More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

James Bond Youtube Thread

Go down 
+24
Blunt Instrument
hegottheboot
silvertoe
JMY
You don’t know me
Hilly
Denbigh
Walecs
Bond Fan 90
Makeshift Python
TedHeath
Mr. Trevelyan
MBalje
G section
GeneralGogol
Louis Armstrong
Largo's Shark
CJB
retrokitty
Drax
colly
Prince Kamal Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Lazenby.
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 1:18 am

Bless you. Set your treadmill for ten miles. smile

(I've clearly never used a treadmill!)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptySat May 02, 2020 12:37 am

Can't wait to check these out. Any intelligent Bond content on YT is rare. Don't worry about technical quality. I make videos talking into a mike and record the video on my phone and it takes me ages to edit on freeware software and upload so I don't get to make as many videos as others.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptySat May 02, 2020 10:01 am

thanks Boots, I seem to go into any YT vid with a plan and meander a little ha.

I'm up to OP but these videos aren't going anywhere once the Bondathon is over and if I get my job back.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2020 10:07 pm

The playlist is now up to VTAK

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx1a_5lWWsfKQgWCRwZ0jHjUAz3uNLGaB

I took a break from Bond today (catch on stuff and watch Homeland's finale) but will likely be done with the athon by Wednesday or Thursday. Videos won't be going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 10:24 am

So far up to Goldfinger but I'm enjoying these, Hilly. Very watchable!
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 12:31 pm

Thanks awfully Fields. Some of them are a bit off but will be working on GE/TND today and maybe TWINE/DAD tomorrow. Reckon I can get them all done by weekend.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 2:12 pm

Looking forward to the GE/TND ones in particular. Up to OHMSS now - been listening to them as I work. Nice to see a few of us get a mention!
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 2:42 pm

Cheque's in the mail. colgate Well, I figure might as well name drop. To anyone else watching I had a stroke. Spilling these names off. They pitch in length. OHMSS deserves as much as 20mins but some I ran out of steam. So long as a salient point is mentioned. I'll be working on TWINE/DAD after watching them largely as my eyes are playing up but thanks as always Fields.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptySat May 09, 2020 1:35 pm

Pleasure! As I say, they're very watchable. You're not talking from a place of arrogance, as most Youtubers tend to do, but from a place of absolute passion and knowledge of the films, and that makes it a joy to watch.

Up to TMWTGG. Looking forward to this, given your written reviews here. laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptySat May 09, 2020 4:35 pm

Bless you once more Fields. I was waiting for a deluge but I think I'm in that corner of Youtube that avoids it, ha. Though I'm plagued by spam bots at the moment.

It's all done now up to Spectre. All that's left is maybe a proper commentary of OHMSS or whatever. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 4:49 am

I'm up to Spy. Lovely to hear actual intelligent musings on youtube that aren't the same generic thing over and over. I plan on doing stuff on my own channel but that will probably run very, very long so I have to come up with a plan to do it first.

A friend of mine with a really great channel primarily devoted to the Criterion collection and art house/foreign films is going to be doing series related livestreams if you're interested. He's in Tokyo so because of the time difference I haven't caught most of his streams but even the finished versions are great. It was a nice surprise because he's always talking about Crterion and great arthouse titles and then suddenly started talking about OHMSS and decided to talk even more about the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugqRJzVRhsc
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 4:52 am

I just finished Spy myself. Your comment in the Golden Gun video is brilliant: "nowadays every girl wants to be him and every man wants to sleep with him!" ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 12:03 pm

I clean forgot I made that remark. I think by that point the film had done my head in slightly. Times change ha
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 11:50 pm

Well chaps I upped and did a live commentary of OHMSS on the lines of how Brosnan did GE the other week. Only trouble is I was doing it via my phone so there's some abrupt bits. I might set it up as a premiere Saturday. See how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 11:56 pm

Nice going Hilly!

Forgot to mention with one of your videos, you mentioned how Dalton got Bond after being offered for OHMSS and LALD, Brosnan after TLD... Moore did too after being considered for DN. If this kind of in-house casting consideration still occurs, Cavill really might stand a chance after Craig, having almost been cast in CR06.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 12:10 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Nice going Hilly!

Forgot to mention with one of your videos, you mentioned how Dalton got Bond after being offered for OHMSS and LALD, Brosnan after TLD... Moore did too after being considered for DN. If this kind of in-house casting consideration still occurs, Cavill really might stand a chance after Craig, having almost been cast in CR06.

I forgot to mention Moore and Dr No. I go into these vids with a plan and deviate, much like my bus tours! :)

Cavill turned 37 last week so he's bang in line age-wise for Bond and assume he gets cast, does...4-5 films he'll do well age-wise by the time he finishes. Brosnan was...51? Moore 56 and I have no idea how old Craig is.

I still hope for Das Fassbender but that's a bloody long shot.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 12:16 am

I'm holding out for 3 films for Fassbender but doubtful that will happen. They'd want someone for longer. I mean, if Babs and Craig is anything to go by....

I think Cavill is our best bet.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 12:21 am

Aye, I stand fully behind a Cavil Bond. Not er literally.

Not that Poldark bloke. I mean if the criteria is a shirtless figure, I'd give up on Bond rightaway.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 1:12 am

Ha, he seems a little too mousy for Bond. I don't see it. Cavill, however... After Man From UNCLE and Mission Impossible, I can see it. And not having to worry about an accent, he'd focus simply on emotionally connected to the material. He'd be great.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 1:21 am

Mousey is an understatement colgate Man gets his shirt off and everyone, or some go: "He should be Bond!"

I've not seen many Cavill films if any actually but clips and stills of things, he looks like he could at least personify Bond. I should get researching and give a more informed opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 5:02 am

Well, casting is all about finding the actor who most closely resembles a character in their real life. Hence why I think Lazenby's casting worked quite well. The confidence, physicality, womanising... Eon were right to not only cast him but offer him more. Perhaps his getting out after one mission highlights a connectedness to Fleming's Bond (the "if he fires me I'll think him for it!" attitude).

So with that in mind, I think Cavill is quite close to the mark. He also has a sense of humour and twinkle in the eye that suggests they'd up the joie de vivre aspect, which is vital to a Bond film and sorely missing nowadays. Perhaps he's little too bulky but then he could shed that.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu May 14, 2020 2:39 pm

Your version of an Octopussy theme song is excellent. Maybe even preferable to All Time High, really. laugh

Not sure I'm behind the Blondie theme. Lacks the Bondian punch that we'd still get with upbeat themes such as AVTAK and TLD. And I'm not sure Blondie is up to the task either. I like Easton's more romantic theme.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu May 14, 2020 3:13 pm

I guess it is an acquired taste the Blondie song. The Easton song doesn't sit right in my ears unfortunately. I think there was some story behind the Blondie song anyway, I'll have to dig about. Someone mocked it up to a Dalton FYEO credits, it works to a point.

Someone put up most of the rejected Bond songs such as Johnny Cash's Thunderball. Interesting the world of rejected scores and songs.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu May 14, 2020 8:05 pm

premiering Saturday night 2200 BST

time and date can be edited, the beauty of these things is that there's a life chat option. So at the very least folk can witness when my phone ran out of space, and when I ran out of wine. Ahem.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 15, 2020 4:19 am

Hilly wrote:
I guess it is an acquired taste the Blondie song. The Easton song doesn't sit right in my ears unfortunately. I think there was some story behind the Blondie song anyway, I'll have to dig about. Someone mocked it up to a Dalton FYEO credits, it works to a point.

Someone put up most of the rejected Bond songs such as Johnny Cash's Thunderball. Interesting the world of rejected scores and songs.

Johnny Cash's Thunderball? Thought Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was the only alternative to Jones' song. oh my!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Bond Youtube Thread   James Bond Youtube Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

James Bond Youtube Thread
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next