More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Oscars are bullshit.

Go down 
+11
Gravity's Silhouette
saint mark
bondfan06
HJackson
j7wild
Control
Hilly
Harmsway
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
The White Tuxedo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Sharky wrote:
Anyone else got any plans?

I'll miss it as well. I'll be robbing the nominees' houses.

The only art they have are portraits of themselves.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Just got word, I'm rehearsing 5-8PM on Sunday. At the worst I'll miss the beginning of the Oscars.

*Tebow*
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Is that Pacific Time?
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:18 pm

I'll be probably watching it when I find a channel that does give me that ability. I believe one channel that does show it, usually behind a scrambler, have decided that all digital viewers get to watch the show for free if you do not have a subscription.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Sharky wrote:
Is that Pacific Time?

Eastern. I'm in Kentucky these days. I'll be back in LA later this year.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:19 pm

saint mark wrote:
I'll be probably watching it when I find a channel that does give me that ability. I believe one channel that does show it, usually behind a scrambler, have decided that all digital viewers get to watch the show for free if you do not have a subscription.

Probably Sky here with some studio based thing with talking heads here in Blighty banging on about nothing of great interest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Hilly wrote:
saint mark wrote:

Probably Sky here with some studio based thing with talking heads here in Blighty banging on about nothing of great interest.

I used to watch it on the BBC, with Jonathan Ross around it was quite amusing.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:34 pm

saint mark wrote:
Hilly wrote:
saint mark wrote:

Ditto, it ws better that way. No commercials getting in the way, amusing to watch Ross trying to plug the gaps. Doubt it'll ever come back to the Beeb. Shame, Mark Kermode could front it. Just rant and rave about things.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Hilly wrote:
saint mark wrote:
Hilly wrote:
saint mark wrote:

Ditto, it ws better that way. No commercials getting in the way, amusing to watch Ross trying to plug the gaps. Doubt it'll ever come back to the Beeb. Shame, Mark Kermode could front it. Just rant and rave about things.

I would watch that with Kermode.

But I fear that commercial television will not release the Oscar show to the public television.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Jonathon Woss and Mark Kermode. My idea of hell.

I want to see Jonathan Meades host the BAFTAs, or something.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Ah, Jonathan Meades.

Thank God your idea of hell cannot be realised.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Which one?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:58 pm

We'll play it safe...and say, all of them.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:01 pm

I wasn't being sarcastic suggesting Jonathon Meades. I love the guy.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Sharky wrote:
I wasn't being sarcastic suggesting Jonathon Meades. I love the guy.

I realise this. Indeed his recent programme on France was quite something.

Referred more to Kermode than anything. I guess or they are on different planes.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Sacha Baron Cohen Banned from Oscars   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:01 pm

I saw the trailer for his new film, THE DICTATOR, when it came out a few weeks ago, and I thought parts of it were really strong...and really weak. Here, in his new video to address his being banned from the Oscars (because of fears he'd dress up as his character from THE DICTATOR), he really nails it. The video is 1:29 minutes, and he manages to get in some really funny swipes at Hollywood, which is clearly showing that they have no sense of humor. Hollywood has no problem mocking our values and turning up their noses at those of us in The South or in "fly-over country", but when it comes to their own image they appear to be thin-skinned and defensive.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/sacha-baron-cohen-as-the-dictator-comments-on-oscars-ban/
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Don't really care.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Planet of the Rapes.

Must shop that to Dreamworks.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Planet of the Rapes.

Must shop that to Dreamworks.

Or When Harry Kidnapped Sally.

One of Borat's favorite films was the "sex-comedy" THE ACCUSED.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:35 pm

He does take a very good pisstake on Hollywoods overreaction. His dictator is promesing.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:32 pm

I like this Cohen. I can't sit through his movies, but I like him.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:32 pm

the Oscars may be BS but the dinners....

I would love to be at the dinners!!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2012/02/1450-pounds-of-lobster-wolfgang-pucks-governors-ball-menu-and-shopping-list/
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:49 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I like this Cohen. I can't sit through his movies, but I like him.

We could probably merge this thread with the "Oscars are BS" thread; I didn't see that thread when I created this one.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:26 pm

j7wild wrote:
the Oscars may be BS but the dinners....

I would love to be at the dinners!!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2012/02/1450-pounds-of-lobster-wolfgang-pucks-governors-ball-menu-and-shopping-list/

And Jessica Chastain's red velvet cake will be dessert for one lucky Hollywood metrosexual.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:35 pm

I use to watch the Oscars until a few years ago.

I think the ceremony has gotten too long with too many commercials and long speeches in the first 90% of the show and then, toward the end when the Best Picture and Best Director winners are announced;

all of a sudden, they are out of time, so let's rush through those 2 categories and rudely interrupt the speech of the winners so we can end the show; of course they will take a long commercial break before returning with the end credits.

I think the Oscars can use much much better time management.

So to me nowadays, it's easier to just not watch it and check the internet from time to time throughout the night (I usually use IMDB) for an update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oscars are bullshit.   The Oscars are bullshit. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Oscars are bullshit.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next