More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Return of the Deadly Critters

Go down 
+5
Hilly
j7wild
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
Largo's Shark
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Return of the Deadly Critters Empty
PostSubject: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Would anyone else like to a see a return of villain's pets, and deadly animals in general? Fleming's novels had them, and I think they add a touch of the macabre and weirdness that is so essential to Bond. Also, in this age of animal rights activism, it would be rather refreshing to see Bond slay a beast in self-defense.

Here are some candidates:

Return of the Deadly Critters Giant-squid_544_600x450

"Say cheese."

Giant Squid (Architeuthis dux)

The famed terror from the 18th chapter of Fleming's DR. NO - Killing Ground. Kept in a narrow deep water inlet at the base of a towering cliff, caged off from the open sea by a fence attached to the rock walls. After falling a hundred feet, and "shattering the mirror of the dawn sea like a bomb", Bond is knocked unconscious. He then wakes up and hangs on the fence, crucified, until tentacles rise from the murky depths. After a horrific struggle, his skin cut by the suckers, Bond uses a steel wire he picked up earlier to spear the squid between the eyes. Just in time to kill the animal before 007 reaches its beak.

What I wouldn't pay to see that re-enacted on screen.

How would it be realised on film? Through model work and animatronics, and minimal CG. Hopefully not ending up like this:

----------------------
----------------------

Return of the Deadly Critters Sea-wasp

Sea Wasp / Box Jellyfish (Chironex fleckeri)

The most deadliest jellyfish known to man. A grown adult only needs to have 10 feet of tentacle come into contact with his/her skin, in order to die. Imagine Quantum keeping a pool of them in their underground HQ, with Mr. White, Greg Beam or some other poor sod throw to them.

How would it be realised on film? Same us above, alongside puppetry and insert shots of the real thing.

----------------------
----------------------

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/Vespa_mandarinia.jpg/250px-Vespa_mandarinia.jpg

"You talkin' to me?"

Japanese Giant Hornet (Vespa mandarinia japonica)

Maybe in some twisted irony, the villains plan to kill Bond with a swarm of "Vespas." I'm not sure. All I know is that they sure are scary.

Here's a good article from Cracked on them:

Quote :
It's the size of your thumb and it can spray flesh-melting poison. We really wish we were making that up for, you know, dramatic effect because goddamn, what a terrible thing a three-inch acid-shooting hornet would be, you know? Oh, hey, did we mention it shoots it into your eyes? Or that the poison also has a pheromone cocktail in it that'll call every hornet in the hive to come over and sting you until you are no longer alive?

Think you can outrun it? It can fly 50 miles in a day. It'd be nice to say something reassuring at this point, like "Don't worry, they only live on top of really tall mountains where nobody wants to live," but no, they live all over the goddamned place, including outside Tokyo.

Forty people die like that every year, each of them horribly.

More scary shit:
Here's how the Japanese hornet treats other insects (and would presumably treat us, if we were small enough). An adult hornet will fly miles to find some squishy shit to feed to its children. Often times, it finds its food in, say, a hive inhabited by thousands of bees.

What to do? Well, Vespa japonica sprays the nest with some of the acid/pheromone and brings in reinforcements, usually consisting of 30 or so fellow hornets. They then descend upon the beehive like an unholy plague of hell-born death engines and proceed to make this world a scary goddamned place. This is maybe 30 wasps against 30,000 bees and the 30,000 bees do not stand a chance.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15816_the-5-most-horrifying-bugs-in-world.html#ixzz1XwAjyZqw

How would it be realised on film? God knows, but maybe they could find some real ones with their stings removed, and mandibles disabled. Pipe dream, I know.

Last edited by Sharky on Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Somehow I'd prefer something more violent - someone being ripped apart by a lion or something similar (make it a rare Mongolian mountain cat if needed). Violent and bloody.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:34 pm

Skudor wrote:
Somehow I'd prefer something more violent - someone being ripped apart by a lion or something similar (make it a rare Mongolian mountain cat if needed). Violent and bloody.

I'm not sure they'd allow that, unless they changed the rating. Personally I find a less bloody death much more scary - i.e. the scorpion down the throat in DAF the novel.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:37 pm

They could always use the eyeball-plucking falcon that was discarded from the TWINE first-draft.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:41 pm

How did the bloody Japanese Hornets not make it into Fleming's Garden o' Death? Dam', leave it to the Japanese (or Ozzies) to have monsters like that in their midst. At any rate, if the Garden of Death is ever realized, these buggers need to have a prominent place in it.

PS--I too would love to see Bond's battle with the Kracken as depicted by Fleming in Doctor No. Heck, I'd like to see the entire obstacle course (not to mention Honey's run-in with the migrating spider crabs) faithfully realized.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:37 am

as long as it's no more sharks of any species... please!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 9:44 am

Of course, Fleming's Honey was topless. That's mentertainment...
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:35 pm

The giant squid wouldn't be too bad, if done right but in my mind I'm seeing something out of Mega Shark vs Mega-Octopus or whatever it was.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:47 am

Return of the Deadly Critters 47

The Shark's wishes have been fulfilled.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Those Jap Hornets, FUCK! They need to go for that.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:40 pm

I'd love to see a giant squid because it's positively horrifying to look at...but in all likelihood, it would be CGI and therefore, a trainwreck of a scene.

Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:51 am

They should get Andy Serkis to play the giant squid. However, it would have to go on some emotional journey and have character development and all.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:39 am

Christina Aguilera's clam for Skyfall. It will make for a bloody good film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Deadly Critters   Return of the Deadly Critters Empty

Back to top Go down

Return of the Deadly Critters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Skyfall (2012) :: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion-
Jump to: