More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Official political correctness thread

Go down 
+19
colly
HJackson
Makeshift Python
CJB
Tubes
Seve
Harmsway
6of1
saint mark
Prince Kamal Khan
GeneralGogol
Salomé
Perilagu Khan
tiffanywint
Santa
Largo's Shark
Control
Loomis
Gravity's Silhouette
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

Official political correctness thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:49 am

Seve wrote:

my Baptist friend says getting to heaven is not about living a good life, only with believing that Jesus is the son of God
which fits in with my earlier comment about the Catholic "get out of jail free card" of death bed repentance
Out of respect for your Baptist friend and his sincere beliefs, I leave him to his beliefs, however regarding the death bed repentence; this is a quaint little notion, but it really isn't that interesting, or relevant to Catholic/Christian faith in any profound way. If one allows that the Christian God is all-knowing, all loving and the arbiter of perfect divine justice, there is simply no way for any human to scheme their way into heaven. God knows what's in our hearts. The divine justice is by definition perfect.
Seve wrote:
have a theory that the Hindu religion was originally multi God, but reinvented itself, in the face of the rise of Buddhism, reinterpreting the multiple Gods as avatars instead, in the equivalent of a "reformation"
Some say that the Hindu pantheon is actually an expression of monotheism, in that the various Gods are all simply different visages of one ominipotent God.Some say otherwise though, and Hindus of course are divided into their own little factions.

Seve wrote:
the older I get the more I realise that mankind is unlikely to ever discover the answer during my lifetime
every answer leads to further questions
I don't think the answer is there to discover as a breakthrough in science or advanced human knowledge or something along those lines.The transcendant realm is beyond our comprehension. Human reason cannot approach something that is beyond its bounds. Divine revelation though is an exercise of faith or an exercise of the spirit. It's a constant, as accessible to the cavemen, as it is to us now, or to future generations colonizing galaxies far far away.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:01 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Seve wrote:

my Baptist friend says getting to heaven is not about living a good life, only with believing that Jesus is the son of God
which fits in with my earlier comment about the Catholic "get out of jail free card" of death bed repentance
Out of respect for your Baptist friend and his sincere beliefs, I leave him to his beliefs, however regarding the death bed repentance; this is a quaint little notion, but it really isn't that interesting, or relevant to Catholic/Christian faith in any profound way. If one allows that the Christian God is all-knowing, all loving and the arbiter of perfect divine justice, there is simply no way for any human to scheme their way into heaven. God knows what's in our hearts. The divine justice is by definition perfect.
when faced with imminent death and a belief in damnation anyone will probably repent sincerely with all their heart, but to me that should get them off scot free
God, of course, will do as he sees fit

tiffanywint wrote:
Seve wrote:
the older I get the more I realise that mankind is unlikely to ever discover the answer during my lifetime
every answer leads to further questions
I don't think the answer is there to discover as a breakthrough in science or advanced human knowledge or something along those lines. The transcendent realm is beyond our comprehension. Human reason cannot approach something that is beyond its bounds. Divine revelation though is an exercise of faith or an exercise of the spirit. It's a constant, as accessible to the cavemen, as it is to us now, or to future generations colonizing galaxies far far away.

"discovered", "comprehended", "understood" use whichever word you like, I think you get my drift

belief in an individual human "spirit" is the only thing all humans seem to have in common, it's a belief even more widespread than belief in God

faith is a powerful thing, but it is not the same as truth
you may have faith that someone loves you and live your life accordingly, but find out later that they were loving someone else behind your back
you may have faith in a sports team but they won't always win
many had faith that the world was flat but is wasn't
many have believed theirs was the one true religion which would come to rule the World, but all have fallen short

as Paul Simon said
"Faith? My Faith is an island in the setting sun,"
"But Proof, yeah, Proof is the bottom line for everyone"
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:28 am

I have no faith in any of the sports teams I follow. They are all losers even when they are supposed to be winners. This may change some day though.

Religious faith though is achieved through spiritual exercises, either through ritual or just simple prayer. But one has to make the effort. I would say all faith journeys or faith formation starts with a genuine search for the divine. Seek and ye shall find.

Quote :
many have believed theirs was the one true religion which would come to rule the World, but all have fallen short
but you can rule the world if you have a big enough army. Christianity is about the saving of one's soul.

Actually the Rolling Stones wrote a rather religious song in 1997, Saint of Me. It's a moving lament. Jagger energetically references the the conversion of some of the great saints, who experienced radical life changes, most notably Paul "the perscutor, a cruel and sinful man" and Augustine,"who knew all the special pleasures of doing something wrong" He celebrates their conversions but then laments his own lot, as he belts out the chorus, "You'll never make a saint of me", with an air of both defiance and resignation. He gets downright maudlin, later, " I do believe in miracles, I want to save my soul, and I know that I'm a sinner" He even hears angels crying. Quite the dilemma he's got. Smart little song though, right up there with his other great religious opus, Sympathy for the Devil.

Personally I don't think he's a whole lot worse than most of us. He's right. He's no saint, but who is and who even wants to be? The fact that he even ponders such questions though, suggests he's quite salvageable IMHO.On the other hand, poor Keith said last year, that he was sure he was going to Hell, but I think there is hope for him too. They should at least get credit for making good rock n roll, including at least two religious songs, even if the rest of their output was about, girls and drugs. Maybe for their penance they can learn to play the harp and compose hyms in the afterlife.

But if they don't pull it together and do one last tour, for the greater good of mankind of course, then a harsher judgment might be warranted.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Seve wrote:

I find it significant that pretty much every culture on earth has independently developed their own religion with a god or gods
with most believing that theirs is the only true religion and all others are worthless

You bring up a very, very interesting point. I don't find it a coincidence that billions of people, spread about the entire planet, over the course of thousands of years, without any ability to contact one another or know of each other's existence or beliefs or customs, etc....have all recognized the need for, and developed, a relationship to/with God. How does that happen? How does the concept of a God somehow manage to survive the millenniums, through thousands of different races, cultures, ethnicities? If religion were just a fad, wouldn't it have died off by now like so many other trends?

I simply don't think that believing in God and having a religious construct is a sign of man's weakness; rather, I believe it is part of our genetic design. Mankind was created to ponder his own existence and his/her relationship to a higher power and being. We weren't meant to be the highest authority in the universe. That's one way we are separated from animals: the ability to be self-aware and enter into a relationship with our Creator. Furthermore, if we are truly all alone in this universe...if this giant blue marble that we all live on...that rotates around the sun...is truly it...if there is no more to life and there is no one else out there and mankind is the highest, smartest, most intelligent form of life in existence...then it's kind of depressing and sad.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:25 am

I thought I'd start a list of the celebrity busy-bodies protesting the perfectly enviro-reasonable Alberta oil-sands pipeline to the USA. They probably don't like the fact it creates lots of jobs, supplies a vital resource, helps both the USA and Canadian economies but worst of all it goes to Texas. But that's where the refineries are.

Along with the usual suspects, Penn, Damon, Sarandon andRobbins we can add Robert Redford and Morgan Freeman.

On a related topic, Miss Sweetness herself, Rachel MacAdam, has joined Alec Baldwin et al in the Occupy (insert your favourite city here).....................In this case, its been revealed she joined our little, Occupy Toronto March, wearing a hoodie no less, so as not to be recognized, but somehow she managed to be recognized. Imagine. And she tried so hard to not draw attention to herself.

Anyway, I would like to protest the little band of 100 or so Marxists that have occupied our downtown St James Park. I am quite familiar with this park. I used to work in the neighborhood, and would take lunch there, where I would happilyfeed the local pigeons and squirrels, who called the park their home. Now, the pigeons I figure, can weather the invasion. Their territory is a little broader. They can perch and might even welcome a fresh source of food scraps. (unless of course the occupiers get hungry and start catching and cooking the birds). However I am concerned about the squirrels. Squirrels at this time of year are very busy mapping out ther patches of territory and burying food for the long winter ahead. They spend much time darting about on the ground, busily doing their work, but now with the tent invasion, their grass is suddenly covered, along with the food they have buried. And where are they supposed to bury fresh supplies? Each squirrel only has so much territory to work with. Do the back to nature loving protestors occupiers even care. Do they give a damn about the local wildlife? Also do they care about the dog-owners that use the park. There's even a section of the park where the dogs run free, but apparently the dogs don't want to run now because they are spooked by the settlement that has infringed on their space.

I hope the squirrels might team up with the pigeons and launch an assualt, both air and ground, and take back their park from the slothful human invaders, even if the humans that are supposed to be enforcing city by-laws are trying to wait out the invaders. I think it will be a long wait though, because the campsite, which is what its become, will devolve into a homeless camp, with righteous activists, spending a night or two, here and there in "solidarity"

There is only one conclusion. Leftist loons hate animals, both domestic and wild.

I think its time to bring in the army and remove the occupiers. Give a poor squirrel a break!
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:58 pm

tiffanywint wrote:

Actually the Rolling Stones wrote a rather religious song in 1997, Saint of Me. It's a moving lament. Jagger energetically references the the conversion of some of the great saints, who experienced radical life changes... Smart little song though, right up there with his other great religious opus, Sympathy for the Devil.

probably my favourite post "Tattoo You" Stones song
8)
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 4:03 am

tiffanywint wrote:

Rachel MacAdam, has joined Alec Baldwin et al in the Occupy (insert your favourite city here).....................In this case, its been revealed she joined our little, Occupy Toronto March, wearing a hoodie no less, so as not to be recognized, but somehow she managed to be recognized. Imagine. And she tried so hard to not draw attention to herself.
Anyway, I would like to protest the little band of 100 or so Marxists that have occupied our downtown St James Park. I am quite familiar with this park. I used to work in the neighborhood, and would take lunch there, where I would happilyfeed the local pigeons and squirrels, who called the park their home. Now, the pigeons I figure, can weather the invasion. Their territory is a little broader. They can perch and might even welcome a fresh source of food scraps. (unless of course the occupiers get hungry and start catching and cooking the birds). However I am concerned about the squirrels. Squirrels at this time of year are very busy mapping out ther patches of territory and burying food for the long winter ahead. They spend much time darting about on the ground, busily doing their work, but now with the tent invasion, their grass is suddenly covered, along with the food they have buried. And where are they supposed to bury fresh supplies? Each squirrel only has so much territory to work with. Do the back to nature loving protestors occupiers even care. Do they give a damn about the local wildlife? Also do they care about the dog-owners that use the park. There's even a section of the park where the dogs run free, but apparently the dogs don't want to run now because they are spooked by the settlement that has infringed on their space.
I hope the squirrels might team up with the pigeons and launch an assualt, both air and ground, and take back their park from the slothful human invaders, even if the humans that are supposed to be enforcing city by-laws are trying to wait out the invaders. I think it will be a long wait though, because the campsite, which is what its become, will devolve into a homeless camp, with righteous activists, spending a night or two, here and there in "solidarity"
I think its time to bring in the army and remove the occupiers. Give a poor squirrel a break!

copy cat protesters have occupied Auckland's town square too, hoping to take advantage of the publicity surrounding the rugby World Cup
all very low key, the pigeons and seagulls will be loving it and we have no squirrells, but they are killing the grass
yesterday I think the council re routed the victory parade to avoid finishing in the town square because of them
however we have a general election next month too, so they probably won't get moved on till near Xmas...
:lol!:
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:43 pm

tiffanywint wrote:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s09e02-die-hippie-die

"Hello ma'am. I'm working to clean up the neighborhood from parasites. Do you mind if I take a look around your house? I'm afraid that you may have hippies. Mrs.Nelson next door had seven in her basement. They usually live in colonies."

Official political correctness thread - Page 4 Sp902_die_hippy_die

This has been on my Top 25 list of Best South Park episodes. Manages to perfectly sum up hippies and make fun of 2003 movie THE CORE all at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:24 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Furthermore, if we are truly all alone in this universe...if this giant blue marble that we all live on...that rotates around the sun...is truly it...if there is no more to life and there is no one else out there and mankind is the highest, smartest, most intelligent form of life in existence...then it's kind of depressing and sad.

really?
(you big cynic you)

there's a higher power?
there's no higher power but other planets that may have life?
there's a higher power AND other planets that may have life?
we are alone but alive?

anyway you slice it I think it's wonderful
(unless the other planets are populated by technologically superior Mogol hordes, then it's kind of scary...)
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:55 am

That SouthPark stuff is real funny.Those guys are comic geniuses. Team America was a hoot.

I may yet head down to St. James Park with my own Squirrels-Rights sign.

"Indigenous squirrels against the smelly human occupation"

"Who will feed the squirrels?"

"Squirrels are people too!"

"Squirrels for tree-nuts. No to human-nuts!

"Squirrels against the occupation!

"The occupiers stole our land."

Seve wrote:
[however we have a general election next month too, so they probably won't get moved on till near Xmas...
But polticians with balls, often get elected. Stand-up against the brain-dead occupiers and you could rally the muzzled majority. The loony-left make a lot of noise, but a good no b.s. common-sense poltician beats them everytime.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:46 am

tiffanywint wrote:

Seve wrote:
[however we have a general election next month too, so they probably won't get moved on till near Xmas...
But polticians with balls, often get elected. Stand-up against the brain-dead occupiers and you could rally the muzzled majority. The loony-left make a lot of noise, but a good no b.s. common-sense poltician beats them everytime.

the current PM already has a 25+ point lead in the polls and the reflected glory of a home Rugby World Cup win so he doesn't need it
:king:
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:06 am

Seve wrote:

the current PM already has a 25+ point lead in the polls and the reflected glory of a home Rugby World Cup win so he doesn't need it
:king:
Well yep, any poltician with a 25 point lead is not going to rock the boat, by having an opinion on anything that he doesn't have to. Politicians are such weasals. There is just no way around it. Finding one that talks straight talk, all the time, or even sometimes,is real tough. The irony IMO is that polticians with balls, often are that rare breed that make a name for themselves, and win, but most are too chicken to take the risk. Plus they are surrounded by weasal advisors, who spend their time calculating how to win, never mind what policy might be best for society. But these strategist weasals often overthink and calculate to the point that their boy loses anyway, but its never their fault of course.

Congrats to the All Blacks. I know this was a big deal, because my brother-in-law is native New Zealand. He got up at 4 AM to watch the match.

===new topic. Until recently I didn't realize how many weasel non-apologies emanate from celebrities or newsmakers who feel pressure to make apologies. In fact an actual apology is very rare.

It was an article in the Canadian Catholic Register which tipped me to this phenomenon. Fr. Ray De Souza was commenting on our bombastic CBC hockey commentator, Don (Grapes) Cherry, who pontificates from his hockey pulpit Saturday nights between periods, on Hockey Night in Canada. Cherry issued what DeSouza considered to be an actual :shock: apology for some disparaging comments that he made regarding some retired tough-guy players. DeSouza writes:

"Most public apologies today resort to the conditional tense. If anyone was offended by what I said, then I am sorry that they were offended. Such weasel words do not concede that there was anything wrong with what was said at all, just an unfortunate reaction by some people. The if-then apology could be delivered after any statement at all: If anyone was offended by my anodyne salutation, then I am sorry.
Grapes did not do that, and for that alone the whole episode concluded with some educational value. That is how an apology is made: “I did it. It was wrong to do it. I am sorry.” "

http://www.catholicregister.org/columns/item/13155-standing-up-for-don-cherry-a-good-ol’-kingston-boy

I stumbled across just one fresh public "apology" today (from Lindsay Lohan's dad) and sure enough he used the conditional tense.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 am

:( I really, really, really do live in a country that is full of pussies. We've raised our future generations to be politically correct, hyper-sensitive, perpetually "offended" pussies. I live in a country where people are brought up to believe they have a "right" not to be offended at something :roll:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/110111-tcu-calls-graham-cracker-signs-offensive
http://www.tcu360.com/opinions/2011/11/13893.cracker-stories-do-not-teach-importance-words

Graham McMillan, a candidate for Student Government Association’s Vice President of External Affairs, recently came under fire for his campaign signs, which read “Graham ‘Cracker’ McMillan for SGA VP External.” A student advisor took issue with the nickname, however, and asked McMillan to cover the word “Cracker” on the sign because of its “negative racial connotations.” .........................

With McMillan’s signage controversy, what was revealed to us, unfortunately, were the difficulties and reluctance of our community to engage in an honest conversation about race.

You can't have an "honest conversation about race" when you're too busy being worried that a guy likes to call himself Graham "Cracker" McMillian!!!!!! Most people who claim to want to have "an honest discussion about race" are too afraid to have a real discussion about race for fear of what the facts may reveal, so they hide behind ridiculous complaints such as this.

This country really is going down the crapper each and every day, and the pace with which is swirls around the toilet bowl is increasingly speeding up.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:18 am

Mustn't be beastly to the Germans...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2059193/London-2012-Olympics-poster-HMS-Belfast-airbrushed-days-Remembrance-Sunday.html
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:43 am

No, Germans hardly give a toss. Why ever? They've lost two wars already. If they lose another the world belongs to them. It's just the usual fuck-up, not so surprising.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:04 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Mustn't be beastly to the Germans...

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2059193/London-2012-Olympics-poster-HMS-Belfast-airbrushed-days-Remembrance-Sunday.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2059193/London-2012-Olympics-poster-HMS-Belfast-airbrushed-days-Remembrance-Sunday.html [/quote[/url]]

Good find Ambler. The pc crowd does not like war. They'd rather pretend it never happens, and are vigilantly on the lookout for anything that might glorify it. Groan.

From the Daily Mail:
"Sir James Eberle, a former Supreme Commander of Nato and Commander-in-chief of the British fleet who served on HMS Belfast, said: ‘This shows complete contempt for veterans, especially just days from Remembrance Sunday.
‘It is part of a worrying trend of trying to completely remove wars and fighting from our history.’
Fred Wooding, of the HMS Belfast Association, who also served on the ship, said the apparent removal of the ship was an ‘insult to the people who served their country’.
He added: ‘Without HMS Belfast there wouldn’t be an Olympic Games in London. They would be in Berlin. Coming just days before Remembrance Sunday, it is particularly dreadful.’"

You know, I'd support the Occupy protests, if the leftist nuts would agree to simply stay in their little tent communities and not ever come out and bother the rest of us.. We could build a big fence around the compounds, toss them food; set them up with some plumbing. It would be a bit of upkeep, but think of the suddenly saner world we'd get to live in, with all the pc loons quarantined in their own little urban asylums.🤡
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:24 am

You can't have an "honest conversation about race" when you're too busy being worried that a guy likes to call himself Graham "Cracker" McMillian!!!!!! Most people who claim to want to have "an honest discussion about race" are too afraid to have a real discussion about race for fear of what the facts may reveal, so they hide behind ridiculous complaints such as this.
Very true, but as authors such as Mark Steyn and David Mamet have observed;much of this lunacy is driven by a need to feel morally superior to the rest of us. It's what floats their boat. They sleep easier at night, knowing they have struck another blow for "equality".And they are ever, on the lookout for new and fresh transgressions. I think their Planet-Pluto overlords must have given them a quota to fill, or there's an incentive-plan in place. Otherwise how to explain the lunancy.?:joker: :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:16 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Very true, but as authors such as Mark Steyn and David Mamet have observed;much of this lunacy is driven by a need to feel morally superior to the rest of us. It's what floats their boat. They sleep easier at night, knowing they have struck another blow for "equality".And they are ever, on the lookout for new and fresh transgressions. I think their Planet-Pluto overlords must have given them a quota to fill, or there's an incentive-plan in place. Otherwise how to explain the lunancy.?:joker: :scratch:

Seems to work quite well from here, your ilk evidently feels morally inferior. And enjoying every second I bet. :D
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:07 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Very true, but as authors such as Mark Steyn and David Mamet have observed;much of this lunacy is driven by a need to feel morally superior to the rest of us.... Otherwise how to explain the lunacy.

It may have been Ann Coulter who referred to liberalism as a "mental illness". Whomever it was, I used to disagree with them, but now I've really started to believe it. The Occupy protesters are perfect examples of it. It's like they are literally begging for their government to take more control over their lives because they think that abandoning their freedom of choice to a nameless, faceless, fat-cat bureaucrat thousands of miles away is somehow going to lead to increased happiness. It's bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:01 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Very true, but as authors such as Mark Steyn and David Mamet have observed;much of this lunacy is driven by a need to feel morally superior to the rest of us.... Otherwise how to explain the lunacy.

It may have been Ann Coulter who referred to liberalism as a "mental illness". Whomever it was, I used to disagree with them, but now I've really started to believe it. The Occupy protesters are perfect examples of it. It's like they are literally begging for their government to take more control over their lives because they think that abandoning their freedom of choice to a nameless, faceless, fat-cat bureaucrat thousands of miles away is somehow going to lead to increased happiness. It's bizarre.

It was banned in Britain radio talk show host Michael Savage who penned the phrase and wrote the book "Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder".

Anyway, the OWS are just following the rules of Communist Goals that were put in the Congressional Record back in 1963:

http://www.uhuh.com/nwo/communism/comgoals.htm

Look at Goal 32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.

Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:14 pm

tiffanywint wrote:

It is quite bizarre. liberalism could be viewed as a form of mental illness, in some cases. In others I think it reflects more of an naive idealism; this notion that because there is injustice in the world, that somehow there is a poltical system that might make everyone equal, and that one must strive to build that system. The system is of course utopian. It doesn't exist. And any attempt to find it always leads to totalitarianism and oppression. But the lesson is always lost on the liberal. They persist with their efforts because one of these days they will get it "right." And naturally such efforts require massive government expansion into all aspects of life, and a strict adherence to group-think and correct-thought. Its unbelievable how much of this marxist crap is taught in our universities. Our schools are full of kids who think Marxism, if only it was done right, is the utopian society. The conservative, on the other hand understands that the most equal and prosperous society is achieved through limited government, individual rights and freedoms (what classic liberalism used to mean) and a vibrant market-economy.

Mamet's book, the Secret Knowledge is worth reading. Hes' been on both sides of the fence. As a self declared reformed Hollywood-liberal, who stopped drinking the koolaid, he knows what ails the liberal mind.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:55 pm

The origins of liberal fascism are neither as innocent nor as benign as you suggest, Tiff. After all, this has gone far beyond utopian or wishful thinking: giant schemes of social engineering and wealth redistribution are underway and, given the vast sums required to finance it all, we are witnessing what appears to be legalised robbery by the state. Despite this, social mobility is lower than it has been for years.

Today's Western societies employ vast armies of highly paid government regulators and enforcers whose commanders just happen to be our self-styled liberal advocates. Most of them are unelected and unanswerable, and on lucrative final salary pension schemes paid for by people who cannot afford to fund their own retirement. The liberal elite have become the new establishment, the new ruling class if you will.

For all the talk of helping the disadvantaged and needy, it is this new privileged class that is the main beneficiary of the new system. The only good thing about the ongoing recession is that it may help people see that today's dominant politics is morally bankrupt and financially unsustainable.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
The only good thing about the ongoing recession is that it may help people see that today's dominant politics is morally bankrupt and financially unsustainable.

Hopefully, people can see that the dominant forces for both sides of the political table are self serving. In the US, we've needed a moderate president for a while. Yet all moderate canidates either end up toeing the party line anyways (McCain) or are raked over the coals for not being principled (Romney).
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:14 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
The conservative, on the other hand understands that the most equal and prosperous society is achieved through limited government, individual rights and freedoms (what classic liberalism used to mean) and a vibrant market-economy.

I presume America is closest to your ideal?

and yet personally I would rather live in almost any other leading western nation, precisely because they are more "socialist" in outlook
(even Canada)

neither conservatism or liberalism has a monopoly on good ideas

most of the advances in our social system have come from liberals

conservatives provide the balance, stopping things from changing so quickly that the machine breaks down

I see politics as a pendulum, continually swinging one way or the other, aspiring to a point of balance that it will never actualy reach
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Seve wrote:

and yet personally I would rather live in almost any other leading western nation, precisely because they are more "socialist" in outlook
(even Canada)

I have no problem necessarily living in a Socialist country. One of my goals, in about 25 years, is to retire and move to Norway. But it only has 4-5 million people to take care of, and a fairly homogeneous culture. What works for Norway won't work for the United States.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official political correctness thread   Official political correctness thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official political correctness thread
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next