More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Refugees

Go down 
+18
Moore
G section
Largo's Shark
Hilly
Fairbairn-Sykes
FourDot
Vesper
James. C
CIS
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
groucho070
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
CJB
colly
Fae
Lazenby.
Control
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:30 am

Hilly wrote:
is this why SG kept making those comments that resulted in you saying, I don't understand why people who don't like something post in a thread...?

i'm likely just reaching but somehow it doesn't surprise me that you had to fight to keep that thread going. To anyone else it likely looked a waste of time and everything.

Yup. From what I remember, and I'm trying to recall the details... I think some Mods wanted to lock it and clean out the spam or something. And leave it purely for discussion.

And SG would post things like "Why are you still talking about this movie?" That pissed me off. Excuse me, this happened on a forum dedicated to books and films stretching back over 50 F***ING years! But no, we're assholes for discussing one film that had been out (at that time) for less than a year and in ONE thread.

It was ONE thread. Ya know, I'd rather put a railroad spike through my skull than read or watch anything related to Harry Potter. But I don't barge in and tell people to stop talking about Harry Potter.

Sorry, needed to vent.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:33 am

I don't know how, but I somehow always managed to stay on good terms with the mods there. Probably all my brown-nosing as a noob laugh

I think they made some bad decisions. benny was a stupid choice for a moderator, for one. Was never big on St. George as far as that went, either. nick_007 was dodgy but his arm was easily bent.

Quote :
That was the thing that ground my gears a lot. It was like "you're being this elitist about it? This is a fansite for JAMES BOND for cryin' out loud!"

Word.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:34 am

I'd like to say that this will affect MI6 enough to change, but that isn't likely. It's connected to the most popular Bond site on the web, which will draw in tons of new members. Hell, that's how I was drawn into the whole thing.

Even if MI6 Community dies, it'll probably be a relief on JP and co. They're relieved the burden of keeping a 24/7 message board in top shape. Maybe that's what the dramatic change was for in the first place. If it lives, it'll be more efficient. If it dies, it's another person's problem.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:35 am

After my official departure post I got called a whiny little kid and then several longtime members claimed they had no idea who I was. Far cry from the Old MI6 where if you were leaving people would wish you farewell and express hope you'd be back one day.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:36 am

Vesper wrote:

Also in a forum that hard to navigate I struggle to see how I'd manage to avoid shadowonhertwat posting his stupid fan fiction in every F***ING thread he finds himself in.

Indeed. For the love of God, no one tell him about this place. He's wound up like a thousand day clock.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:40 am

The suspensions and the "00 Room" really p*ssed me off as well on MI6. Would have been best to just let everyone be, as opposed to alienating people, grassing on people and suspending people for next to nothing. I mean, how often was there a genuine major problem on those forums? Hardly ever. The Mods seemed to have so little to do that stupid little things always got blew up out of all proportion, sometimes over things as small as someone just posting a humourous remark or a few humourous pictures. And black humour? F***ing forget it. Over their heads in all their over-seriousness. It reached a point where seemingly anything could be minsconstrued or twisted as a violation of the T&C's.

Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:42 am

Lazenby. wrote:
It reached a point where seemingly anything could be minsconstrued or twisted as a violation of the T&C's.

You're complaining about the T&C. This is a violation of the T&C. You have 20 seconds to comply.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:45 am

The discipline there was pathetic for the most part. People would be suspended or warned for being funny if a child complained and yet I was severely harassed for weeks in early '08 and nothing was done. Yes, eventually something was done. But that was right before Luds left. I imagine, in part only, that having his hands tied and not being able to help me, a friend and valuable member, helped him decide to take a hiatus.

Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:49 am

CJB wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Also in a forum that hard to navigate I struggle to see how I'd manage to avoid shadowonhertwat posting his stupid fan fiction in every F***ING thread he finds himself in.

Indeed. For the love of God, no one tell him about this place. He's wound up like a thousand day clock.

I need someone to pick on.

Speaking of inane things... here's hoping that the forums aren't clogged up with stupid-ass elimination games. I hate those things, therefore they shouldn't exist.

Also, I think Luds himself made the most damning post on nuMI6 - he had to spread out his "Complete and detail Bond film rankings" across three posts or something. :|
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:50 am

Vesper wrote:
I don't know how, but I somehow always managed to stay on good terms with the mods there. Probably all my brown-nosing as a noob laugh

I think they made some bad decisions. benny was a stupid choice for a moderator, for one. Was never big on St. George as far as that went, either. nick_007 was dodgy but his arm was easily bent.

Quote :
That was the thing that ground my gears a lot. It was like "you're being this elitist about it? This is a fansite for JAMES BOND for cryin' out loud!"

Word.

Yeah. Nick_007 shot me a PM after I criticized the change for my rude tone and my lack of loyalty. He was sad about my words and expect more from me. What a load of bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 am

FourDot wrote:

Also, I think Luds himself made the most damning post on nuMI6 - he had to spread out his "Complete and detail Bond film rankings" across three posts or something. :|

Yeah I just came right out and called him on that one -- there was no time for any of US to get any of our beloved threads, but he got to keep his pet project.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 am

CJB wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Amen.

We don't need another "Petition for Shadow To Write Bond 23" thread.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:58 am

CJB wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Someone PM'd me a link to Clotonthebrain's 'I wanna write Bond 23 thread'. Must say I found that fascinating; self delusion is always the most interesting of mental aberrations.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:59 am

Damn, I just realised I'd lost the thread where he overreacted to my black joke about his dog and then attempted to psychoanalyse me. That was so ridiculous it was hilarious.

I don't suppose you were clued in to what the deal was with benny suddenly going on a "break" after that were you Tux? That was odd, to say the least.

The T&Cs were a joke. I got one warning in my five years or whatever it was. There were times where I was actively trying to get banned and would wind up getting someone else done for a technical infringement.

So was the swear filter. When they censored bitch I think I made the point I could post a long string of more offensive obscenities that went uncensored, and with a minute bit of effort could totally circumvent the swear filter too. Yet one of the major quotes from the novels and films were somehow "offensive". There were so many inconsistencies.

I've also called it quits there. I'll pop over here for now. I can't stand CBn. There's some very smart posters there, then for every one of those there's about three dozen who think they're smart and interpret Quantum of Solace like it's a bloody Graham Greene novel. Plus the layout sucks. Do they not realise it's not 1998 anymore? Seriously. I can't think of any supposed major website that still uses a black background.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:00 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
CJB wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Amen.

Too right. Does anybody want Bond 23 to be about how a rogue Finnish scientist based in Russia is going to unleash a virus that's going to contaminate all the cabbage supplies of the Caucasus? Nah, didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:03 am

The condescending "I thought you were better than that" reprimand grows old. I know I've said it to friend and myself even... maybe even on the site a time or two in a few years... but when peers are using it all the time in order to get you to comply to their outrageous mod requests... it wears on a friendship. That's why I stepped away. I treasure my friendships with those people and knew they would deteriorate if my communications with them were always them telling me how inappropriate I was being. ME! Inappropriate. BAH!

Refugees - Page 6 4944059249_30e7c5abbf

Last edited by retrokitty on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:04 am

CJB wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
CJB wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Amen.

Too right. Does anybody want Bond 23 to be about how a rogue Finnish scientist based in Russia is going to unleash a virus that's going to contaminate all the cabbage supplies of the Caucasus? Nah, didn't think so.

It wasn't limited to Bond either.

There were umpteen-dozen hypotheses about how The Dark Knight Rises would turn out as well.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:06 am

retrokitty wrote:
The condescending "I thought you were better than that" reprimand grows old. I know I've said it to friend and myself even... maybe even on the site a time or two in a few years... but when peers are using it all the time in order to get you to comply to their outrageous mod requests... it wears on a friendship. That's why I stepped away. I treasure my friendships with those people and knew they would deteriorate if my communications with them were always them telling me how inappropriate I was being. ME! Inappropriate. BAH!

Refugees - Page 6 4944059249_30e7c5abbf

I think we may have collided with the same moderator.

And surprisingly, too.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:21 am

retrokitty wrote:
yet I was severely harassed for weeks in early '08 and nothing was done.

This comes as the biggest shock to me. I can't for the life of me remember this. Now I can't look back to see what happened and if I did anything to help you out.

Well, S***.

I love people on nuMI6 and I love people here. So I'll be splitting time the best I can between here, there, my *chan obligations, and real life if I have the time. Shame, because I had a whole "final montage" planned out.

I think it's fitting that, in public at least, the long term members and a lot of the mods are mourning the loss of quality talk while the n00bs are jeering us on the way out.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:05 am

FourDot wrote:

Better alert a Mod! Triple posting!
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:07 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
CJB wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Amen.

Maybe we do.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:09 am

Triple post! I'm an asshole!

Jack Wade posted on MI6book and said he's leaving. I'll try to get him on FaceMI6.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:46 am

FourDot wrote:
CJB wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
CJB wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Amen.

It wasn't limited to Bond either.

There were umpteen-dozen hypotheses about how The Dark Knight Rises would turn out as well.

Not to mention most were minute to the point of being unfilmable. And that we were idiots for questioning his more informed tastes....

Trying to move on - but is it just me or has Barry resuscitated almost every thread he could think of? I admire his effort, but thats a lot of threads. :shock:
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:56 am

I've been just lurking over to see everyone's reactions. I find a lot of them surprisingly disappointing. Especially the responses FS got. A well respected 00 for many years and one of the mods acts is if they don't know him? What is that about? :|
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:59 am

Tubes wrote:
retrokitty wrote:
yet I was severely harassed for weeks in early '08 and nothing was done.

This comes as the biggest shock to me. I can't for the life of me remember this. Now I can't look back to see what happened and if I did anything to help you out.

Well, S***.

There were two posters, LipService and Defensive something or other. They were funny at times but when they weren't trolling the threads and trying to piss off the mods, they were sending me nasty PMs and basically spitting on me and a few others in some threads. I sent screen cap after screen cap directly to Andy and James. NOTHING. Oh sure, I got some, "we'll look into its" but Luds was begging to have them banned and they wouldn't let Luds ban them. It was weird and it's when Daniel had enough. Well, that and when benny was modded. I thought Daniel's head was going to explode over that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Refugees - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Refugees
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: