best, without deluding ourselves into believing that we can actually achieve justice.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:14 pm

Any man who brings Plato into a discussion about tits should be executed.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Oh I dunno. Bring a bit of class into the discussion and I'm all for flashing my tits in appreciation......
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
Is the immediate jewel of their souls:
Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands:
But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him
And makes me poor indeed.

There is a difference between property theft, and theft of something which has no intrinsic value, but which - nevertheless - is priceless. The two things cannot be treated the same way.

Agreed. They can't be treated the same and they are not treated the same; steal a car, the state imprisons you and forces you to make restitution. Steal a life and get the electric chair or lethal injection.

I can live without the death penalty if for no other reason than to be absolutely sure no one is wrongly put to death, but it's not a make or break item for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you pro-death penalty   Are you pro-death penalty - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you pro-death penalty
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next