More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Moviegoer sues film company

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Moviegoer sues film company Empty
PostSubject: Moviegoer sues film company   Moviegoer sues film company EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:46 am

Quote :
Lawsuit of the day: Sarah Deming of Michigan is suing FilmDistrict, the distributor of Ryan Gosling's flick “Drive,” because she wanted more driving in the film, CNN confirmed.

The suit also names Novi, Michigan’s Emagine Theaters, because Deming wants her money back. Deming hopes to get others involved in the suit so they too can recover the ticket cost. The complaint doesn't specify how much she is seeking, just that she allegedly suffered "damages including but not limited to the purchase price of the ticket."

Deming claims that the promotional material for the crime drama was misleading, suggesting the film would feature more action-y driving scenes.

“Drive,” by the way, tells the story of a Hollywood stunt driver (Gosling) who gets involved with a heist gone wrong. It does feature a good deal of action (and violence), but there are other elements to the film. For instance, a love story.

The suit alleges that the company "promoted the film ‘Drive’ as very similar to the ‘Fast and Furious,’ or similar, series of movies." But, Sarah was sad to learn, "’Drive’ bore very little similarity to a chase, or race action film… having very little driving in the motion picture."

Deming also claims the film is anti-Semitic, and that it “promoted violence against members of the Jewish faith.”

A spokesperson for FilmDistrict told CNN they don't comment on pending litigation.

Anti-Semitic? where?

I've seen the movie and I didn't see that part!

Must had happened when I went to the concession stand to get a refill on my popcorn.

I bet if she was African American, she would had said the movie was Racist against Blacks!

Just like the African Americans who said Jar Jar Binks was Black and it was demeaning toward Blacks!

Here's the trailer for DRIVE, judge for yourself!!

I should sue James Cameron on behalf of the Blue Man Group!

I find Avatar to be racially discriminating against Blue People!!

Also, being Italian, I find the Godfather films to be racist against us "Spics and Guidos and Marios"!!

I think a class action suit on behalf of all "Spics and Guidos and Marios" is warranted here!

Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Moviegoer sues film company   Moviegoer sues film company EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:18 am

Maybe Sarah Deming just needs to get laid.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Moviegoer sues film company   Moviegoer sues film company EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:26 pm

I think all litigation addicts need to get laid. Preferably together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moviegoer sues film company   Moviegoer sues film company Empty

Back to top Go down

Moviegoer sues film company
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: