More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Are You the Q I'm Looking For?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Are You the Q I'm Looking For? Empty
PostSubject: Are You the Q I'm Looking For?   Are You the Q I'm Looking For? EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 8:59 pm

The Spy Who Hired Me: MI6 chief posts job advert for real life 'Q'
The new hire won't kit out Aston Martins and make exploding pens, but will be the agency's technology mastermind.

Quote :
MI6 is looking for a new "Q" to be the intelligence agency's technology mastermind, Britain's spy chief says.

Richard Moore, the head of MI6, tweeted: "We're looking for a new 'Q'. If you want to serve your country by helping MI6 to develop the operational technology of the future, please take a look."

Q is the gadget guru in the James Bond films - but the intelligence agency has adopted the name.

https://twitter.com/ChiefMI6/status/1387679757119246339?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1387679757119246339%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.sky.com%2Fstory%2Fthe-spy-who-hired-me-mi6-chief-posts-job-advert-for-real-life-q-12290611

In the Bond films, Q has kitted 007 out with a host of gadgets, from cars with ejector seats to an exploding pen.

While the real job may not involve kitting out Aston Martins, designing flame throwers or watches with lasers, the job advert states the new recruit will oversee teams developing tech for operations against the UK's "hardest adversaries".

Advertisement
"You are Q," the advert says.

"More formally, you are Director General Q, one of the deputies to the Chief of MI6 (C).

Q has been played by Desmond Llewlyn, Ben Whishaw, Geoffrey Bayldon and John Cleese in the Bond films, but in 2017 it was disclosed that the real job was held by a woman.

Mr Moore tweeted the job advert out as part of a recent recruitment drive on his account.

In 2020, he said he would try and persuade some of his Twitter followers to work for MI6.

The closing date to apply to be the new Q is 26 May.

Well, "You are Q" strikes me more for Star Trek TNG but long gone are the old ways of hiring I suppose.

According to other news stories about this, there were a few typos and so on in this advert.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Are You the Q I'm Looking For?   Are You the Q I'm Looking For? EmptySat May 01, 2021 1:07 am

Hilly wrote:
...developing tech for operations against the UK's "hardest adversaries".

Judging by Dick Moore's recent wokery, I'm guessing these adversaries are heteronormativity, white privilege, and the dreaded patriarchy.

Major Boothroyd probably regrets not defecting to the East.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Are You the Q I'm Looking For?   Are You the Q I'm Looking For? EmptySat May 01, 2021 11:14 am

'Do you think you would be capable of not batting an eyelid when, 3 years after being told that your department won't be 'going in' for exploding pens and the like, you're asked to come up with an exploding watch?'

'Yes'.

'You're hired!'
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Are You the Q I'm Looking For?   Are You the Q I'm Looking For? EmptySat May 01, 2021 9:41 pm

Might both be right lads. Though I think I might as well have a crack. Saying SIS in recent years have left top secret stuff on trains and fouled up on a few things, can't be that bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are You the Q I'm Looking For?   Are You the Q I'm Looking For? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are You the Q I'm Looking For?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: