These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Doctor Sleep

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Control
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Doctor Sleep   Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:52 am

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44700392

Quote :
If the sound of a rolling Big Wheel makes you shudder, you get a little weirded out by identical twin girls, hate mazes made of shrubbery and get a little freaked out in hotels in the winter, blame Stephen King and "The Shining."

The 1980 film, based on the 1977 King novel, is pretty much universally acclaimed as one of the scariest movies of all time. And now King has revealed that he's working on a sequel, "Doctor Sleep," about a grown-up Danny Torrance. He read a 10-minute excerpt from it at George Mason University last week, and a viewer captured the reading on video.
You'll remember Danny as the young clairvoyant son of doomed writer and temporary hotel caretaker Jack and his wife, Wendy. In the new novel, he's a hospice worker, but not just any hospice worker. His special powers have grown up along with him, and now he uses them to help suffering patients die without pain. And apparently, there are vampires. This is King, after all.
Story: Piranha, mad surgeons and more offer movie scares
King reportedly is almost done with the book, though no planned publication date was announced. But you just know that before the book has had a chance to cool down from the printing press, the movie will be on the way. It's such a part of our culture — "The Simpsons" famed parody, "The Shinning," is just one classic tribute.
We'd like to suggest one of the hunks from "Supernatural," that'd be Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, be considered for the role of grown-up Danny. They're used to fighting off things that go bump in the night, and they're not hard on the eyes, either.

I wonder what hack will make the film. My vote goes to Brett Ratner.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Sleep   Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:13 am

Eh, King hasn't been at his best for quite a while now. And, when you get down to it, THE SHINING wasn't all that good to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Sleep   Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:25 am

One of the many times where a film's improved on its source. Even then, THE SHINING runs on atmospherics alone. That's pretty much down to Kubrick and music editor, Gordon Stainforth.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Sleep   Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:06 am

I find the TV version of The Shining better than Kubrick's theatrical version

j7wild **runs out of the forum**
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Location : I don't know what things will be like in 3 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Sleep   Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:25 pm

j7wild wrote:
I find the TV version of The Shining better than Kubrick's theatrical version

j7wild **runs out of the forum**

Blasphemy....next time you're in a lonely corridor, two little girls are going to appear...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Sleep   

Back to top Go down

Doctor Sleep
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: