More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted

Go down 
+10
Santa
Hilly
Perilagu Khan
danslittlefinger
GeneralGogol
Gravity's Silhouette
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Fort Knox
j7wild
Largo's Shark
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:23 pm

Sharky wrote:
Quote :
Some scenes of 007 James Bond's latest movie Skyfall is being shot in Adana and Istanbul in Turkey. Shootings in Adana province have been completed and now it's time for Istanbul. Between April 16th - May 6th a movie platform will be settled in front of the Spice market in Eminonu neighbourhood and artists and stunts will be there.

Just a reminder for those who will be visiting Istanbul during this period: all Eminonu area where the Spice Market and Yeni mosque are, will be close to vehicle and pedestrian traffic for about 3 weeks therefore be prepared for lots of traffic and most probabily for not being able to visit the Spice Market area.

https://www.facebook.com/allaboutturkey1/posts/10150932703987977

Alleged shooting schedule:

Quote :
Istanbul

- Set preparation start : Monday, April 9
- Shooting period: April 16 to May 6
- Filming start : Monday, April 16. They are filming action scenes involving blowing up of vehicles and motorcycle chases which don't require the main actors to be on set. It's 2nd unit work.
- Arrival of the main cast: Monday, April 30. This is in partial disagreement with Tonia Sotiropoulou's previous statement, alleging that her scenes are planned to be filmed throughout five days starting from April 22, considering that her scenes are likely to be with Daniel Craig. It's 1st unit work.

Adana

May 5 to 6: Closure to traffic of the Kasim Gulek bridge, to shoot close-ups of Daniel Craig in the sequence of him jumping off the bridge, I presume. Please, note that in the meantime this date may have been changed.

Fethiye

May 21 to 22.

Thanks for those posts. If it weren't for you I wouldn't know half of what I do know about Skyfall (because I'm too lazy to go look for it).

I hope some of the unused material from TWINE gets put into the Turkey shoot. It had a good chase scene starting on foot through the spice bazaars, through Turkish spas and steam rooms, then went onto the tops of a tram/trolley car, and somehow a moving crane also got mixed in. Haven't read the first and second drafts of TWINE in a long time, so I'm going by memory.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Quote :
Some scenes of 007 James Bond's latest movie Skyfall is being shot in Adana and Istanbul in Turkey. Shootings in Adana province have been completed and now it's time for Istanbul. Between April 16th - May 6th a movie platform will be settled in front of the Spice market in Eminonu neighbourhood and artists and stunts will be there.

Just a reminder for those who will be visiting Istanbul during this period: all Eminonu area where the Spice Market and Yeni mosque are, will be close to vehicle and pedestrian traffic for about 3 weeks therefore be prepared for lots of traffic and most probabily for not being able to visit the Spice Market area.

Quote :
Istanbul

- Filming start : Monday, April 16. They are filming action scenes involving blowing up of vehicles and motorcycle chases which don't require the main actors to be on set. It's 2nd unit work.
- Arrival of the main cast: Monday, April 30. This is in partial disagreement with Tonia Sotiropoulou's previous statement, alleging that her scenes are planned to be filmed throughout five days starting from April 22, considering that her scenes are likely to be with Daniel Craig. It's 1st unit work.

Adana

May 5 to 6: Closure to traffic of the Kasim Gulek bridge, to shoot close-ups of Daniel Craig in the sequence of him jumping off the bridge, I presume. Please, note that in the meantime this date may have been changed.

Fethiye

May 21 to 22.

Thanks for those posts. If it weren't for you I wouldn't know half of what I do know about Skyfall (because I'm too lazy to go look for it).

I hope some of the unused material from TWINE gets put into the Turkey shoot. It had a good chase scene starting on foot through the spice bazaars, through Turkish spas and steam rooms, then went onto the tops of a tram/trolley car, and somehow a moving crane also got mixed in. Haven't read the first and second drafts of TWINE in a long time, so I'm going by memory.

From what I've gathered over at Cb.n,, it appears that they're using rejected ideas from the GOLDENEYE and BOND 17 screenplays. For example, the SKYFALL train setpiece is what was originally intended to happen to Trevelyan's missile train, I believe in the Jeffrey Caine script.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:52 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Quote :

Quote :
Istanbul

Adana

Fethiye

May 21 to 22.

Interesting about the TWINE foot chase. And funny how many seem to think Bond has copied Bourne, when foot/rooftop chases go all the way back to YOLT's rooftop chase, or later, TLD's Tangiers chase.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:12 am

FieldsMan wrote:
And funny how many seem to think Bond has copied Bourne, when foot/rooftop chases go all the way back to YOLT's rooftop chase, or later, TLD's Tangiers chase.
That's because most modern audiences can only remember the last three years of cinema - and even then, that's only when they try to remember. At the risk of having someone post that bloody picture of teens with a poorly-spelt caption, I've seriously had English classes where my students hold up the likes of PROJECT X and AMERICAN REUNION as shining examples of film. Okay, I admit that they have a certain appeal (although if, in the case of PROJECT X, your film mostly consists of people telling each other how awesome their party is, it's generally not that awesome; also, watching other people have fun for two hours is not very entertaining entertainment) ... but what about the likes of THE CONVERSATION or THE THIRD MAN? Have they never seen these films? And if not ... why not!?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Calis Beach, Fethiye reportedly closed.

Quote :
Out for a walk with the dogs this morning we came across some 'building' work down by the Surf Cafe on the large area which was cleared & walled last year.
I guessed what it might be for, but just to check, we spoke to one of the workmen & yes-it is the location headquarters for the crew of the new James Bond film!!
There are a couple of huts & a large frame which was being covered with a canvas-like roof & there are boards going down for the floor, table & chairs etc.
There was even a security guard already on site.
The workmen said that he thought some crew would be here around the middle of the month.
Typical that I didn't have my camera with me, but I am sure we will be nippping down there again soon to see what else is happening!

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46343

Calis Beach:

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Calis%203

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 SNV31484

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Iztuzu_dalyan_mugla2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Calis_beach_fethiye_015

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 4527633109

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 4520130184

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Koca+Calis+View+of+Fethiye

Quote :
James Bond film crew to close part of Istanbul

Scenes for the latest installment of the 007 James Bond series, “Skyfall,” will be filmed in one of Istanbul’s busiest and most crowded neighborhoods, Eminönü, following filming in the southern province of Adana.

Starting April 16, an Eminönü street will be closed to traffic and pedestrians for three weeks. The production company will pay the owners of shops on the street 750 Turkish Liras a day to cover their three-week loss. The owners will open their shops but will not be able to make sales.

Permission for the shooting has been obtained from the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality, Culture and Tourism Ministry, Istanbul Governor’s Office and Fatih Municipality. The film team is expected to arrive in the city on April 30. The shooting will continue until May 6.

For the film, the Mısır Çarşısı (Egyptian Bazaar), Yeni Camii (New Mosque), Old Post Office, Bankacılar Avenue, Sultanhamam, Balat Kiremit Avenue and the Grand Bazaar will be turned into a natural film platform.

The production company has already begun preparations in coordination with the Transportation and Coordination Center (UKOME).

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/james-bond-film-crew-to-close-part-of-istanbul.aspx?pageID=238&nID=17903&NewsCatID=381

Mısır Çarşısı (Egyptian Bazaar):

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Egyptian_bazaar2

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Egyptian_bazaar_atnight

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 3402434592_85b90d27ca_z

Yeni Camii (New Mosque):

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Yeni_Cami_%2528New_Mosque%2529%252C_Istanbul%252C_Turkey

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 6789803423_f5eece3755_z

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 2446077

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 DSC04004_Istanbul_-_Yeni_camii_-_Foto_G._Dall%27Orto_24-5-2006

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 889238060_db79490314_o

Büyük Postane (Great Post Office):

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 B-203742-b%C3%BCy%C3%BCk_postane

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Postane

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 56955

Bankacılar Avenue:

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 49320666

Sultanhamam:

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 4259476

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Istanbul_haseki_mosque_ve_turkbath

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Hureemsultan

Kiremit Avenue:

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Big_19645505848

Grand Bazaar:

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 520_o

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Lanterns_in_the_Grand_Bazaar_01
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 12:57 am

Well, looks like we're going to get our wish of actually seeing Istanbul in the film.

And Sharky, that last photo reminds me of your suggestion for a fight scene in a Chinese lantern shop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted   Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bond 23 locations to include Istanbul, filming permission granted
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next