More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?

Go down 
+14
tiffanywint
Perilagu Khan
AMC Hornet
jaguar007
CJB
Loomis
Harmsway
trevanian
Makeshift Python
GeneralGogol
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
Gravity's Silhouette
Santa
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:00 am

Does anyone here really believe that the Bond franchise can never 'recover' from this controversial hiccup?

Is this short indicative of the direction Bond 23 is headed?

Has Barbara Broccoli gone mad with power? Is she sick, like Stalin? Does she need to be - how you say - 'put away'?

I didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:47 am

AMC Hornet wrote:
Does anyone here really believe that the Bond franchise can never 'recover' from this controversial hiccup?

Has Barbara Broccoli gone mad with power? Is she sick, like Stalin? Does she need to be - how you say - 'put away'?

I didn't think so.
Exactly. The only people really upset about it are hardcore fans, not many outside of that group give a shit. I don't give a shit either. One silly misguided ad isn't going to spoil an entire series for me.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:05 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
AMC Hornet wrote:

I didn't think so.
Exactly. The only people really upset about it are hardcore fans, not many outside of that group give a shit. I don't give a shit either. One silly misguided ad isn't going to spoil an entire series for me.

It's not as if those getting their knickers in a twist over it will give a shit either. They're all going to see the next one. And the next one.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:08 am

I'm a hardcore fan and I don't give a shit, either.

In the days before internet this little 'controversy' would have been forgotten by now (I don't think about it myself until someone drags it out again (pun not intended - initially)).

You might as well get upset over Roger Moore sending up Bond in The Cannonball Run (although he seemed to be sending Bond up in the films he made for EON anyway), or the Suntory ad with Old Connery advising Young Connery on what scotch to drink.

Someone's always going to get upset over something, no matter what anybody does.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:26 am

AMC Hornet wrote:

You might as well get upset over Roger Moore sending up Bond in The Cannonball Run (although he seemed to be sending Bond up in the films he made for EON anyway), or the Suntory ad with Old Connery advising Young Connery on what scotch to drink.

There's a stark difference between a Bond actor advertising scotch and having an incumbent Bond be put in a dress and castigated for having a penis in a PSA with a socio-political agenda. I'd have no issues with Craig appearing in an advertisement for scotch as Connery did.

If we were to flip things around, would anyone here be pleased with 007 appearing in a PSA that promoted opposition to gay marriage?

I should also point out that I'm not anti-Babs just because of that one ad. I think the film series itself is travelling in the wrong direction. That's where my beef chiefly lies.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:51 am

CJB wrote:

If we were to flip things around, would anyone here be pleased with 007 appearing in a PSA that promoted opposition to gay marriage?

Wouldn't bother me in the least. It's not going to happen.

CJB wrote:

I should also point out that I'm not anti-Babs just because of that one ad. I think the film series itself is travelling in the wrong direction. That's where my beef chiefly lies.

THAT'S the main reason with most of the Anti-Babs brigade, the feeling the films are not what they used to be. Dates back to Lazenby and Moore being cast and the days of the double-taking pidgeon. Will most likely have no effect on the direction of the series itself, they go where the money is, not where the mooing comes from. Fans, even if they date back to knowing Fleming himself on first name terms, are nothing that doesn't grow back. For each one not bothering about the films any longer there are two new ones born with every new film. Depressing perhaps, but fans don't have a say in these matters.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:37 pm

CJB wrote:
AMC Hornet wrote:

There's a stark difference between a Bond actor advertising scotch and having an incumbent Bond be put in a dress and castigated for having a penis in a PSA with a socio-political agenda. I'd have no issues with Craig appearing in an advertisement for scotch as Connery did.

That's more or less what I asked when the ad came out. Would people find this ad appropriate if Daniel Craig put on an afro-wig and black face in conjunction with International Racial Harmony Day in order to better understand the lives of black people? Probably not.

Bond should never be used to promote social agendas, whether they are conservative or liberal.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:13 pm

[quote="Gravity's Silhouette"]

Bond should never be used to promote social agendas, whether they are conservative or liberal. [/quote

Good point.

But it's done, and cannot be undone. Let's just hope nothing like this is ever done again.

I'm sure some of the backlash must have reached the Broccoli ivory tower by now (and has subsided as well).
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 10:44 pm

I might be wrong, but there's a been general warming to Babs since last year, that I find interesting. Is the hate for Babs what's she stands for just lying dormant in the run-up to SKYFALL, or have we changed ourselves?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:41 pm

A warming to Babs? I'm not sure I've really sensed this, although she did a credible job in that interview with Wilson a while back. Even Tiffy expressed some admiration.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:38 am

CJB wrote:

It's difficult to attribute a poltiical message to a film about a giant killer satelite made of diamonds, a magic face-changing machine, and an invisible car. DAD doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as QOS does. The poltiics weren't nearly as in-your-face.

Aren't you talking about two films here: DAF with its not-so-giant killer satellite made of diamonds, and DAD with its giant killer satellite, face-changing process, dream machine and invisible car?

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:14 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
I might be wrong, but there's a been general warming to Babs since last year, that I find interesting. Is the hate for Babs what's she stands for just lying dormant in the run-up to SKYFALL, or have we changed ourselves?

I think hatred of Babs subsided when we realised we'd probably bang her if given the chance.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:06 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
A warming to Babs? I'm not sure I've really sensed this, although she did a credible job in that interview with Wilson a while back. Even Tiffy expressed some admiration.

And that was damn magnanimous of me. Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 3012860531 Shark may be on to something. CJB too ^
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
A warming to Babs? I'm not sure I've really sensed this

I'd say it's more just a case of people not talking about her much right now, and this silence being mistaken for approval or contentment. Her stock will rise or fall based on how good/bad Skyfail turns out, so maybe then she'll take her next round of backlashings/praise.

CJB wrote:

I think hatred of Babs subsided when we realised we'd probably bang her if given the chance.

Oh yeah, there's that as well. Receiving an invite to her 2013 BAFTA bukkake party may have mellowed me somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: k   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:50 pm

CJB wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:

laugh

Words o' wisdom, CJB. Words o' wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:30 am

In light of the recent news of Moneypenny/Eve/Naomie Harris, things may heat up again.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:51 am

FieldsMan wrote:
In light of the recent news of Moneypenny/Eve/Naomie Harris, things may heat up again.

That hasn't been confirmed has it? I can't find any mention of it. I hope it won't be the case.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:00 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

That hasn't been confirmed has it? I can't find any mention of it. I hope it won't be the case.

It's pretty much all but confirmed.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:18 am

Lots of you panty boys would just love to bang Babs but my money is on Babs to put on her strap-on and bang you back...harder....you'll think you were fucked by a train....

Can I watch? :face:
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:20 am

I would not have sex with Barbara Broccoli.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:23 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY#t=13s
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:28 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

You act like you have a choice.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

Perhaps I'm in denial, but I'm still unconvinced. Some bozo named Baz pops off and we're all acting like it's the Sermon on the Mount.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 pm

CJB wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

You act like you have a choice.

I have heard of worst choices. :*e*:
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:

Perhaps I'm in denial, but I'm still unconvinced. Some bozo named Baz pops off and we're all acting like it's the Sermon on the Mount.

The man has friends in high places.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?   Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can someone please explain to me the Babs hate?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next