These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Worst Performance By An Actress In A Leading Role

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Barbara Bach (The Spy Who Loved Me)
18%
 18% [ 4 ]
Denise Richards (The World Is Not Enough)
41%
 41% [ 9 ]
Tanya Roberts (A View To A Kill)
23%
 23% [ 5 ]
Talisa Soto (License To Kill)
14%
 14% [ 3 ]
Akiki Wakabayashi (You Only Live Twice)
4%
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actress In A Leading Role   Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:12 am

AMC Hornet wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
[. Everyone knows that they [the Japanese] prefer to be called Chinamen.

Har de har har har, kaf kaf.

As for the bit about 'our new Asian overlords,' maybe that's not a joke...

(And if you know me by now, you'll know that I always add ellipses after deliberately saying something facetious.)

And what happened to your avatar? Mark McKinney, good Canadian boy - put him back up!

No, you're right. That line about the Japanese preferring to be called "Chinamen" was a joke, but that wasn't the one I was referring to (incidentally, one of my employees once referred to a manager as "that Chinaman"; now, the employee meant nothing by it, there was no ill intent, but I had to correct him and tell him that Joe was from Korea, not from China and that he couldn't refer to all people from that area as Chinamen because they could have come from Korea, Japan, Taiwan, etc..and I'm the most politically incorrect person I know)

I *thought* the joke you were referring to was the last line about 'welcoming our new Asian overlords', but you weren't. That's why I asked you to prove it, because I wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing. That line about 'welcoming our new Asian overlords' is a spoof...a rip...a parody of the Kent Brockman television reporter character from THE SIMPSONS, who is always so quick to switch allegiances when he thinks an advancing, invading alien species or foreign government or power is about to start controlling Springfield. It's basically his catchphrase.

Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actress In A Leading Role   Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:32 am

Serves me right for not being a Simpsons fan.

I love Futurama, though - it keeps me up late these days, watching for any episodes I haven't seen.

Then there's The Big Bang Theory; for others following this thread, our exchange of volleys must be like having two Sheldons in the room (it's the same with my own brother - God, I'm glad we don't live in the same city - as I'm sure he is too).

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

And now, back to our regularly-scheduled discussion.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actress In A Leading Role   Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:46 am

Roberts' voice alone almost makes me wish extinction for the human race.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Performance By An Actress In A Leading Role   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: James Bond Fan Area-
Jump to: