These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Bond and Beyond's Room 101

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:51 am

To steal an idea from Old Mi6, here's something fun. I want you to name one pet peeve, and I will add it to a list. Gradually what will form is an catalogue of hate and bile.

You first.

===========================

1. Border controls at airports. Fucking hate them.

Mark Steyn wrote:
Question: what do the 9/11 killers, the Shoebomber, the Heathrow plotters, the Pantybomber, the London Tube bombers, the doctors who drove a flaming SUV through the concourse of Glasgow Airport and the would-be killers of Danish cartoonists all have in common? Answer: they’re Muslim. Sometimes they’re Muslims with box cutters, sometimes they’re Muslims with flaming shoes, sometimes they’re Muslims with liquids and gels, sometimes they’re Muslims with fully loaded underwear. But the Muslim bit is a constant. What we used to call a fact. But America’s leaders cannot state that simple fact, and so the TSA is obliged to pretend that all seven billion inhabitants of this planet represent an equal threat.

I wonder how far out the “security” perimeter will eventually be drawn. Just as the micro-regulatory coerciveness of the pre-9/11 airline cabin has now spread to the airport, so eventually post-9/11 airport “security” will spread way beyond—all because the prevailing political culture cannot tell the truth about what’s happening.

From '99-year-old Granny isn’t the problem: Airport ‘security’ has to pretend all seven billion of us on this planet are an equal threat'
by Mark Steyn January 21, 2010

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/01/21/99-year-old-granny-is-not-the-problem/

2. Buffering porn.

3. The five minute abridged "teaser" versions of Czech Streets.

4. Naggers.

5. I HATE when you're talking to a couple and they're holding hands and one of them that you're talking to gestures with the hand-locked hand and the other person isn't even listening. It seems so rude.

6. Pointless remakes

7. Bonds 2-22

8. Packaging you can't get into.

9. Drivers who don't know how to use lanes.

10. Pretty boys at the gym who just work on pretty muscles and stand in big groups when you are trying to do weights at the gym. (and because summer is coming there has been a massive increase)

11. Parking

12. Bearings questions in my Maths textbook

13. Being unable to find a book/film you really want to read/watch.

14. Football agents.

1) Because they're greedy, overpaid, troublecausing bastards and 2) because they highlight just how empty-headed most footballers are that they can't even make their own decisions about their very own life.
====================

Khan's is left pending, due to inconsistency with past statements.


Last edited by Sharky on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:19 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive


Posts : 3464
Member Since : 2011-03-22
Location : The high plains

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:01 am

Rap is the first thing that sprang to mind. And I'm sure you'll concur, Shark.

:)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:07 am

No, actually, but I might add it for the sake of fairness. Weren't you a fan of old skool 80s Hip Hop though, Khan? Grandmaster Flash, Run DMC, Public Enemy, Favlor Flav etc.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive


Posts : 4996
Member Since : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:09 am

Hate and bile? Include me out.

Border controls at airports. Fucking hate them. As Mark Steyn said:
Quote :

Question: what do the 9/11 killers, the Shoebomber, the Heathrow plotters, the Pantybomber, the London Tube bombers, the doctors who drove a flaming SUV through the concourse of Glasgow Airport and the would-be killers of Danish cartoonists all have in common? Answer: they’re Muslim. Sometimes they’re Muslims with box cutters, sometimes they’re Muslims with flaming shoes, sometimes they’re Muslims with liquids and gels, sometimes they’re Muslims with fully loaded underwear. But the Muslim bit is a constant. What we used to call a fact. But America’s leaders cannot state that simple fact, and so the TSA is obliged to pretend that all seven billion inhabitants of this planet represent an equal threat.

I wonder how far out the “security” perimeter will eventually be drawn. Just as the micro-regulatory coerciveness of the pre-9/11 airline cabin has now spread to the airport, so eventually post-9/11 airport “security” will spread way beyond—all because the prevailing political culture cannot tell the truth about what’s happening.

From '99-year-old Granny isn’t the problem: Airport ‘security’ has to pretend all seven billion of us on this planet are an equal threat'
by Mark Steyn January 21, 2010

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/01/21/99-year-old-granny-is-not-the-problem/
Back to top Go down
Control
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5137
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Slumber, Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:24 am

Buffering porn videos.

Fucking hate when it happens.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive


Posts : 4996
Member Since : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:34 am

To which I'd have to add the five minute versions of Czech Streets. Teasers indeed.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive


Posts : 4996
Member Since : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:46 am

It's not the first five minutes I object to, Shark - Mr Street's seductive techniques are a masterclass. (Keep producing more banknotes until they say yes.)

It's the five-minute abridged versions that currently occupy 99.9% of internet bandwidth that I object to.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:50 am

Yes, sorry. I misread your post. I know what you mean - most of those sites (i.e. youporn, spankwire, xtube etc.) are filled with either 3 minute clips or those teasers you mention. One has to hunt very hard to find full versions, but they're still there. Usually taken down after a few months, in breach of copyright.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3854
Member Since : 2011-04-16
Location : Inside my safe space

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:57 am

Sharky wrote:
I want you to name one pet peeve

Naggers.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 201
Member Since : 2011-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:29 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Rap is the first thing that sprang to mind. And I'm sure you'll concur, Shark.

:)

I used to have a taste aversion to rap but I must say it has grown on me. I love all types of music besides what today is basically "country-pop" (give me some Johnny Cash though and I'll be good forever). Like it or not, people like Kanye West understand modern music production unlike a lot of musicians. I love some Jay-z and some Run DMC.

Pet-peeves though! Man, this one is really specific. I HATE when you're talking to a couple and they're holding hands and one of them that you're talking to gestures with the hand-locked hand and the other person isn't even listening. It seems so rude.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive


Posts : 4996
Member Since : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:31 am

Even worse with Siamese twins. Ask Sharky to tell you about his somewhat strange threesome sometime.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 1162
Member Since : 2011-09-08
Location : Up in the Dutch mountains

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:21 am

Remake movies that actually add nothing new and look generally shyte when compared to the original movie.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive


Posts : 4996
Member Since : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:39 am

Ah. Bonds 2-22.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:42 am

Hmm... this is turning into "you say jump, Shark says how high?"
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 201
Member Since : 2011-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:09 am

Sharky wrote:
Hmm... this is turning into "you say jump, Shark says how high?"

Hasn't it always been that way? ;)
Back to top Go down
Santa
Senior Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 649
Member Since : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:16 am

Packaging you can't get into.
Drivers who don't know how to use lanes.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Senior Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 781
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:02 am

^Yes.

Pretty boys at the gym who just work on pretty muscles and stand in big groups when you are trying to do weights at the gym. (and because summer is coming there has been a massive increase)

Parking

Bearings questions in my Maths textbook

Being unable to find a book/film you really want to read/watch.
Back to top Go down
M
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 536
Member Since : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 am

Football agents.

1) Because they're greedy, overpaid, troublecausing bastards and 2) because they highlight just how empty-headed most footballers are that they can't even make their own decisions about their very own life.
Back to top Go down
http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2088
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Hate and bile? Include me out.

Border controls at airports. Fucking hate them. As Mark Steyn said:
Quote :

Question: what do the 9/11 killers, the Shoebomber, the Heathrow plotters, the Pantybomber, the London Tube bombers, the doctors who drove a flaming SUV through the concourse of Glasgow Airport and the would-be killers of Danish cartoonists all have in common? Answer: they’re Muslim. Sometimes they’re Muslims with box cutters, sometimes they’re Muslims with flaming shoes, sometimes they’re Muslims with liquids and gels, sometimes they’re Muslims with fully loaded underwear. But the Muslim bit is a constant. What we used to call a fact. But America’s leaders cannot state that simple fact, and so the TSA is obliged to pretend that all seven billion inhabitants of this planet represent an equal threat.

I wonder how far out the “security” perimeter will eventually be drawn. Just as the micro-regulatory coerciveness of the pre-9/11 airline cabin has now spread to the airport, so eventually post-9/11 airport “security” will spread way beyond—all because the prevailing political culture cannot tell the truth about what’s happening.

From '99-year-old Granny isn’t the problem: Airport ‘security’ has to pretend all seven billion of us on this planet are an equal threat'
by Mark Steyn January 21, 2010

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/01/21/99-year-old-granny-is-not-the-problem/

All post 9/11 airport security is one big farce anyway. It's a piece of performance art aimed at giving people a false sense of security. The next such attack is likely to be committed on a "soft" target like a train or bus. None of us are safer because we can't bring a bottle of water into our carry-on bag any longer. The real measures to prevent another 9/11 (like closed off cockpits and air marshalls) were taken in the immediate aftermath of the attacks.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive


Posts : 4996
Member Since : 2011-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Salomé wrote:
All post 9/11 airport security is one big farce anyway. It's a piece of performance art aimed at giving people a false sense of security.

I see it more as an attempt by big government to intimidate the people. It's very interesting looking at their humiliated expressions as they're obliged to remove their jackets, belts and shoes while armed guards with dogs look on. It all reminds me of something.

Arbeit macht frei...
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:03 am

Any more bugbears?
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 1579
Member Since : 2011-09-20
Location : Nottingahm, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:28 am

On October 31st the 7 billionth human being is anticipated will be born, ...... so err how about children to room 101, lets face it they only spend a tiny amount of time actually being 'cute', they consume time, money and resources and in return......nothing, well nothing conscentually only whatever ego/satisfaction a person might gets from adding into that already massive over-population?
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2039
Member Since : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:26 am

my biggest pet peeve:

when I go somewhere and buy something and they don't say Hi, or Did You Find Every okay and then say thank you when you hand them your money in cash or on a credit card/debit card

whether it's a waiter/waitress at a restaurantr or a cashier at a grocery store or an attendant at a gas station

sometime I'd even say thank you when they give me my change just to see if they will reciprocate or say you are welcome and I can tell you, 95% of the time they don't
Back to top Go down
Control
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5137
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Slumber, Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:13 am

I hate it when the waitress doesn't ask me to meet her in the bathroom for a quickie.

Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3673
Member Since : 2011-03-14
Location : 'Straya

PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:37 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
I hate it when the waitress doesn't ask me to meet her in the bathroom for a quickie.


I usually give them a tip.

Oh, and some change for prompt service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bond and Beyond's Room 101   

Back to top Go down
 
Bond and Beyond's Room 101
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: