More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Producing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

Producing Empty
PostSubject: Producing   Producing EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:44 am

Produced a race movie this weekened. Very Grand Pix esque. Did all the race scenes, just need one more scene at a bar to wrap. Friend directed and came up with the story, with the script written and crew filled with our classmates. Great cast. The track we shot on, Race City, it was their last event -- ever -- thanks to the need for a ring road the City voted to demolish the track. I fucking hate eminent domain. Anyways, we got it all recorded, but it wasn't a documentary. I can't really do docs. We designed a narrative that could be shot around the event.

Point being, that for $260 we got a Canon 5D to shoot on, matte box, follow focus, polarizing filter, sound recorder, hypercardiod mic with boom pole, blimp, and windjammer, c-stands, sandbags, clamps, bounceboards, flag/net kit, slate, flexfill, portajib, media, shoulder mount, tripod, Go Pros, car mounts, the track, a racecar, actors, crew, crafts table, transport, umm.... I'm probably forgetting someting. And we shot some damn fine footage!!

I'm very proud of the work, and I found I enjoyed the producer's chair much more than I thought I would (I'm usually the writer/director type).
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Satorious
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Satorious

Producing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Producing   Producing EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:52 pm

Maybe you are actually a producer at heart then?

I'd quite like to see the results anyway. I've been getting into film-making and the film-making community more and more over the past few months. I find producing is great fun in terms of problem fixing, arranging and sourcing things. That is unless the "things" you are sourcing is "actual" money - then it can be damn hard work! The other thing I would say is that directing and producing is best avoided if you value your sanity at in low budget productions. Sure, the two overlap at times - but you have enough problems just doing one of the roles at that level. I made this mistake first time out.

Anyway, I'm about to cut my teeth on my first 5D film (a comedy short) next weekend. It's mostly experimental as I've not done DSLR filming before (but know the principals from a photography angle). Should be fun!
Back to top Go down

Producing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Other Arts, Hobbies, Work & Interests-
Jump to: