More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Question about TAXI DRIVER

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Question about TAXI DRIVER Empty
PostSubject: Question about TAXI DRIVER   Question about TAXI DRIVER EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Is there an editing problem at the end?

Travis shoots the Indian outside with his pearl handle nickel plated .38 snub.

He goes inside and shoots the "money man" with the .44 Magnum - ONCE.

the Indian has now come inside and he shoots Travis in the neck and Travis turns around and shoots the Indian again with the .44 Magnum - ONCE.

Then he drops the .44 Magnum and goes back to the pearl handle nickel plated .38 snub.

That .44 Magnum holds 6 rounds so he had 4 rounds left but he dropped it as it was empty;

I've seen this movie many times and the shootout scene from the time Travis goes into the building to the time he runs out of ammo and he has killed everyone, it seems like it's mis-edited or something is missing.

Question about TAXI DRIVER 7738cc165049613
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Question about TAXI DRIVER   Question about TAXI DRIVER EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Maybe there were two shots from the .44 were edited from the final cut (perhaps slowed the pacing down), or Travis fired two practice rounds beforehand to get to gear himself up. It's also possible the Magnum jammed (it's not usual for the operating handle to get stuck) or that Travis forgot that there were two rounds left (in those kinda situations, you don't always do the most rational things).

Either way, it's a minor goof.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Question about TAXI DRIVER   Question about TAXI DRIVER EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:54 am

j7wild wrote:
Is there an editing problem at the end?

Travis shoots the Indian outside with his pearl handle nickel plated .38 snub.

He goes inside and shoots the "money man" with the .44 Magnum - ONCE.

the Indian has now come inside and he shoots Travis in the neck and Travis turns around and shoots the Indian again with the .44 Magnum - ONCE.

Then he drops the .44 Magnum and goes back to the pearl handle nickel plated .38 snub.

That .44 Magnum holds 6 rounds so he had 4 rounds left but he dropped it as it was empty;

I've seen this movie many times and the shootout scene from the time Travis goes into the building to the time he runs out of ammo and he has killed everyone, it seems like it's mis-edited or something is missing.

Question about TAXI DRIVER 7738cc165049613

Travis had quite an arsenal on him. I think his only concern was taking out "the scum, the C***S, the dogs, the filth, the shit"--and he did. Dropping the Magnum prematurely could have been due to editing, but I wouldn't call this a mistake. Surely it's not against the rules to change weapons when annihilating your enemies. laugh

I know the color was fucked with at the ending. Perhaps they cut a bit of the violence down, too. I'm not sure.

Regardless, it doesn't make the film any less brilliant. I'd even say that the minor continuity errors and raw editing style add to the film's grittiness (a term overused today, but describes this film perfectly).
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Question about TAXI DRIVER   Question about TAXI DRIVER EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:47 am

well, I'm just saying that if there was an editing problem, then that .44 was empty.

but if there wasn't, then he would had dropped a .44 that still had 4 rounds in it.

I think with the stopping power a .44 has, at close range, he would had been able to take out the remaining bad guys with only one shot each.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Question about TAXI DRIVER   Question about TAXI DRIVER EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:59 am

Who cares? Show me Christina Hendrick's tits.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about TAXI DRIVER   Question about TAXI DRIVER Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about TAXI DRIVER
Page 1 of 1