More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)

Go down 
+42
Blunt Instrument
bitchcraft
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Manhunter
TedHeath
FG Wells
Vesper
Santa
saint mark
Loomis
Tubes
jet set willy
lachesis
Harmsway
Prisoner Monkeys
Gravity's Silhouette
j7wild
trevanian
bondfan06
Lazenby.
Hilly
Control
Fae
Mr. Trevelyan
GeneralGogol
Richard Hannay
CJB
SJK91
lalala2004
James. C
Fairbairn-Sykes
colly
HJackson
retrokitty
Louis Armstrong
Drax
Largo's Shark
Salomé
Jack Wade
FourDot
Makeshift Python
The White Tuxedo
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Hannay
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Richard Hannay

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Salomé wrote:
I'm going to assume it's a money-related move.

The movie still won't qualify for the tax breaks we in Pennsylvania offer. I don't think money's the reason. Maybe Nolan needs a fuckton of unrecognizable bridges?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Richard Hannay wrote:
fuckton
Metric or Imperial?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:03 pm

ambler wrote:
Richard Hannay wrote:
fuckton

Metric or Imperial?

I believe it's off the M2. Unusually large birthrate.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:15 pm

Sharky wrote:
ambler wrote:
Richard Hannay wrote:
fuckton

Metric or Imperial?

I believe it's off the M2. Unusually large birthrate.

Fuckton. Twinned with Fucking, Austria.

Keep on topic. No place names. Re-read the forum terms and conditions. Thanks. Dublo.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Salomé wrote:
Having given it a little bit of a thought now, the thing that bothers me most about Hathaway as Selina Kyle is the voice. If she is going to be Catwoman, her voice should at least carry a hint of danger, yet Hathaway always sound as if she's exhaling honeyed rose petals. Which is fine in any romcom, but can ruin this particular characterization.

Or is Nolan going to give her a terrible alternate voice à la Bruce/Batman? :x

Too bad Eartha Kitt can't dub her. Imagine.

Hathaway is just too sweet and Disney, but we'll see if she can do this.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:50 am

My faith in Nolan's casting is based entirely on the fact that I 100% doubted Ledger almost right up to the day. And was completely blown away.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Richard Hannay wrote:
Salomé wrote:

The movie still won't qualify for the tax breaks we in Pennsylvania offer. I don't think money's the reason. Maybe Nolan needs a fuckton of unrecognizable bridges?
Word has it the reason Nolan is using Pittsburgh because Bay used Chicago for Transformers 3.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Richard Hannay wrote:
Salomé wrote:

Word has it the reason Nolan is using Pittsburgh because Bay used Chicago for Transformers 3.

Ah. Yeah, I could actually believe that as the reason.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Big (and somewhat surprising) news on who Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard are playing.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/joseph-gordonlevitt-and-marion-cotillard-will-star,54795/
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Is it wise to have Cotillard in there? She could play a better Catwoman in her sleep than Hathaway...

Last edited by Salomé on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Salomé wrote:
Is it wise to have Cotillard in there? She could play a better Catwoman in her sleep that Hathaway...

I agree, the role she's been cast in seems like a better fit for Hathaway too.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Salomé wrote:
Is it wise to have Cotillard in there? She could play a better Catwoman in her sleep that Hathaway...
Damn right. Cotillard's a real woman. Good to know there's a place in Hollywood for her given their pathetic obsession with youth.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:30 pm

ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Damn right. Cotillard's a real woman. Good to know there's a place in Hollywood for her given their pathetic obsession with youth.

It's really odd to look at her career now and consider her first big break was a relatively tiny role in Besson's Taxi. She sure exceeded my expectations.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Now that she is officially cast it's time for the obligatory "Hot Woman Cast - Post Photos of Her" session.

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 Marion-cotillard-interview-magazine-530x423

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 Marion-cotillard-1v
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Salomé wrote:
It's really odd to look at her career now and consider her first big break was a relatively tiny role in Besson's Taxi. She sure exceeded my expectations.

That movie is a guilty pleasure of mine, largely because of Mlle. Cotillard.

To be honest, I hope she won't be doing too many more big Hollywood blockbusters as the token foreign actress. She is much better in French films.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:52 am

Jack Wade wrote:
Big (and somewhat surprising) news on who Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard are playing.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/joseph-gordonlevitt-and-marion-cotillard-will-star,54795/
The question remains, however, whether "Miranda Tate" is just another "Henri Ducard." ;)
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:44 pm

And here's our first official look at Hardy's Bane:

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-xl.jpg

Linked in case anyone's avoiding potential spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:55 pm

The viral marketing begins, but I dunno if it will have the success of TDK's, which was probably the most successful ARG campaign ever. It had the great advantage of being seemingly run by the Joker himself, which set up huge hype and anticipation for both the film and Ledger's portrayal months before it ever came out.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:21 am

I still remember the website allowing users to contribute to completing the first ever image of Ledger's Joker one pixel at a time. That was pretty cool. Ledger's death is always brought up by naysayers as the film's only hype but I remember the viral marketing being HUGE way before Ledger OD'd.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 3:09 am

If anyone hasn't heard, Matthew Modine will play a "key villain".

And so that fufills Nolan's obligatory 80s washout actor being in a flick of his.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Trevelyan
Cipher Clerk
Mr. Trevelyan

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:36 pm

He's not playing "Joker" by any chance, is he? laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Cool, Modine is a terrific actor. He played a great scumbag on WEEDS. He's apparently playing "Nixon". I looked it up and didn't see any indication that there is a DC character by that name. I'd love to see him play some kind of a self-serving political type. Maybe the new DA.

I didn't know they'd cast a younger Ducard. Well, at least wiki says he plays Ra's in flashbacks and the guy looks like a young Liam Neeson.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:14 am

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/06/alt-text-dc-comics-reboot/
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:47 am

A second reboot for DC? I'd like to hear FS's thoughts on that matter on whether this is for the better.

I think Byrne's MAN OF STEEL was a perfect reboot of Superman, I don't think they could do a better reintroduction for Superman than that.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:46 am

I'm really annoyed with DC for this. For one thing, Grant Morrison is still pretty much in the middle of his bizarrely epic Batman saga that he's been weaving for a few years now (gosh, has it really been since 2006?) and I wanted to see where all that was going.

The argument that gets used for these revamps and reboots is always that there is too much continuity for new readers to deal with. Well, for one thing, doesn't that just encourage them to buy the trade paperbacks and catch up? For another, yeah that's true, but if you keep rebooting everything few years then you aren't gonna have any long-term readers -- I mean, why invest my time and energy in a monthly series if I know that everything that happens is gonna get wiped out in a few years? And finally, the only reason why these series have such long continuities and convoluted backstories is because the American comics industry has become reliant on propping up decades-old series like BATMAN, X-MEN, SPIDER-MAN, etc. for merchandising and franchise reasons while ignoring any possibility of starting and holding onto new and exciting series and ideas -- and not only are they propping up 70 year old characters and insisting they keep going, but put them in the same universe and insist on Earth-shaterring cross-over stories every few years as well. So not only do you have to know everything about Batman to read Morrison's stories, but also every other DC character as well.

If you really want to revamp DC Comics, I would say cancel all the books that nobody gives a shit about, let the bigtime large characters keep going as they are for your marketing reasons, and start introducing NEW CHARACTERS and NEW IDEAS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)   [SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] The Dark Knight Rises (1.0)
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next