More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion

Go down 
2 posters

How do you rate Diamonds Are Forever?
10 (Literary Brilliance)
Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Vote_lcap50%Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Vote_lcap25%Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Vote_lcap25%Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Vote_lcap0%Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Vote_lcap0%Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
5 (Only Good)
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
0 (Waste of Time - No one should be selecting this option)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion   Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:27 am

Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Bond_daf

DIamonds Are Forever (1956)
Bond’s assignment is to infiltrate a diamond smuggling operation, which is running from Africa to America, and identify the gangsters behind it. Once there, he discovers the American gangs are more efficient and ruthless than he had expected.

My favourite novel, for now, as I've only read the first four. I really enjoyed this. The simplicity and realism of the narrative is welcome, with added touches of bizarre elements which help create a world of fantasy. Tiffany Case is a fantastic Bond girl, and I love the ruthless villains in Wint and Kidd. What did that do to them in the film?

Read the novel? What are your thoughts? Post them here!

You can cancel your votes too.

Last edited by FieldsMan on Sat May 15, 2010 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion   Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:01 am

I'm fond of this one. I actually own first editions in both hardback and paperback of it. Shame the hardback is battered to hell with library markings, as a decent condition one would apparently go for more than a grand. The paperback was 50p from a secondhand bookstore bargain rack about 15 years ago. Nice find, as I love the old artwork and it's still in good nick.

Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Daf1 Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Daf2

I gave it a 9. I need to find the time to go back and read the novels again though, must've been about 14/15 last time I read them.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion   Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:16 am

I'd love to get the first edition novels in really good condition. I've got the novels that came with the artwork I'm posting. I quite like them also. They look very retro.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion   Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:36 pm

I just read Death is So Permanent (Second last chapter). One of the best written pieces. I love it. I could easily see Craig performing a scene like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion   Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Diamonds Are Forever Novel Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: James Bond Merchandise-
Jump to: