More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The living daylights original gunbarrel ?

Go down 
+5
Largo's Shark
Makeshift Python
trevanian
Toppers
Klaus Hergesheimer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Klaus Hergesheimer

Klaus Hergesheimer

The living daylights original gunbarrel ? Empty
PostSubject: The living daylights original gunbarrel ?   The living daylights original gunbarrel ? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Is this the original gunbarrel of The living daylights ? Looks like a Bob Simmons' one, but very interesting if it is.

Sorry if already discussed by the way.
Back to top Go down
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

PostSubject: Re: The living daylights original gunbarrel ?   The living daylights original gunbarrel ? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:49 am

No, this is Dalton. I remember reading somewhere that they scrapped it because of Dalton's 'little' leap to the side.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: The living daylights original gunbarrel ?   The living daylights original gunbarrel ? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:54 am

There's a STARLOG cover that might feature an alternate one or this one, he looks great in the still, but a little less than in this actual GB
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The living daylights original gunbarrel ?   The living daylights original gunbarrel ? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:55 am

The leap isn't quite as good as the Bob Simmons gunbarrel. I'm glad they went with the other.

I'd love to see some alternative stances by the other actors tried before settling with what ended up in theaters.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The living daylights original gunbarrel ?   The living daylights original gunbarrel ? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:04 am

Looks like he's about to fall over.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The living daylights original gunbarrel ?   The living daylights original gunbarrel ? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:01 pm

trevanian wrote:
There's a STARLOG cover that might feature an alternate one or this one, he looks great in the still, but a little less than in this actual GB

I have that issue of STARLOG.

<sigh> Anyone else care to reminisce about a time when EON used to have a gun barrel and a James Bond theme to open up the movie, and in the closing credits an announcement that:

James Bond will return
in
SHATTERHAND

Ahhhhh. Those were the good old days. Now we have to wait 6 months into a film shoot just to find out the title. :(
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: The living daylights original gunbarrel ?   The living daylights original gunbarrel ? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:19 am

I kind of like the Bob Simmons effect but I'm happy EON went with the one that ended up in TLD and LTK.

Apparently, there were at least two alternate gunbarrels for Dalton

Back to top Go down
00Beast
Cipher Clerk
00Beast

PostSubject: Re: The living daylights original gunbarrel ?   The living daylights original gunbarrel ? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:23 pm

One of our members on MI6 showed this to us, and like I said there, I don't think it looks all that bad. In fact, I kind of like it better than the one we actually got!
Back to top Go down
Sir Dalton Craig

Sir Dalton Craig

PostSubject: Re: The living daylights original gunbarrel ?   The living daylights original gunbarrel ? EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:47 am

Whoa, interesting, I never even knew there were any alternatives out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The living daylights original gunbarrel ?   The living daylights original gunbarrel ? Empty

Back to top Go down

The living daylights original gunbarrel ?
Page 1 of 1