More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!

Go down 
+9
tiffanywint
bondfan06
Gravity's Silhouette
GeneralGogol
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
FourDot
Makeshift Python
Prisoner Monkeys
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! Empty
PostSubject: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=viuseoj16ek

Okay, so it's not a lot of footage, but it is there.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:40 am

I thought you meant actual footage, as straight from the camera used by Deakins. Oh well. Behind the scenes footage is good too.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:55 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
I thought you meant actual footage, as straight from the camera used by Deakins.
I don't think they'll release a moment of that until the trailers. Unless Deakins shoots the production diaries.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:58 am

Closest that ever happened was seeing a monitor displayed on the set showing the boat chase footage for QOS.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:49 am

Well, you can look through the viewfinder and determine that the film has at least one high angle of someone sitting in a corner. At least I think that's what it is.

Either way, an intriguing set. A bit Scaramanga-fun-house-ish.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Actually, I think he's just hidden behind a giant animated advertising screen rather than being in the funhouse. The image projected onto the screen behind him seems to be consistent with the logo of a company spotted on sets that are possibly set in China.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Anyone else think the bloke with the rifle looks a bit like Bardem?
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:24 pm

I think it's Ola Rapace.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:16 am

Jack Wade wrote:
I think it's Ola Rapace.

That's what I think too. He does resemble Bardem a bit, and I wouldn't be surprised if their characters are relatives or something.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:34 am

Brothers Spang!
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:39 am

GeneralGogol wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
I think it's Ola Rapace.

That's what I think too. He does resemble Bardem a bit, and I wouldn't be surprised if their characters are relatives or something.

I mentioned the same thing in this thread on Nov 7th, 2011:

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t965-skyfall-casting-updates

There are some pictures where Bardem and Rapace look like identical triplets. Believe me now or believe me later, that ain't a coincidence. EON is up to something with the casting of Rapace; they're trying to pull a fast one on us, like when Sean Bean turned out to be Janus or Sophie Marceau turned out to be the real villain.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:46 am

I think having them as relatives is a bit too close to the Greene/Elvis relationship in QUANTUM OF SOLACE - even if that relationship only existed on paper.

I could see Rapace as a body double of Bardem. Or maybe as a "Dread Pirate Roberts" type, where they both use the same name because that name is like a brand-name for their activities.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:07 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
I think having them as relatives is a bit too close to the Greene/Elvis relationship in QUANTUM OF SOLACE - even if that relationship only existed on paper.

I could see Rapace as a body double of Bardem. Or maybe as a "Dread Pirate Roberts" type, where they both use the same name because that name is like a brand-name for their activities.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I suspect that Rapace's casting is meant to be a distraction to the audience. A bait n' switch. Somehow, someway, we're supposed to be taken in by this cinematic slight of hand. As you said, he could be a body double for Bardem's character (makes a lot of sense); perhaps he's a clone of Bardem's character. We'll see, but it's been fun so far speculating about the film;we know almost nothing, and the secrecy about the film is on par with PROMETHEUS.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:09 am

Dear God. Please no clones.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:42 am

I second that motion.

But I don't think EON would go with clones. If they are indeed trying to pull a fast one on us, I think Bardem/Rapace will either be a) related, b) body doubles or c) the Dread Pirate Roberts.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 1:58 am

Sharky wrote:
Brothers Spang!

I wouldn't mind Jack and Serraffimo Spang being played by Bardem and Rapace but I doubt it will happen unless Fiennes turns out to be the primary antagonist and they are working for him.

However, by the looks of it so far I suppose Bardem will have much larger and prominent role than Fiennes.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:18 am

Bardem has been confirmed as the primary antagonist.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:17 am

Yup. Even if Fiennes is Blofeld that would only mean Bardem is of the Dr. No/Klebb/Largo variety. The man who oversees the scheme.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:22 am

Fiennes isn't Blofeld. Apparently he gave an interview to a French newspaper this week where he said something that literally translated as "I will not be caressing a white cat". The obvious intention is that he will not be Blofeld, but some idiot over at MI6 thinks that this is proof Fiennes is Blofeld because, according to him, Blofeld does not "caress" cats, and so long as Ralph Fiennes continues to use adjectives that do not describe the proper handling of cats by Blofeld, he is Blofeld.

I have never wanted to punch someone through the internet more than I did when I read that idiotic statement. I'll give you three guesses who said it, but I bet you'll only need two.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:30 am

I said "if". So far from what I've read he often dodged answering the question, never confirming, and certainly never flat out denying that he'll play Blofeld. If he really isn't, why shouldn't he just say that he isn't? "I will not be caressing a white cat" isn't a solid answer, for all we know he could be playing a Blofeld that doesn't have a cat at all. Makes sense to do that as a way of avoiding the Dr. Evil image.

Anyway, I don't believe he will play Blofeld, but I am suspicious given Fiennes wouldn't give a straight answer..
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:51 am

"I will not be caressing a white cat" was the literal translation of the interview after it had been put through something like Babelfish or Google Translate and then assembled into something resembling a coherent sentence.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:46 pm

I think that Fiennes "not stroking a cat" response is just a fancy actor's way of saying he's not playing Blofeld. Such an answer is far more urbane, far more droll, far wittier than a simple "No." Actors - they're all drama queens.

As much as I would like to see Blofeld back, there is just nothing yet to support the notion. Nothing to hang one's hat on.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:31 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
I think that Fiennes "not stroking a cat" response is just a fancy actor's way of saying he's not playing Blofeld. Such an answer is far more urbane, far more droll, far wittier than a simple "No." Actors - they're all drama queens.

As much as I would like to see Blofeld back, there is just nothing yet to support the notion. Nothing to hang one's hat on.

And yet EON has refused to discuss anything about the villain. Going into every Bond film since 1984, I've always known the gist of the plot and who the villains were by name and by actor. SKYFALL is the first film where I know zilch...zero....nada. There's a reason why some of the relevant plot details are being left out, and I'm betting that it's because we're getting a villain we're familiar with either from the Craig series, or one that fans would recognize but not a villain that has been formally introduced in the Craig timeline.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:47 pm

There's a reason why things are happening the way they are - Sam Mendes. Apparently he's going to extraordinary lengths to keep things quiet.

I get the sense that all of the actors at the press conference were given details of what they could and could not discuss with the press, but they could only discuss it if they were asked. They weren't really allowed to volunteer new information, even if it was something they could say, unless they were asked first. And they all played along with it. The problem is that Baz Bamigboye was trying to lead Naomie Harris into admitting she was playing Miss Moneypenny, and so that was the direction the conference headed in. We could have had more information, but Bamigboye was a dick about it. On the one hand, I like that we don't know much about SKYFALL. On the other hand, I'm irritated that Bamigboye hijacked the press conerence.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:51 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

It didn't exist on paper at all. It was something between the two actors who wanted to create a relationship between their characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!   First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage! Empty

Back to top Go down

First behind the scenes SKYFALL footage!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Skyfall (2012) :: News, Interviews and Tabloid Rumours-
Jump to: