More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie you Watched?

Go down 
+38
bitchcraft
Richard Hannay
Manhunter
SJK91
MBalje
Blunt Instrument
Louis Armstrong
Vesper
Seve
Hilly
Ravenstone
Klown
Drax
tiffanywint
Satorious
G section
CJB
HJackson
GeneralGogol
Moore
lalala2004
Lazenby.
Mr. Trevelyan
Chigawa
Salomé
bondfan06
Prince Kamal Khan
Fae
trevanian
Tubes
James. C
Control
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Fairbairn-Sykes
FourDot
colly
The White Tuxedo
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:35 am

Tubes wrote:
Haven't seen all of Hitch's work, but I loved North By Northwest, Rope, Vertigo, and Notorious. I enjoyed The 39 Steps, Dial M for Murder, Frenzy, and Foreign Correspondent. I f*cking hated Marnie. With a passion.

I hated MARNIE the first time I saw it. Do I think it works? ........I'm agnostic on it. But I think it's interesting. laugh

There's a difference between Alfred Hitchcock F***ING up, and somebody like John Glen F***ING up.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:38 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Tubes wrote:
Haven't seen all of Hitch's work, but I loved North By Northwest, Rope, Vertigo, and Notorious. I enjoyed The 39 Steps, Dial M for Murder, Frenzy, and Foreign Correspondent. I f*cking hated Marnie. With a passion.

I hated MARNIE the first time I saw it. Do I think it works? ........I'm agnostic on it. But I think it's interesting. laugh

Personally, I think it's a rambling yarn held together only by Connery's presence. If it wasn't for him, the film would be a total loss.

It's like if a popular thriller director followed up some of his best stuff with a rambling personal project involving a hundreds year old tragedy that....oh.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:43 am

Tubes wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
Tubes wrote:

Personally, I think it's a rambling yarn held together only by Connery's presence. If it wasn't for him, the film would be a total loss.

It's like if a popular thriller director followed up some of his best stuff with a rambling personal project involving a hundreds year old tragedy that....oh.

The reference is currently going over my head. laugh
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:47 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Tubes wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
Tubes wrote:

If you're still on the boat, so is the water.

He then made a movie about indigenous cats in space.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:01 am

Tubes wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
Tubes wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
Tubes wrote:

If you're still on the boat, so is the water.

He then made a movie about indigenous cats in space.

Thought it was that guy. Guy who faps to blue.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:11 am

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 HowToMarryAMillionaire

How To Marry A Millionaire (1953) Dir. Jean Negulesco

I was looking for something light, fun and colourful - and I certainly found it. As the poster shows, its as much about the scope as it is about the ladies (it is 1953, after all) - the film begins with a 5 minute prelude of Alfred Newman's orchestra in the new format, seeing all that in the 2.55:1 mustve been amazing all those years ago. And of course theres the requisite shots of New York, Maine and all the other locations.

Thankfully, the film itself is quite a delight - with Monroe, Grable and Bacall the three dames following the creed of the title; they all want sugar daddies. But of course, it doesnt work out as planned. Also starring a forever classy William Powell, as well as Cameron Mitchell, Rory Calhoun and an unexpectedly hilarious David Wayne - everything comes off quite well. Apart from grable, who's just annoying.

The IMDB trvia sections got some interesting stuff - it disproves that Grable and Monroe, like I'd heard, hated each other, and theres all sorts of show-bix in jokes for the time.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:06 am

Saw Mark Romanek's barely-released NEVER LET ME GO ... kind of a zero-budget flick dealing with some of the metaphysical aspects inherent in BLADE RUNNER. I found it quite compelling, but then again, I saw ADJUSTMENT BUREAU yesterday and didn't have a problem with the third act, so maybe I'm going soft in my old age.

Seriously, I'd be interested in hearing other folks' views on this Romanek movie.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:16 am

trevanian wrote:
Seriously, I'd be interested in hearing other folks' views on this Romanek movie.

Seeing it on Thursday. Looking forward to it, although I wish I'd had the opportunity to read the novel first.

And it's great to see you in here, Trev. :D
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:37 am

The Social Network

My 2nd (and probably last) viewing. Extremely overrated. Technically, there is nothing striking. Dialogue fuels this film, not visuals. The screenplay was decent, and probably more deserving of the Academy Award among the rest, but Fincher's direction wasn't anything to write home about. Actually, this might have worked better as a radio piece, or even a 45 minute documentary on the History Channel. At times, it even felt like a daytime soap.

Performance-wise, I wasn't absolutely disappointed. Among the whole cast, the metrosexual twins were the worst.

Nothing more than a cash-in. And damn did it work.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:48 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
The Social Network

According to Variety, Uwe Boll is negotiating with James Page for the rights to the nuMI6 story.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:05 am

Paranoid Park (2007) - Gus Van Sant

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 Paranoid_park

Alex, is a teenager, who after witnesing and playing a role in a violent crime is trying to come to terms with it by recounting his experiences at the skatepark known as Paranoid Park. Its told purely from Alex's point of view, very introspective, and is backdropped against the skateboarder culture of the US.

I'm studying this for Media class - this is only my second Gus Van Sant film, the first being Elephant and the one thing that strikes me about his is how realistic the film makes. The actors are nothing to brag about. Taylor Momsen (chick from Gossip Girl) plays the exact same character which is more or less meh, and Gabe Nivens just acts like the awkard teenager he's supposed to. So in that sense it is effective.

It's a bit of a mind-F*** in a sense. Not told in a linear fashion with lots of flashbacks though once the film is finished its easy enough to place when everything happened - sort of. I have to say one of the things I really liked was the sound mixing that Gus van Sant used - notable scenes are the shower scenes with the slow build, and the scene when Alex (Gabe Nivens) is walking across the bridge after the crime. The way the sound mixes just show a lot more than the visuals.

Overall not a film I would watch again and again - I don't overly enjoy it but it's damn interesting to study so at least that is something.

Anyone else seen it?[
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Nah, my impulse to give a new film a chance ends whenever the names "Gus Van Sant" or "Lars Von Trier" come up.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Nah, my impulse to give a new film a chance ends whenever the name [snip] "Lars Von Trier" come up.

You're cutting yourself off from some of the greatest drama of the last 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:00 pm

ambler wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
The Social Network

According to Variety, Uwe Boll is negotiating with James Page for the rights to the nuMI6 story.

You can't get 1 million members without making a few duplicate accounts.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 435237.1010.A

Excellent Carl Reiner/Norman Jewison comedy makes a great vehicle for James Garner and Doris Day. A sentimental favorite film of my family's since my father took my 8.97 months pregnant mother to see it the day before she gave birth to my big sister. The scene of Garner's obstetrician riding through traffic on a horse to deliver a baby in a car caused my mother to laugh so hard she thinks it triggered her labor.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:42 pm

ambler wrote:
Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Nah, my impulse to give a new film a chance ends whenever the name [snip] "Lars Von Trier" come up.

You're cutting yourself off from some of the greatest drama of the last 20 years.

That's more of a damnation of cinema of the past 20 years than anything else.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:00 am

Been watching some of BILLY ELLIOT on the telly - along with ABOUT A BOY its one of the most shown films on the tube, but whever either's on I cant help but watch. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:57 am

Sharky wrote:
ambler wrote:
Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:

That's more of a damnation of cinema of the past 20 years than anything else.

Ambler: We've had this discussion, haven't we?

Sharky: I love that the one thing we agree on is a dislike of Van Sant and Von Trier. Now siddown and let me try to Ludivico Technique you into liking IRON MAN 2.
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 4:52 am

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 Bullitt5

Bullitt

I had to watch it in two parts because I was too tired to finish it yesterday. Ended on the car chase yesterday and started with the car chase today. Oh, those poor, poor cars. That's something that is missing in today's chases. You can tell that those cars went through the grinder for those shots.

As far as the rest of the movie, the first half was too slow for my tastes, but the second really takes off. McQueen dominates the screen. One of my favorite looking "flat" films, in terms of composition. I have a feeling I'll like Bullitt better the more viewings I get in.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:02 am

KISS KISS BANG BANG

One of those "you gotta love it" films, especially if you're a film person (in the industry, I mean). It's a fantastic combo of everything I love -- black humour, RDJ, Bond, Raymond Chandler, skewering LA, etc.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:21 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
KISS KISS BANG BANG

One of those "you gotta love it" films, especially if you're a film person (in the industry, I mean). It's a fantastic combo of everything I love -- black humour, RDJ, Bond, Raymond Chandler, skewering LA, etc.

Just about the funniest thing I've seen in a film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbIyHWNpMz8#t=15
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:27 am

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 Irma-la-douce-jack-lemmon1

Irma La Douce (1963) Dir. Billy Wilder

A wonderful film thats both naughtily hilarious and endearingly sweet - a tribute to Wilder, his stars in Lemmon, MacLaine and also Lou Jacobi (who wasnt even nominated for an Oscar!) and of course Andre Previn, who won an Oscar for his score. Lemmon and MacLaine in their prime - sheer delight.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:10 am

That's on my list to see. Love Wilder. Love Lemmon. Love young Shirley.

Jack Lemmon is one of the few people I find genuinely funny.
Back to top Go down
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:15 am

This has got some of his absolute best work. Its great stuff. laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:21 am

colly wrote:
This has got some of his absolute best work. Its great stuff. laugh

You've read OHMSS, right? ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie you Watched?
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next