More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...

Go down 
+8
CJB
Jack Wade
GeneralGogol
Perilagu Khan
saint mark
Fae
Control
j7wild
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... Empty
PostSubject: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:10 am

I am shocked!

I can't believe it!

I didn't even know he was fighting cancer!!

:(

Confirmed on CNN...dead at 56. See apple.com as well

For full story: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ktla-apple-steve-jobs-dies,0,7477308.story
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:46 am

Well, he really revolutionized the tech world. Certainly left his mark.

Rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:34 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:40 am

Anyone who has seen pictures of Jobs in the last few years will have been surprised he lasted so long

Not a creative man, but certainly a great leader. We undervalue that in the West with our emphasis on prizes for all, regardless of merit.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:16 pm

He did so much for the tech world - R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:04 pm

It was coming for a while, he did not look good lately. I hope he found his rest but don't be surprised when you get to the iGate in heaven. ;)

Last edited by saint mark on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:48 pm

Requiescat in pacem.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:56 pm

saint mark wrote:
It was coming for a while, he did not look good lately. I hope he found his rest but don't be surprised when you get to the Igate in heaven. ;)
iGate you mean ;)
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:19 pm

I look forward to reading the conspiracy theories surrounding his death.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:31 pm

the first Apple Computer:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Apple_1_Advertisement_Oct_1976.jpg

only $666.66

you added your own keyboard and connected it to a regular TV
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:30 am

While on one hand I find such a massive worship of a corporate leader a little concerning, there is certainly no denying his influence. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:17 pm

GeneralGogol wrote:
While on one hand I find such a massive worship of a corporate leader a little concerning, there is certainly no denying his influence. R.I.P.
That's the thing, though. With distrust of corporate America seemingly at or near an all-time high, Jobs was the exception, not the rule. He was the face of products that were beloved by millions of people. In fact, I'd go so far as to say he might be the closest thing to Walt Disney we've seen in recent years.

Last edited by Jack Wade on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Besides, Russians are supposed to be into the cult of personality.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Had Jobs presented the 4S iPhone people would have been raving about the voice recognition feature like mad. Jobs was one of the few people right at the focus of our times who actually improved many people's lives with his vision. You won't find that kind of personality often. That 'Yes, we can!' claim is something Jobs already lived every day, thirty years before it hit politics.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:49 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

Jobs was not a Russian personality. Since his interaction with Medvedev a year or so ago though, Medvedev has become commonly known as "the iPad president." Jobs' reach was indeed mighty.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:59 am

GeneralGogol wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

Jobs was not a Russian personality. Since his interaction with Medvedev a year or so ago though, Medvedev has become commonly known as "the iPad president." Jobs' reach was indeed mighty.

Good thing Medvedev agreed to step aside for Putin or he'd be the iDead president...
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:14 am

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thecutline/steve-jobs-ipad-st-peter-gates-heaven.jpg
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:55 am

Apparently, his family and friends have downloaded an 'iMourn' app.

But maybe I shouldn't joke about it ... it's just not PC.

Have they tried turning him off and on again?

And so on.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:41 am

He was some kind of man. What does it matter what you say about people?
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:34 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Anyone who has seen pictures of Jobs in the last few years will have been surprised he lasted so long

Not a creative man, but certainly a great leader. We undervalue that in the West with our emphasis on prizes for all, regardless of merit.

He was first diagnosed in 2003 and given just six more months to live. He ended up surviving for another eight years.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:50 am

Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

He was first diagnosed in 2003 and given just six more months to live. He ended up surviving for another eight years.

the man is a fighter, and not only that, most cancer survivors end up spending the remaining part of their lives weak and not doing much;

he kept going and created all the stuff at Apple
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:49 pm

j7wild wrote:
he kept going and created all the stuff at Apple

The media likes to think that Jobs spent his time with CAD packages and soldering irons. He didn't.

The creative at Apple is Englishman Jonathan Ive, though Jobs deserves credit for promoting him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Don't really think so, no. I'd say Jobs's main contribution was to never sit back and just be content with things as is. Every company tends to a bit of laziness, getting fat and content in the arse and the mind. I think it was due to Jobs that Apple for the most part avoided this. Remains to be seen if others will keep up that spirit.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Discovery Channel documentary

iGenius How Steve Jobs Changed the World

http://www.fileserve.com/file/KFXjUWV/igenius.how.steve.jobs.changed.the.world.hdtv.xvid-diverge.avi

OR

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2611099194/iGenius.How.Steve.Jobs.Changed.the.World.HDTV.XviD-DiVERGE.avi

click on Slow/Slower Download

enter captcha

wait for countdown to end

click Download Now
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:50 am

http://gizmodo.com/5851937/steve-jobs-was-ready-for-thermonuclear-war-with-google

Quote :
"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs said. "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this."

Jobs used an expletive to describe Android and Google Docs, Google's Internet-based word processing program. In a subsequent meeting with Schmidt at a Palo Alto, Calif., cafe, Jobs told Schmidt that he wasn't interested in settling the lawsuit, the book says.

"I don't want your money. If you offer me $5 billion, I won't want it. I've got plenty of money. I want you to stop using our ideas in Android, that's all I want."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...   Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies... Empty

Back to top Go down

Apple Co-Founder Steve Jobs dies...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: