More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Skyfall casting updates

Go down 
+8
Louis Armstrong
GeneralGogol
The White Tuxedo
Perilagu Khan
Prisoner Monkeys
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

Skyfall casting updates Empty
PostSubject: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Per the official Twitter account: Helen McCrory and Ola Rapace added to the cast today.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Per the official Twitter account: Helen McCrory and Ola Rapace added to the cast today.

Ola looks a bit like Javier Bardem from some of the Google images. Wonder if that's deliberate and not a coincidence...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:55 am

I noticed that too - maybe it is some sort of flashback, which is what I suggested earlier. Helen McCrory could play a young M, and this Ola may just play a young Bardem villain. But Bardem is relatively younger than Dench, so....
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:25 am

Well, my theory is that "Skyfall" is an off-the-books operation where M gave up a field operative for the sake of something bigger. Bardem could be that operative, with Rapace playing a younger version of him when he first approached M.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 2:00 pm

I don't see a very strong resemblance. Methinks Rapace is likely some sort of henchman.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:00 pm

I was struck by how much Helen McCrory looks like she could play M's daughter. I don't want to see a family affair, but I think it's quite plausible that M's daughter could be targeted in this kind of a story.

McCrory playing a young M in flashbacks? God, I hope not! Going by height, McCrory is 5'4 and Dench is 5'1, at least by what Google turned up. If they wanted to use her as a young M, I'm sure they could shoot it in such a way where the few inches wouldn't matter too much. But I don't want to see young M flashbacks. Young M flashes with McCrory? Maybe.

Here's a creepy idea. With McCrory's resemblance to Dench, cast her as Moneypenny and play it that Bond is living out his fantasies about M on a younger model.

Bond: Yes, tell me that you don't trust me! Tell me that you don't trust me!

Go VERTIGO on it. Kill off M early in the film, and have Bond transform Moneypenny.

I'll get back to watching VERTIGO now.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:

Here's a creepy idea. With McCrory's resemblance to Dench, cast her as Moneypenny and play it that Bond is living out his fantasies about M on a younger model.

I'm surprised Barbara Broccoli hasn't cast herself as a Bond Girl yet. Craig's only got one or two more films in him.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:07 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

That's almost like that scene at the end of DAD, where Moneypenny lives out her fantasy. Samantha Bond, with her short hair, looked creepily like M in that film.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:10 am

Rather than Ola Rapeface playing a young version of Bardem, I'd sooner suggest that perhaps the pair will simply be blood relations.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Skyfall casting updates EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:26 am

Louis Armstrong wrote:
Rather than Ola Rapeface playing a young version of Bardem, I'd sooner suggest that perhaps the pair will simply be blood relations.

Brothers Spang
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Louis Armstrong wrote:

Brothers Spang

They said they weren't using any material from Fleming though....
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:24 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Louis Armstrong wrote:

Brothers Spang

They said the title has nothing to do with Fleming, not the material.. Big difference.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Sharky wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Louis Armstrong wrote:

Brothers Spang

They said the title has nothing to do with Fleming, not the material.. Big difference.

When they said 'Skyfall' I assumed they're talking about the film as a whole, not just the title. But if they were just talking of the title, well that's great then!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:16 pm

Helen McCrory will be playing a politician and member of the British Parliament named Clair Dowar, per the official Facebook and Twitter accounts.

https://twitter.com/#!/007/status/143679115004874752
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:47 pm

I've got a sinking feeling we're headed further down the road of politicization inaugurated by QOS.
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 3:36 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I've got a sinking feeling we're headed further down the road of politicization inaugurated by QOS.

So it would seem...
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:46 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
What if it's MI6 politics instead of world politics? For example, members of parliament disagreeing over what to do with MI6. I could see McCrory and Finney opposing one another over the best course of action when they have no real grasp of the situation. Given the number of complaints about M being in the field visiting Bond, internal wrestling over the agency could be a nice way to remove her from the field and force Bond to act independently.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:11 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Given the number of complaints about M being in the field visiting Bond, internal wrestling over the agency could be a nice way to remove her from the field and force Bond to act independently.
But can Craig's Bond handle losing his training wheels? Baby steps, baby steps...
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 9:23 am

If you flipped a coin fifty times, and it always landed on heads, would you complain that it never landed on tails? And if you flipped that coin for a fifty-first time and it landed on tails, would you complain that it broke the strak of heads?

Because that's what you're doing here: everyone complains that M is too involved in Bond's assignments. An opportunity comes up for a plot point to address this and allow Bond to work on his own, exactly as demanded. Instead of embracing this, you instead complain that it is too much for him to handle.

Therefore, I can only surmise that Bond fans are only ever happy when they have something to complain about.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Skyfall casting updates EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
What if it's MI6 politics instead of world politics? For example, members of parliament disagreeing over what to do with MI6. I could see McCrory and Finney opposing one another over the best course of action when they have no real grasp of the situation. Given the number of complaints about M being in the field visiting Bond, internal wrestling over the agency could be a nice way to remove her from the field and force Bond to act independently.

Possibly.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:55 pm

I think it's far too early to assume we'll see more "propaganda" just because someone is playing a politician.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:06 am

Jack Wade wrote:
I think it's far too early to assume we'll see more "propaganda" just because someone is playing a politician.
And unlike Paul Haggis and IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH, Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and John Logan don't have a documented history of gleefully pissing out Hollywood liberalism onto anyone who forgets an umbrella. Peter Morgan was the only writer involved in SKYFALL who had any real political leanings, and they were mostly towards the Queen.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:18 am

Nah, Morgan was a pretty wooly limousine liberal too, just of the Brit variety. FROST/NIXON pussified Richard Nixon (like Spike Lee did before with Malcolm X), and turned him into the cuddly teddy bear the Hollywood crowd could embrace.

THE QUEEN was another stupid hagiography, sentimentalising the Royal Family. Don't get me started on that bulsh*t with the deer. .

It should have gone more like this:

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:37 pm

According to IMDBpro, another English actress is rumoured to be a part of Skyfall.

I'd love the inclusion of this actress, but how she'd fit in is beyond me. Then again, it is IMDB, so it's not exactly reliable...
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 pm

May?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyfall casting updates   Skyfall casting updates Empty

Back to top Go down

Skyfall casting updates
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next