More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Infrequently Asked Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Infrequently Asked Questions Empty
PostSubject: Infrequently Asked Questions   Infrequently Asked Questions EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:12 pm

I used to have an IAQ (Infrequently Asked Questions) section at my old website, and the idea might be worth exploring as a "sticky"(?) here at BOND AND BEYOND (or even an FAQ as well). Basically it's a set of obscure questions most people were either too embarrassed to ask or didn't know to ask in the first place. I've got about 2 dozen of them, but I won't post them all at once. I'm starting with the most ridiculous and obscure question because it's also the funniest and because Roger Moore made light of it himself, and if people like the idea I can post some, or all, of the rest.

Did Roger Moore Wear A Colostomy Bag As James Bond?

If you`ve ever asked yourself this question, you probably have too much time on your hands. In any event, this ridiculous rumor alleges that Roger Moore wore a colostomy bag from The Spy Who Loved Me through A View To A Kill and that it caused slowness and awkwardness in his action scenes. While we can`t say for an absolute certainty that he never wore one, it seems extremely unlikely. Let`s consider the evidence:

Moore had several love scenes or scenes where his shirt was off during and after The Spy Who Loved Me. It would be difficult to hide a colostomy bag or scar tissue on his waist that would indicate where the colostomy bag would go. Remember, this was several years before CGI; the producers couldn`t have just digitally altered Roger`s body.

As regards his "slow" or "awkward" action scenes...well, that`s all in the eyes of the beholder. It`s no secret that most of his stunt work was handled by a double anyway. So if someone thought they detected an awkwardness in the way Moore walked or carried himself in a fight, it`s possible they weren`t even seeing Moore but actually his stunt double.

So, where did this rumor get started? Well, Moore *did* have a serious accident while filming The Spy Who Loved Me and was very open about it, but he never mentioned anything about a colostomy bag (not that he would). At a news conference to discuss his Happy 25th Anniversary special for ABC-TV in 1987, Moore discussed the situation.

Journalist: "What was the most serious injury you ever had doing one of these movies?"

Roger Moore:" I fell off my wallet once (laughter). Well, they were all uncomfortable. The most - I couldn`t sit here like I am now, on THE SPY WHO LOVED ME because in one of the scenes, a chair blew up before I got out of it and put a couple of holes where most of us only have one. That was very uncomfortable. I had a month of going and having my dressings changed twice a day by the Sister at the studio. I never saw her! (laughter)"

Back to top Go down

Infrequently Asked Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: