These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:44 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
I really hope the title isn't actually going to be "Star Trek 2". I will flip shit.

I bet it's gonna to be something like:

CAPTAIN TIBERIUS KIRK RISES
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:45 am

Now that would be something to see. James T. Kirk's grandfather rising. Shatner's way into these films at last.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:16 am

STAR TREK #2.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:18 am

somehow that isn't as eye grabbing as Kirk's Dick Rises. Thank God for quick editing what :)

At least it won't have the digit in the title. Probably be known as Star Trek 2013 at some point. Isn't Star Trek sometimes Star Trek 2009 or something. Pah, who cares. Ramble, rhubarb, ramble.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:36 am

They are shooting at the Budweiser plant again. Geezus what morons!
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:38 am

When Orci said there'd be developments for the engineering room I didn't think it just was 'you see more of it'.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:41 am

trevanian wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

I try not to get sidetracked on things like this, but the whole industrial look doesn't work AT ALL.

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:42 am

Well, it could just be another ship ... maybe they encounter VforVisitors from 'our' timeline that come from 1983 ...
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 am

I don't know what'll piss me off more, the 200 beer vat warp reactors or nuScotty's assured buffoonery. I actively despise what they did with Scotty, and I'm sure we're gonna get some more "clever" and "funny" dialogue from Simon Pegg.

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I don't know what'll piss me off more, the 200 beer vat warp reactors or nuScotty's assured buffoonery.

both combined is both frightening and enough to drive me into a heart attack
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:45 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
trevanian wrote:

I try not to get sidetracked on things like this, but the whole industrial look doesn't work AT ALL.

It's not just that; the bridge looking like the cosmetics aisle at a Target store is just as wrongheaded ... you don't blind people in an environment where they need to be able to see stuff, and if you're not squinting here, you're dazzled by glare off the surfaces.

My feeling is that art direction on the abrams stuff is done with less taste than Berman/Lauritson had for dramatic music. And that's saying a mouthful.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:45 am

Hilly wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
I don't know what'll piss me off more, the 200 beer vat warp reactors or nuScotty's assured buffoonery.

Don't forget his adorable little Ewok sidekick! He makes my heart take leap!
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:47 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Hilly wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Don't forget his adorable little Ewok sidekick! He makes my heart take leap!

Christ I almost forgot.

He's going to be there isn't he, squinting away humping Uhura's leg.

Film could've been worse first time round, the novelisation on the last page had before the ship goes to warp Archer's beagle suddenly beaming in.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:48 am

You are shitting me!

Well, Foster had Kirk burping during a log entry in one of his TAS adaptations.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 am

trevanian wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
trevanian wrote:

It's not just that; the bridge looking like the cosmetics aisle at a Target store is just as wrongheaded ... you don't blind people in an environment where they need to be able to see stuff, and if you're not squinting here, you're dazzled by glare off the surfaces.

My feeling is that art direction on the abrams stuff is done with less taste than Berman/Lauritson had for dramatic music. And that's saying a mouthful.

It's just more of the complete lack of internal logic on these movies. There are no rules. "Oh, let's have more shuttles. We'll just arbitrarily quadruple the side of the ship."

"By the way, JJ. What are Starfleet cadets doing in Iowa?"
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 am

trevanian wrote:
You are shitting me!

Well, Foster had Kirk burping during a log entry in one of his TAS adaptations.

I wish I were. Along the words of "everyone turned in surprise....did not ask how a beagle suddenly materialised..." bla bla...Don't make me seek it out :)
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 am

The Enterprise just doesn't make sense size wise or anything.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:52 am

I like how Scotty says you can't beam anything more than 100 miles. a) Trek is metric, though I don't take TOS to task for that. b) Starships orbit at greater distances that that! Shit, the ISS is higher than 100 miles!
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:54 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I like how Scotty says you can't beam anything more than 100 miles. a) Trek is metric, though I don't take TOS to task for that. b) Starships orbit at greater distances that that! Shit, the ISS is higher than 100 miles!

it's almost original Galactica in its take on measurements. I get fuzzy about the whole thing but yeah the 100 miles...

Argh, Simon Pegg. Sorry hit me from aside
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:56 am

Hilly wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

it's almost original Galactica in its take on measurements. I get fuzzy about the whole thing but yeah the 100 miles...

Argh, Simon Pegg. Sorry hit me from aside

"I shoulda been Scotty! I'm even wearing red!"
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:57 am

:D

Winstone would've killed Abrams during the filming.

Wasn't James McAvoy 'rumoured' for Scotty? Dodged a bullet there
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Hilly wrote:

I thought their original plan was Ricky Gervais. If so, it lends even more proof that these guys are clueless or don't give a shit about getting Scotty right at all. That said, Gervais at least looks a little more right for it. Pegg is just a bonkers choice. It's like getting Chris Tucker to play Sisko. How about David Spade for Odo?

And while I'm dragging up points I've made before, WTF is with people saying Karl Urban is a perfect McCoy? How can anyone who has ever seen Star Trek say that?
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:02 pm

To be fair, the original trek writer's guide had a limit of 16,000 miles (yes, MILES) for beaming, which doesn't work for Clarke/synchronous orbits on an Earth size planet, which is about 22, 500 out from the surface.

to all you folks who have seen ENTERPRISE ... is the Scotty line violated there in terms of beaming? I mean, nothing in the abrams pic would have affected the 22nd century, right? (hard for me on some levels to believe I'm asking somebody else a question about TREK.)
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:05 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Hilly wrote:

I thought their original plan was Ricky Gervais. If so, it lends even more proof that these guys are clueless or don't give a shit about getting Scotty right at all. That said, Gervais at least looks a little more right for it. Pegg is just a bonkers choice. It's like getting Chris Tucker to play Sisko. How about David Spade for Odo?

And while I'm dragging up points I've made before, WTF is with people saying Karl Urban is a perfect McCoy? How can anyone who has ever seen Star Trek say that?

I think Urban is a good actor, based on a couple things I've seen him in. It might be that people don't realize how far off he is as McCoy because they didn't realize all the amazing stuff De did with those lines. But you can't force chemistry either, and even if they had a good script (hard to put those two words together in this thread) it still couldn't make chemistry between actors that just don't click together.

Last edited by trevanian on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:05 pm

trevanian wrote:
To be fair, the original trek writer's guide had a limit of 16,000 miles (yes, MILES) for beaming, which doesn't work for Clarke/synchronous orbits on an Earth size planet, which is about 22, 500 out from the surface.

to all you folks who have seen ENTERPRISE ... is the Scotty line violated there in terms of beaming? I mean, nothing in the abrams pic would have affected the 22nd century, right? (hard for me on some levels to believe I'm asking somebody else a question about TREK.)

Hmmm. There was an S4 episode called "Daedalus" where the inventor of the transporter was experimenting in beaming people from one world to another, with disasterous results.

I'd say they could beam people 100 miles for sure. And in the film, Scotty said it was the limit for something the size of a grapefruit. Maybe it's about beaming something small.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013   

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Into Darkness ::: May 17, 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: