More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Tournament ideas?

Go down 
+5
GeneralGogol
Perilagu Khan
Harmsway
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:42 am

I thought I might post a tourney on here instead of posting an elimination game. Anyone at Barbara Broccoli & Beyond have any original or fun ideas?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Best Bond track?

In the nomination phase, members get to vote for their top 3 tracks from each score (only ones present on currently released albums). The most frequently recurring ones are chosen, and then it moves onto the real tournament.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:14 pm

I'd be interested to see less expected ones, ala, "Best Single Edit in a Bond Film" or "Best Single Shot in a Bond Film."
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Harmsway wrote:
I'd be interested to see less expected ones, ala, "Best Single Edit in a Bond Film" or "Best Single Shot in a Bond Film."

If that were to be done, there'd have to be accompanying screencaps and clips. Otherwise we'd have a lot of confusion.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Sharky wrote:
Harmsway wrote:
If that were to be done, there'd have to be accompanying screencaps and clips. Otherwise we'd have a lot of confusion.
Naturally.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Whatever it is, it shouldn't be too esoteric or so cumbersome that it inhibits participation. Nothing's worse than a tournament in which three people participate. And given that BaB is still a small forum, that is a distinct possibility. In other words, make it simple and make sure it has broad appeal.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:59 pm

^ I agree.

A traditional Favourite Film tournament could be engaging considering the number of film buffs here.

Bond-related, I don't know...a Best Script tournament? Or Best Tits?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
In other words, make it simple and make sure it has broad appeal.

Tournament ideas? Barbara-Broccoli--Michael-006
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
make it simple and make sure it has broad appeal.

So we've decided on Rave. Roast at hers?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:48 pm

Avarice wrote:
Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
make it simple and make sure it has broad appeal.

So we've decided on Rave. Roast at hers?

Rave at Rave's, then on Rave, then in Rave.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:20 am

GeneralGogol wrote:
A traditional Favourite Film tournament could be engaging considering the number of film buffs here.
That would be cool to see. Anyone?

Harmsway wrote:
The 'best shot' one sounds workable. But the sheer number of choices would probably make finding common ground difficult, and I suppose some people wouldn't care to go hunting for shots. The idea's definitely worth keeping in mind for the future, though.

Sharky wrote:
Best Bond track?

In the nomination phase, members get to vote for their top 3 tracks from each score (only ones present on currently released albums). The most frequently recurring ones are chosen, and then it moves onto the real tournament.
Best Bond track is what first sprung to mind for me, so I'll go with it. The tracks are all easy to access and simple to rate against each other.

I'll start a new topic for it. I guess this one can be used for tourney ideas in general.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:52 am

How about best looking Bond-girl in a non-speaking role?

This will require screen shots.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:22 am

Always had a hankering to get a Best Bond Badass Moment tournament going, but never got around to it. Plus, I had a Best Movie Trilogy tournament ready to go for about a year at MI6, something I'd slaved over for ages setting up, and had trustingly only saved it over there. The damn thing was stuck in a "queue" even when there were no other non-Bond tournaments active. :roll:

I'll try and find the time to get one or the other set up here.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:20 am

I wanted to do Best Production Design in a tournament, but I haven't had time to expand on it. If someone else wants develop it, it's fine by me :)
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: s   Tournament ideas? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:35 pm

tiffanywint wrote:

I like.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:13 pm

Feel free to start any tournaments as and when you like, the more activity the better. Any good ideas, just run with them.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:27 am

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
I like.
laugh It would take some work to properly identify 3-4 candidates per film, but just off the top of my head, there's girl with the heaving chest, that Rog displays on the video screen for Q and Vijay.
There's also assorted pool decorations from various films, not to mention Blofeld's Angels of Death. Or did they all get at least one syllable of dialogue? Plenty of decorative Drax girls and OP girls and other and sundry girls that drift by and give Bond the once-over. Most notably the tennis girls from CR.
I've also, always liked the Zorin Party girl that Bob Conley was hanging with. She got some decent screen time.
And I don't think Oona Chaplin had any dialogue, taking Medrano's beer order in QoS, or maybe she did.:scratch:
See, this would take some research. Maybe my next run through the films, I'll make some notes and try and identify as many worthy candidates as possible.

Compiling a list of one or two line candidates might be easier.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:36 am

This is a project worthy of your talents, tiffy.

:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tournament ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tournament ideas?   Tournament ideas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament ideas?
Page 1 of 1