These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Control
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:06 am

Overall, I like what I've seen of him. ALL GOOD THINGS held a nice performance by him. Can't remember if Kirsten Dunst shows her tits in it or not. BLUE VALENTINE was a part chick-flick, part hipster flick, and part Cassavetes rip-off. He did well, though, especially playing a balding, ordinary, adult male. HALF NELSON is probably my favorite film that stars him.

I'd like to see DRIVE and IDES OF MARCH soon. I refuse to see shit like CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE, however.

Certainly a step above "actors" like Chris Pine, Andrew Garfield, and that guy from TWYLITEZ.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:28 am

He's a decent actor, and good leading girl.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:30 am

He's good in "Lars and the real girl".

It's amazing that such an absurd premise still managed to produce a watchable movie.

To give you an idea of just how absurd, copied from Wiki:

Quote :
Lars Lindstrom lives in the converted garage behind the house he and his brother Gus inherited from their father. His pregnant sister-in-law Karin's persistent attempts to lure him into the house for a family meal are usually rebuffed, and on the rare occasions he accepts, their conversation is stilted and he seems eager to leave as soon as he can. The young man finds it difficult to interact with or relate to his family, co-workers, or fellow parishioners in the church he regularly attends. Margo, Lars's co-worker, is clearly interested in him, but Lars runs silently from her at every chance he gets.

One day Lars happily announces to Gus and Karin he has a visitor he met via the Internet, a wheelchair-bound missionary of Brazilian and Danish descent named Bianca. The two are startled to discover Bianca is, in fact, a lifelike doll Lars ordered from an adult website. Concerned about his mental health, they convince Lars to take Bianca to Dagmar, the family doctor who is also a psychologist. Dagmar diagnoses Bianca with low blood pressure and advises Lars he needs to bring her in for weekly treatments, during which she will attempt to analyze him and get to the root of his behavior. She explains to Gus and Karin that this is a delusion of his own creation and for his own reason and purpose, and she urges them to assist with Lars's therapy by treating Bianca as if she were a real woman. She treats him for delusional disorder.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:35 am

Criticize Michael Bay all you like, but I'd like to see what he could do with that synopsis. Maybe we ought to have a go at rewriting it a la Bay.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 am

Bay's bleeding terrible at drama. Just watch PEARL HARBOR.

Should be a laff.

Thanks for the homework assignment, Ms. Ambler.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:09 am

He's a good leading man. Better than most of the pretty boys running around Hollywood these days.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:26 am

Never seen a movie of his since Remember the Titans. He seems to have been around for a while. And he banged Rachel McAdams, so more power to him.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:08 pm

He's a good actor. Not everyone is Lee Marvin.
Back to top Go down
Klown
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:15 pm

GeneralGogol wrote:
And he banged Rachel McAdams, so more power to him.
laugh by that criterion, Ryan Reynolds is amazing. That said, Gosling is more than just good looks, and he should be an Oscar front-runner this year, not that Oscars matter anymore....
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:39 am

Ryan Gosling remember a litle bit to Daniel Craig when i saw the promotional Driven poster with him in a Cow Boys & Aliens style http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3840195584/tt0780504 and some footage from his last movie. If he be 5 years older (1975) and Canada English (Like Roger Spottiswoode directer of TMND) mabey he can have been James Bond number 7. But he is from 1980 and a American who be born in Canada. In 2018 he turn 38 (If have been from 1975 he be 42 in 2018 sam age Brosnan started in Goldeneye.)

I think he can be the new Ryan Ranolds in the meaning of populair (since Ranolds playing with Sandra Bulock it look like he get more work and a funny thing be this Ryan Gosling dated Sandra Bulock in the past.) or Daniel Craig if that is what you mean Brown.

Back to top Go down
trevanian
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Gosling blew me away in THE BELIEVER, and I think he has the goods, just haven't seen him in anything since that really worked so well. But DRIVE tomorrow, we'll see ...
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:26 pm

at least he is better than those 2 talentless hacks from the Twilight films: Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson

explain to me what is it about them that girls find attractive?

they look fugly!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?   

Back to top Go down

Ryan Gosling: A new leading man or another effeminate hack?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: