More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Hats off! Pants too, if you like....

Go down 
+8
CJB
Moore
lalala2004
Fairbairn-Sykes
Lazenby.
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Hilly
retrokitty
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  Empty
PostSubject: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:47 pm

So, to whoever put this site together and set up all the areas (Tux? Lazenby?).... Thanks. It was pretty nice to get an invite, see something a bit familiar, easy to navigate and yet refreshingly unmodded (for now?)

Just wondering if there is a thread I'm missing about who's running the joint and how this all happened... whose backs are we to slap? whose names do we toast with our cold martinis tonight?

Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:51 pm

laugh double posting...

Anyone at all worried that there will be new members here that will report back to the old place. I think we all have friends with mods back there but I ain't saying nuttin'.

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:55 pm

retrokitty wrote:
laugh double posting...

Anyone at all worried that there will be new members here that will report back to the old place. I think we all have friends with mods back there but I ain't saying nuttin'.

I'm a little concerned. There is precedent. If I'm not mistaken Studio B got back to the other place (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and even that 00 section didn't stay on the QT for long. I only contacted Bong and I doubt he'll go running to Luds et al.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:00 am

Apparently, a year ago or so, Lazenby, M and The Man From Del Ponte decided to create a forum which allowed the freedom of speech, permitted the use of copyrighted material, etc. Lazenby then sent pms out to some people, but it didn't really kick off. Still wanting to maintain the idea of a more mature Bond board, and with what happened at MI6, it was decided that we make use of this board, inviting many veterans and other members who displayed maturity, knowledge and respect. Henceforth, your invitation was sent, along with some others. :)
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:05 am

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t91p15-refugees?sid=766d2292d67b5e7dd6ebf84bb6cba13f#309

As far as the top brass at MI6 go, while it would be best not to alert them to our presence here, I honestly can't see them stopping us anyway if push comes to shove. A quick pm to M and he'll likely have any copyright stuff here took down in a flash. Still, I think that if MI6 had cared for the in-depth contributions of the people here, they wouldn't have aimed for the Facebook crowd with their new format. One sentence random posts are their forte now, so I'd guess that they were maybe fully prepared to risk losing us lot from their site.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:06 am

Hilly wrote:

I'm a little concerned. There is precedent. If I'm not mistaken Studio B got back to the other place (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and even that 00 section didn't stay on the QT for long. I only contacted Bong and I doubt he'll go running to Luds et al.

Yes, that's what happened there if I recall. Studio B was a real thorn in their sides for a while -- anyone caught recruiting were treated like kids with their hands in the cookie jar.

We were all treated like kids.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:15 am

Thanks for the explanation. So the M here is not the M of MI6 forums then?

Anyway, thanks, Lazenby (and the mysterious M)... this really has made my day.

Also, what is Studio B?
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:33 am

Studio B was Brown's film forum. Some people had their PMs frozen at MI6 for sending invites to it. Wasn't even a Bond forum.

Not much they can do to us here, but I won't tell anyone.

I think someone already posted a link at MI6book, though.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:38 am

Whoever that someone is should remove the link.... if Samuel sniffs around here the admins and mods will know immediately.

This feels weird to me because I'm good friends with at least five of the mod team... But mum's the word about this site.

Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:45 am

Well, someone sniffed around, there is a F***ING link to it on the MI6 site under the name PROBLEM with a troll face. Now what?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:49 am

Moore wrote:
Well, someone sniffed around, there is a F***ING link to it on the MI6 site under the name PROBLEM with a troll face. Now what?

just saw that. Bloody hell. Here we go again.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:50 am

Who the f*ck is Problem.... ? :x
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 am

Upsetting. I like how the site is already. Even if it stayed like this it would be perfect. The members here are intelligence, fun, smart, etc. The discussion already has been vibrant and fantastic. However, I suppose it was inevitable. Hopefully, this wonderful set up can be maintained.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 am

Moore wrote:

Ah F*** you're right, what the hell?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:52 am

If only there was a way of shutting him down, Problem that is.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:53 am

retrokitty wrote:
Who the f*ck is Problem.... ? :x

I tried sending an inbox message trying to figure it out, but I got no reply yet. :evil:
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:54 am

:x

Last edited by Moore on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:55 am

Hilly wrote:

Problem solving?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:55 am

CJB wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Problem solving?

yes...Problem eliminating -more like.

er... :x
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:56 am

I laughed at his avatar, though. laugh
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:57 am

It's been removed. I tried to post "and who are you?" and got a response that I didn't have permission to post.

The post was removed. Now to figure out who the mole is.

Some forums have a membership permission thingy. Maybe there can be a referral made... Like if Daniel did want to join, I'd tell the admin (Lazenby) and Daniel would be accepted. If the admin is not aware of the referral then no way.

Otherwise we'll have the same problems as before with Ambler scaring the kiddies.

Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:57 am

Hilly wrote:
Moore wrote:

Well, I've just asked him/her very politely to delete/edit/remove it. Whether he/she does that or not will determine whether or not they exist solely to cause trouble for others who have done nowt to harm them. Shame that it's possibly someone who was trusted and respected enough to be invited here, yet they repay that respect by doing that.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:58 am

Well, since I panicked when I saw it, I shot off a PM saying that he should reconsider it. I went back and checked and they are gone. I never got a response. Either the person listened or the mods did a pretty damn quick cleanup. Either way it works in our favor I suppose.

Judging by the S*** layout, I doubt the mods would have realized it for months until they sifted through tons of Facebook chat...er... posts.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:00 am

Lazenby. wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Moore wrote:

Well, I've just asked him/her very politely to delete/edit/remove it. Whether he/she does that or not will determine whether or not they exist solely to cause trouble for others who have done nowt to harm them. Shame that it's possibly someone who was trusted and respected enough to be invited here, yet they repay that respect by doing that.

Perhaps the outpouring of PM's made whoever it was realize it.

In addition to the policy idea listed above about inviting people only through members already here, perhaps a PM to a new member about adhering to a strict privacy policy and secrecy would be good. Not that it will be bulletproof or actually work, but just to let new members realize that we are trying to keep this mum at the moment
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:46 am

Moore wrote:
F*** 'em.

And I'm really digging this place. I hope it blossoms with more Refugees and new members.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hats off! Pants too, if you like....    Hats off! Pants too, if you like....  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hats off! Pants too, if you like....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next