More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

British Politics thread

Go down 
+23
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
SarahN
Staugust
lachesis
Hilly
Campbell4
Salomé
CJB
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
j7wild
Gravity's Silhouette
saint mark
Control
tiffanywint
G section
jet set willy
Vesper
retrokitty
HJackson
Ravenstone
Blunt Instrument
Largo's Shark
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

British Politics thread - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 3:27 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 6:02 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
And what if he WERE a "far right fascist"? Is that really worse than the postmodern, anti-western communism bruited by the establishment?

Farage is not fascist at all, but that's by the by.

Free speech is for everyone or no-one. There’s no middle way.

I know he's not. Just pointing out the toxic radicalism of the mainstream Left, of which, Leftists are entirely oblivious. They actually think their deranged views are normal and moderate.

PS--It is precisely so-called "hate speech" that is the litmus test for free speech. Hence, it is the only speech genuinely requiring protection. If we don't have "hate speech," we don't have free speech.
Back to top Go down
Professor Train
Cipher Clerk
Professor Train

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 8:23 pm

This is my MP, Ian Paisley (North Antrim). Although I am a unionist, I did not vote for him or his party. This is the second major scandal (this time involving undeclared Sri Lankan holidays) he has been involved in (people seem to forget that there was an earlier one in 2007-08). He has just been given the longest suspension from the House of Commons since the current system was adopted in 1949.

There may be implications for the Brexit votes in the Commons as the Government depends on the 10 DUP MPs to hold its majority after the hung parliament that resulted after the disastrous 2017 General Election. Paisley has also been suspended indefinitely by his party, the DUP, pending a party inquiry. There is talk of a by-election for North Antrim, and he wishes to run again.

The North Antrim recall petition, 2018 is a recall petition for the United Kingdom parliamentary constituency of North Antrim, in Northern Ireland. The petition is the first of its kind in UK parliamentary history, under the Recall of MPs Act 2015.

More details on this ongoing political story here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44932312
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 7:13 pm

Really wish the wages of the MLAs who make up the NI Assembly would either be drastically slashed or stopped altogether, the lazy fuckers haven't turned up to work for more than 18 months now. But May is doubtless reluctant to upset the DUP due to the aforementioned depending on them for her majority, so the NI Secretary is powerless to act.

Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Professor Train
Cipher Clerk
Professor Train

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 10:39 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Really wish the wages of the MLAs who make up the NI Assembly would either be drastically slashed or stopped altogether, the lazy fuckers haven't turned up to work for more than 18 months now. But May is doubtless reluctant to upset the DUP due to the aforementioned depending on them for her majority, so the NI Secretary is powerless to act.

Pathetic.      

Couldn't agree more on that, BI, only I'd demand their wages be stopped altogether while the assembly is not running. After all, no one else gets paid for not turning up to work! They are a collective disgrace, a shame on Northern Ireland and cutting their wages is the only way to bang their heads together and get some sort of workable power-sharing deal in place.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 7:50 am

Would like to see an election here without the participation of the 2 parties who are (IMO) most mired in the past and use that to detrimentally influence the electorate (DUP and SF). It'd be interesting, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 4:54 pm

Well I have ancestors who directly suffered the last time "far right fascists" had any real power, so excuse my lack of patience for moral relativism in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Salomé wrote:
Well I have ancestors who directly suffered the last time "far right fascists" had any real power, so excuse my lack of patience for moral relativism in that regard.

There are far more people on the planet who have ancestors who directly suffered when communists were in power. And I dare say that communism is a far greater force and threat today than renascent Nazism. The Nazis, BTW, were neither conservative nor Leftist. They were sui generis, regardless of how much Leftists pretend Trump is like, ACTUALLY HITLER!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 8:17 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 9:41 pm

And this is why Trump's so refreshing. He's doing everything humanly possible to deliver on as many campaign promises as possible. The UK and Europe desperately need a big batch of Trumplets.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 9:14 am

Forget that Rees-Smogg dweeb, make this guy your next PM:

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 10:18 am

Rees-Mogg appears to have time-travelled here from the Victorian era somehow.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:40 pm

n

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 am

That song triggered me as an attack helicopter of colour.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 4:39 am

Corbyn: Jews who've lived here all their lives don't understand English culture

Also Corbyn: ISIS Bride is as English as vinegar on chips and must be allowed back into her Britannic motherland.

Say what you will about Trump but at least he's not a self-loathing Islamist sympathiser. Britain should be embarrassed that their alternative prime minister is a communist swine.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 10:33 am

To be fair, Corbyn is an alternative prime minister only in his (and his supporters) mind(s). Even with the Tories having seemingly bungled the Brexit negotiations, Labour has polled increasingly worse. If Labour cannot even get an increase in support when their main competition is a hopelessly divided Conservative Party, then you have to question the appeal of the leadership.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Love the way how Trump just shit all over Sadiq Khan

@SadiqKhan, who by all accounts has done a terrible job as Mayor of London, has been foolishly “nasty” to the visiting President of the United States, by far the most important ally of the United Kingdom. He is a stone cold loser who should focus on crime in London, not me......

Sadiq, you suck stir
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 8:30 pm

What do you lot think of Boris as a potential PM?

And will he succeed where Theresa failed? Mind you, her departure as PM has saddened me.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 8:32 pm

Don't get many people mourning Mrs May's departure. Boris? Wouldn't be the worst choice considering the other candidates. He sort of sees himself though as Churchill reincarnate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 10:00 am

A satirist I follow on Facebook described Gove a while back as looking like 'the product of a sympathy wank into a jelly mould'. Still makes me chuckle now.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 4:21 pm

Gove is just not inspiring in any form. Watching this thing on the BBC these past few weeks about Thatcher, got me thinking on the state of play today and what she'd make of this lot making a hash of things.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 9:02 pm

Hilly wrote:
Don't get many people mourning Mrs May's departure. Boris?

I know, but when she does, who can really fix the problems the new PM will inherit? Brexit won't go away. It's a bloody mess.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 9:05 pm

True, no one can sort out Brexit. I see the demonstrators outside Parliament everyday and there's all this stuff about betraying the country and so on. I will bet it'll rattle on until the next election.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 12:05 am

OMG...

The on-going circus with BREXIT and the House of Commons is just a bloody nightmare. Jeremy makes my stomach turn.

arse whip
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 8:21 am

The British establishment is never going to allow Brexit to peaceably occur. Not sure there's been a more wilful disregard for a crystal clear democratic mandate in living memory. I'll be very surprised if it occurs on the 31st of October as BoJo has promised and if it doesn't happen then I daresay it will never happen at all unless the millions who voted Leave get off their arses and fight for democracy with half as much gusto as the men and women of Hong Kong are doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: British Politics thread   British Politics thread - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

British Politics thread
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next