More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Refugees

Go down 
+18
Moore
G section
Largo's Shark
Hilly
Fairbairn-Sykes
FourDot
Vesper
James. C
CIS
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
groucho070
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
CJB
colly
Fae
Lazenby.
Control
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:14 am

We need to chum the waters.

Ya know, I feel like going to F***ING war with MI6. Steal all the good members. Render that joint a F***ING ghost town.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:
Everybody's great work over a half decade just chucked into the trash with no notice. F***ing atrocity. We can rebuild here instead of on FACEBOOK.

F*** YES!

So, who is the head honcho here anyway? What's the story on this place. Hadn't heard about it before tonight.

I'm just relieved he hadn't turned this place into a Chelsea FC site, as the last I heard that was his intention. I only know "M" over the internet though, from a footy site and a film site. I wanted someone to help set up another forum when MI6 was going through a rough patch, and he agreed and set this up as apparently it doesn't cost anything to set up.

Looking back, I should have accepted his offer to help run the site, but feared I didn't know enough about how to do so. But I've sent out a couple of e-mails so hopefully he'll turn up in the week and give the place a few touch-ups if needed.

But the good thing is that he was basically of the "tell us how you want it and I'll do it" persuasion with regards to how the members want the site to be, so this place will be great, maybe eventually even better than the old site if we can get everyone on board.

Back to top Go down
groucho070
Cipher Clerk
groucho070

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:17 am

Who started this site, by the way?
Back to top Go down
http://grouchydays.blogspot.com
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:18 am

Fae wrote:
CJB wrote:
So I see half the threads in NuMI6 are revivals of threads in Old MI6.

Which leads one to the question of why the F*** does NuMI6 exist all?
To be fair this site is a bit like that atm ... but I think with all new sites we need time to grow and establish our own stamp on things.

True, but we're all here simply as a reaction to the forum we knew and loved being swept from under our feet. Naturally we'll try to re-create as much as is desirable. We'd all be back at KTBU if we could.

NuMI6 on the other hand is meant to be some kind of brave new world, a social experiment by the clearly megalomaniacal James Page. Within a few days, years of great posts and discussions will evaporate for no good reason. Rehashing old threads in a new Twitter/FB format is all that will come of it? What was the point? James Page has got a lot to answer for, but I don't think normal communication is practical when one's head is travelling progressively higher up one's rectum.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:21 am

Well nice job kickstarting this site, Lazenby. :D I have to say your message came rather quick ... happy I didn't miss your message as well otherwise ...

Oh and Simon's little post on nuMi6:

As an old skool, old fashioned , old timer of MI6 from it's black n blue colour scheme era and forum share with cbn, I've gotta say this is the first time it's taken a step backwards with it's major changes. Before this, changes were only ever made to embrace the community it attracted, even if that did result in lots of spam and fighting - that's part and parcel of a fan site. Now this "community" section just feels like the same sort of community afterthought that I could imagine IGN throwing together... 5 years ago. Glad I stopped posting regularly when I did, but I guess the userbase will confirm if it's a success or not. Whether or not that userbase retains the bulk of it's 'loyal' (I hate that word) users of old tho is something that should be interesting to watch.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:25 am

Fae wrote:
I have to say your message came rather quick ... happy I didn't miss your message as well otherwise ...

I sent an absolute shedload of messages out, but the problem was I couldn't tell whether they'd been sent properly as I hardly had a clue what I was doing in that new MI6 layout.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:26 am

Fae wrote:
Well nice job kickstarting this site, Lazenby. :D I have to say your message came rather quick ... happy I didn't miss your message as well otherwise ...

Oh and Simon's little post on nuMi6:

As an old skool, old fashioned , old timer of MI6 from it's black n blue colour scheme era and forum share with cbn, I've gotta say this is the first time it's taken a step backwards with it's major changes. Before this, changes were only ever made to embrace the community it attracted, even if that did result in lots of spam and fighting - that's part and parcel of a fan site. Now this "community" section just feels like the same sort of community afterthought that I could imagine IGN throwing together... 5 years ago. Glad I stopped posting regularly when I did, but I guess the userbase will confirm if it's a success or not. Whether or not that userbase retains the bulk of it's 'loyal' (I hate that word) users of old tho is something that should be interesting to watch.

Simon rocks hard. Let's give him a good show to watch.

Lazenby. I want to be a Mod. Flat out. I promise to work to kick ass and whip this place into shape.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:26 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
We need to chum the waters.

Ya know, I feel like going to F***ING war with MI6. Steal all the good members. Render that joint a F***ING ghost town.

That's really our only option if we wish to grow this forum. We've got a lot of advantages - namely, this is an actual forum and not some demented lovechild of Facebook and Twitter. We can also structure an environment that's fun and not catered to the under 10's. Rules and regulations, by all means, but no retarded censoring of words like BITCH. We'll be able to speak freely without having the Gestapo knocking on our PM Inbox.

Get people like Khan and Largo (to name a few) in here and NuMI6 will be about as fun as a geriatric bingo night.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:40 am

CJB wrote:
Get people like Khan and Largo (to name a few) in here and NuMI6 will be about as fun as a geriatric bingo night.

This isn't nuMI6. That other thing is nuMI6. This is MI6beyond. 8)

BTW, I blasting "Eye of the Tiger" on my headphones.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:44 am

I like that despite there not being a user by the name of "Lazenby", our good vet keeps the period anyway. I wouldn't have it any other way, it's that little character that distinguishes you from the rest. 8)
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:45 am

Cheers, MP. 8)

With regards to members here, all I'd say is to only pass this place on to members you can trust, not any James Page brown-nosers and, while I like a few of the mods there at MI6, I'll leave those calls down to members who know them better than I do with regards to whether it's worth inviting them here. Last thing we want is someone in their quest for brownie points running off to Page about this place and having the copyright police close it down or something.

And Tux, I can't see the Mod thing being a problem, hell if I was offered it despite hardly having a clue about forums, then it should be sortable. I can vouch for every single member here as a trustworthy legend from the old site, and we all seem to be pretty much reading from the same sheet with regards to what we want from this place. Basically, all I can see a Mod doing here is basically what I was asked to do; Just keep the place tidy, well-organised and easily usable and chuck a ban at anyone who wanders in from nowhere trying to post offensive or sick stuff.

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:48 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
CJB wrote:

This isn't nuMI6. That other thing is nuMI6. This is MI6beyond. 8)

I know, I meant Page's abomination (NuMI6) would be about as fun as a geriatric bingo night.

On the other hand, this place will be as fun as bikini babes in chocolate sauce fighting jaguars bingo night.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:50 am

CJB wrote:
On the other hand, this place will be as fun as bikini babes and topless hot guys in chocolate sauce fighting jaguars bingo night.
Edited,
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:51 am

Lazenby. wrote:
All I'd say over invites is to only pass this place on to members you can trust, not any James Page brown-nosers and, while I like a few of the mods there at MI6, I'll leave those calls down to members who know them better than I do with regards to whether it's worth inviting them here. Last thing we want is someone in their quest for brownie points running off to Page about this place and having the copyright police close it down or something.

And Tux, I can't see the Mod thing being a problem, hell if I was offered it despite hardly having a clue about forums, then it should be sortable. I can vouch for every single member here as a trustworthy legend from the old site, and we all seem to be pretty much reading from the same sheet with regards to what we want from this place. Basically, all I can see a Mod doing here is basically what I was asked to do; Just keep the place tidy, well-organised and easily usable and chuck a ban at anyone who wanders in from nowhere trying to post offensive or sick stuff.

RE: Mod. I'm also a control freak and want to keep the film section tidy. Hell, if I could create a new TV section that would be cool. And being a Mod isn't totally to be a control freak, but I care enough and have good taste and discretion. I'm a fair guy.

RE: invites. That's exactly what I was gonna post about. We gotta be careful how we go about this.

Pity, I do like James Page and I do think he's sincere. I've met the guy and his wife a couple times. Been to dinner with them. I hold no bad feelings towards him. But that new forum is S***. I can't post on it. This is close enough and has a few extra bells and whistles.

I'm gonna go to sleep soon. I have a free day pretty much tomorrow and we can discuss this more. I only have a play rehearsal tomorrow night.

I'll probably be on for a little while longer right now.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:53 am

Fae wrote:
CJB wrote:
On the other hand, this place will be as fun as bikini babes and topless hot guys in chocolate sauce fighting jaguars bingo night.
Edited,

You read my mind, Fae. I don't like what's in there.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:56 am

Good to see Simon telling it like it is over at NuMI6. I still can't believe what they've done there. Don't know if I speak for everyone, but I'd hazard a guess that most people would have been perfectly happy with maybe just a few colour or font changes, just a little freshening up. That place was like a bloody family over there, with a great history and a great rep. Why mess with that?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:56 am

Some more thoughts. This is MI6beyond, the other thing could be called Rome AD477.

Seriously, it felt I lived through the fall of Rome tonight. It feels like BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.

But any powers I can get would be cool. Spruce the place up a little. Maybe even change the banner. It's a little naff.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:00 am

Lazenby. wrote:
Good to see Simon telling it like it is over at NuMI6. I still can't believe what they've done there. Don't know if I speak for everyone, but I'd hazard a guess that most people would have been perfectly happy with maybe just a few colour or font changes, just a little freshening up. That place was like a bloody family over there, with a great history and a great rep. Why mess with that?

Refugees - Page 2 George_lucas

"W-w-well, it was part of my original vision you see..."
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:02 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

Pity, I do like James Page and I do think he's sincere. I've met the guy and his wife a couple times. Been to dinner with them. I hold no bad feelings towards him.

Oh yeah, I don't doubt his sincerity, though I just think he's maybe not really had his eye on the ball with regards to what the very people who made that place what it was actually wanted from it when it came to making these changes. But still, I can't see him being happy if everyone comes over here, hence my caution on that.

With regards to the banner Tux, I'm pretty sure there was a thread in here somewhere with submissions requested for a better banner. So, if anyone can come up with something classier, then we'll get it put up ASAP.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:07 am

I said I wouldn't complain much about MI6 on my first post.

But really, I feel gutted. Last month I reached my 5th anniversary. I had a lot of great discussions over the years. Some great laughs, especially when I started the classic "What Would His Bond Do?" and Trek montages with Tux, Tubes and FS. It's been going on for a good five years. I have never spent as much time on a forum as MI6, it was always the only real forum I would visit consistently and whenever I had a bad day I would always go to it and try to have a good laugh. I have never considered quitting the site completely, I never thought I could ever do that. It was the go to site for me when it came to not just Bond but other flicks or different variety of subjects.

But now that's all gone and replaced by an abomination, with a transition executed in the most atrocious fashion without warning. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! 🇳🇴 Maybe I shouldn't be so riled up, it's an internet forum afterall. Still I devoted a lot of years on the site and it feels like a real cheat for them to pull it off like they did.

What a shame. I'm F***ING done with them, professionally.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:21 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
I said I wouldn't complain much about MI6 on my first post.

But really, I feel gutted. Last month I reached my 5th anniversary. I had a lot of great discussions over the years. Some great laughs, especially when I started the classic "What Would His Bond Do?" and Trek montages with Tux, Tubes and FS. It's been going on for a good five years. I have never spent as much time on a forum as MI6, it was always the only real forum I would visit consistently and whenever I had a bad day I would always go to it and try to have a good laugh. I have never considered quitting the site completely, I never thought I could ever do that. It was the go to site for me when it came to not just Bond but other flicks or different variety of subjects.

But now that's all gone and replaced by an abomination, with a transition executed in the most atrocious fashion without warning. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! 🇳🇴 Maybe I shouldn't be so riled up, it's an internet forum afterall. Still I devoted a lot of years on the site and it feels like a real cheat for them to pull it off like they did.

I get that. Hell, I've lived in FIVE different places since first registering on that site, been through a s***load of horrible personal stuff which people on there have been really supportive about, and over all of those 7 years since I registered, the place had always functioned the same way, a very easy to use site where you always felt reassured you were among mates. Sure, the place could have done with some "freshening up" for a while now with regards to the colours etc being perhaps overly familiar and maybe dated here and there, but to completely change the very form of people's discussions and reduce a very hard-worked and long-built legacy of member interaction to nothing with barely a few minutes notice, replacing it with a format which comes off as little more than a (surely inferior) Facebook knock-off (even down to the COLOUR) seems a really bad move IMO. There's way too much hard work gone into long-running threads as well, I find it despicable that this situation wasn't catered for better.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:25 am

For me it's the people. The posts are gone. There's a database, but I wouldn't know WHERE to start backing that stuff up.

But it's the loss of people that gets me. FourDot apparently said adios. That alone hurt me more than all the posts. It's the people that make the forum, and I can't quit y'all. We were having too much damn fun. We'll think of more S*** to post. More montages for sure. And here, because over there it's a pain in the ass to do anything. But if we can't get all the people on board I'll be more affected by that.

One guy is trevanien. Losing him would/will be a real shame.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 am

I'm just glad everything is archived. I can do research on old threads and save a lot of stuff. Tux can save his film list he was working on. It's said to be deleted eventually. So not only am I gonna save some great posts and pages but also some of the avatars as I know it's very hard to search for non-EON gems on the web.
Back to top Go down
groucho070
Cipher Clerk
groucho070

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 am

It was rude, plain and simple. For veterans and constant posters like you guys, to occasional ones like me and down right to plain visitors, they owe an explanation. Heck, they owe many explanations They should have alerted us months ahead. There was a general feeling of being underappreciated when it happened. And in case of some of the excellent threads and posts by you guys, ungrateful.
Back to top Go down
http://grouchydays.blogspot.com
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:31 am

Lazenby. wrote:

I get that. Hell, I've lived in FIVE different places since first registering on that site, been through a s***load of horrible personal stuff which people on there have been really supportive about, and over all of those 7 years since I registered, the place had always functioned the same way, a very easy to use site where you always felt reassured you were among mates.

I was at a rehearsal today at the director's apartment, and he had a black theatre cube, if you know what that is, and it had signatures from a show that went up on March 27, 2003. The day after I joined. I couldn't begin to tell you how much I've changed. I'm a different person.

Hey, one up side. All that S*** I said about Hollywood people is gone. 8)

Here's me looking at nuMI6. :x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Refugees - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Refugees   Refugees - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Refugees
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: