More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Predator franchise: your thoughts?

Go down 
+5
Loomis
bitchcraft
G section
saint mark
j7wild
9 posters
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

The Predator franchise: your thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:54 pm

To me:

Predator will always be the best one because of Ahnold!

Predator 2 was okay and it's a shame Ahnold didn't do it because he couldn't agree on his salary!

AVP: Alien Vs Predator was not great but it does explain some of the beginning of Weytland Yutani in the Alien universe.

AVPR: Aliens Vs Predator Requiem to me was junk - it was just a reason to suck up our money!

I wished they would had follow up on the ending of AVP and explore the Weytland Yutani angle in more detail!!

Predators: I have mixed feeling about this!

I think some of the actors were wasted like Danni Trejo's.

Laurence Fishburne character was unnecessary unless you want to count it as a Plot Device for the Japanese guy to get a sword; so we can have a repeat of the Sonny Landham with a machete vs Predator scene.

Now the ending of Predators left it open for a sequel!

Do you think a sequel should be made or should 20th Century Fox take the story into a new direction?
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:06 pm

I kinda like Predators after the AvP misfires.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:53 pm

Eh, I'd say they're all either pretty sh**e or just plain dire, even the Arnie original isn't up to much really. The Alien series is where it's at and even then I only really like Ridley Scott's first and Fincher's Part 3.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:01 pm

G section wrote:
Eh, I'd say they're all either pretty sh**e or just plain dire, even the Arnie original isn't up to much really. The Alien series is where it's at and even then I only really like Ridley Scott's first and Fincher's Part 3.

Aliens is one of the best sequels ever in that it is not a copy of the original but yet brings us more new stuff that is excellent too. While I do like Alien 3 it is not a Fincher movie. And Alien 4 needed the assistence of Giger designed crossbreed, instead of the one they went with, but is further a very strong 4th part.

the AvP was aimed at a younger audience so was kinda toned doen, this for an agegroup tha twatches SAW on dvd at home. :roll:

Predator was an excellent Scifi actionthriller with a great cast and a great little story.

Predator 2 was the opposite in scenery from Predator, not as good but entertaining.

Predators was an excellent cast in a jolly good entertaining actioner with little pretense else but to entertain. And that is does,

Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Aliens is original, yes, but it's also responsible for the systematic dumbing-down of the franchise which cumulated in the conception of the AVP films. Regardless of whether it's a Fincher movie or not (I wouldn't know, I have next to no interest in his back catalogue), Alien 3 at least creates tension that rivals the original film, a fresh gothic tone, Weaver's best performance as Ripley and is backed up by an excellent supporting cast (Dutton, Dance, McGann et al.). It's disjointed but, ultimately, rather intelligent.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:43 pm

j7wild wrote:
Do you think a sequel should be made or should 20th Century Fox take the story into a new direction?

Predator vs Bond. :face:

Some of the comic book adaptations have been more fun than the movies...Predator vs Judge Dredd, Predator vs Terminator, Predator vs Batman, Predator vs Superman.

So much for Predator vs Gaddafi...

Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Only the first one is really any good.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Yep, and that's mostly because of the humour. PREDATORS tried to ape the original, but it really missed that. The only funny character (Lawrence Fishburne's take on Colonel Kurtz) is introduced then killed off in about half an hour.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:02 pm

I enjoy PREDATOR 2. It's not great but its got entertainment value such as Danny Glover and Gary Busey hamming it up.

Wish there was a clip online with Busey delivering that line "LIONS, TIGERS and BEARS... OH MY."
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Was the music edited for that? That's just crazy. laugh
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:31 pm

Second one was shyte, from memory. AvP wasn't any better.

The first one, on the other hand, had all the gloriousness of 80's Ahnuld.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Why has not this been posted yet?

Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:35 pm

hey!

3 against 1!

Not Fair!
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:38 pm

???
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Sharky wrote:

this is a racist video:

the birds and the other cat were black/dark! that cat was white!

Just Kidding!

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:57 pm

j7wild wrote:
To me:

Predator will always be the best one because of Ahnold!

Predator 2 was okay and it's a shame Ahnold didn't do it because he couldn't agree on his salary!

AVP: Alien Vs Predator was not great but it does explain some of the beginning of Weytland Yutani in the Alien universe.

AVPR: Aliens Vs Predator Requiem to me was junk - it was just a reason to suck up our money!

I wished they would had follow up on the ending of AVP and explore the Weytland Yutani angle in more detail!!

Predators: I have mixed feeling about this!

I think some of the actors were wasted like Danni Trejo's.

Laurence Fishburne character was unnecessary unless you want to count it as a Plot Device for the Japanese guy to get a sword; so we can have a repeat of the Sonny Landham with a machete vs Predator scene.

Now the ending of Predators left it open for a sequel!

PREDATOR is a great film. PREDATOR 2 and PREDATORS are decent sequels, but they suffer at least part of the problem with the AvP films: the lead actor/actress. I don't remember why Arnold didn't come back for Predator 2, but clearly the casting of the leads in the sequels have tried to make the anti-hero angle work for them and it has failed. By "anti-hero" angle I mean: the type of casting decision that wouldn't necessarily make you recall action heroes such as Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Willis, Seagal, Van Damme, Lundgren, etc...i.e. Reiko Aylesworth, Adrien Brody, Sanaa Lathan, and Danny Glover.

I find Danny Glover to be a horribly offensive individual and it's almost impossible to watch PREDATOR 2 now...Aylesworth and Lathan are attractive women, but they're not Sigourney Weaver, and Brody is attempting to be Keanu Reeves from SPEED but can't. Sometimes that type of casting works, but it has to come unexpectedly and surprise the audience (like, well, Reeves being cast in SPEED or Bruce Willis in DIE HARD).

Oh, and the AvP films are just garbage; pure, out-and-out garbage.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:40 pm

Arnold didn't come back for Predator 2 because of salary dispute.

He wanted $250K more than what the producers wanted to pay him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Predator franchise: your thoughts?   The Predator franchise: your thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Predator franchise: your thoughts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: