More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Badre

Badre

Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect Empty
PostSubject: Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect   Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect EmptyMon May 27, 2019 11:41 pm

YouTube channel Being James Bond are currently doing a James Bond movie retrospect so far they released Dr No and From Russia with Love.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect   Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect EmptyTue May 28, 2019 5:41 am

Thanks for posting! Halfway through the first video and the blind love for CR06 is concerning. Not sure how I'll manage to stomach that review/comparisons (which judging by the criteria, they shouldn't do) but I'm curious to hear their thoughts on the others.

I now regret suggesting you share this.  laugh  Brosnan had three great Bond films!

Great production values. The editing work in the opening teaser is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect   Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect EmptyThu May 30, 2019 1:14 am

Watched the Dr. No review. I agree with everything they say about that film, particularly in terms of supporting characters and their casting. They just got it so right with the likes of Bernard Lee, Lois Maxwell, Jack Lord (glad they think he is, uncontested, the best Leiter), Wiseman, etc. And the appreciation of Honey is great. Also enjoy (and agree with) the appreciation of the travelogue and espionage aspect of this character. And their politics I agree with also. So much about what is so great in DN, and how they find it agreeable, makes me so curious about how they will approach CR, considering it's by and large the antithesis of what James Bond is about, particularly in terms of characterisation, politics, genre, etc.

Love the trivia about the legendary Orson Welles stating the two great character introductions in cinema: Omar Sharif in Lawrence of Arabia, and Ursula Andress in Dr No.
Back to top Go down
Badre

Badre

PostSubject: Re: Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect   Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect EmptyThu May 30, 2019 4:25 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Watched the Dr. No review. I agree with everything they say about that film, particularly in terms of supporting characters and their casting. They just got it so right with the likes of Bernard Lee, Lois Maxwell, Jack Lord (glad they think he is, uncontested, the best Leiter), Wiseman, etc. And the appreciation of Honey is great. Also enjoy (and agree with) the appreciation of the travelogue and espionage aspect of this character. And their politics I agree with also. So much about what is so great in DN, and how they find it agreeable, makes me so curious about how they will approach CR, considering it's by and large the antithesis of what James Bond is about, particularly in terms of characterisation, politics, genre, etc.

Love the trivia about the legendary Orson Welles stating the two great character introductions in cinema: Omar Sharif in Lawrence of Arabia, and Ursula Andress in Dr No.

They did a review of CR a couple of years ago, however they'll talk about it again for this retrospective.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect   Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect EmptyThu May 30, 2019 5:32 am

Hopefully they've built it up so much in the heads that after watching 20 superior Bond films they'll see it  for what it really is. tongue

Are you up to date with their reviews? I've yet to watch their FRWL video.
Back to top Go down
Badre

Badre

PostSubject: Re: Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect   Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect EmptyFri May 31, 2019 11:58 pm

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Hopefully they've built it up so much in the heads that after watching 20 superior Bond films they'll see it  for what it really is. tongue

Don't hold your breath, most Bond fans consider CR a good film whether you like it or not.tongue
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect   Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 12:06 am

I'd rather hold my breath than listen to that nonsense! wink

I checked out the FRWL review. Again, I really agree with their assessment, though not with one of the reviewers' lower score. Also good to see the enthusiasm for Arnold's score in TND. Never really thought of the airport scene as a musical throwback to the early Connery years, but I'd absolutely agree.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect   Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Here's the Goldfinger one. Refreshing look at the Pussy Galore seduction scene, which pops up a couple of times throughout. Really dig the reviewer's reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect   Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect Empty

Back to top Go down

Being James Bond's James Bond Retrospect
Page 1 of 1