More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The X-Men Series

Go down 
+15
Control
Jack Wade
MBalje
lachesis
Fairbairn-Sykes
Harmsway
Prisoner Monkeys
Makeshift Python
Hilly
The White Tuxedo
Largo's Shark
Drax
bitchcraft
Salomé
tiffanywint
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

The X-Men Series - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 am

Harmsway wrote:
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST will be directed by Bryan Singer.

Shitty.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:51 am

Will probably be better than the last one, then.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:01 am

I'm fine with Singer returning.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:05 am

Considering he directed the only two X-MEN flicks I like. Though my problem with FIRST CLASS are simply that they crammed too much into it.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:45 am

Singer's a good fit for this franchise.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Singer knows his X-Men. Good safe reliable pick.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:09 am

Harmsway wrote:
Singer's a good fit for this franchise.

I agree. I think he finds the perfect pitch and balance for X-MEN.

I hope this movie has Gambit, BTW. Frak the WOLVERINE flick.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:19 pm

Trailer for THE WOLVERINE is up.

Looks like it could be good, I'll wait and see. I still haven't seen ORIGINS.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:36 pm

ORIGINS was awful. This doesn't look like anything special either, but still looks a million times better than ORIGINS.

I am also excited for SInger's return to the director's chair in next year's DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, a time-travel story that will serve as a sequel to both FIRST CLASS and THE LAST STAND.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
ORIGINS was awful. This doesn't look like anything special either, but still looks a million times better than ORIGINS.

I am also excited for SInger's return to the director's chair in next year's DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, a time-travel story that will serve as a sequel to both FIRST CLASS and THE LAST STAND.

This really, though I have to concede being increasingly bored/fed up by the emphasis placed on the Wolverine and Magneto characters in this franchise (not just on film).
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 pm

I have thought that the films have been at their best when addressing the Xavier and Magneto relationship, although I have always criticized the fact that the de facto lead character of the franchise, Cyclops, was totally pushed to the background before being given a total redshirt death.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Yeah, Cyclops was also completely missing for the entire second act of X2 (as a result of deleting a subplot of course). THE LAST STAND would have been a good opportunity to showcase Cyclops rising to the challenge as the leader after Xavier's death, but Halle Berry had more clout than Mardsen.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:45 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
This doesn't look like anything special either, but still looks a million times better than ORIGINS.
It mgiht look better than ORIGINS, but it still looks horrible.

I was excited for this film when it was first announced. Jackman's great in the role, and Darren Aronofsky handling Claremont and Miller's original material was an intriguing idea, the kind that could have been something more than a comic book movie.

But all Im seeing is two guys fighting atop a bullet train, and my interest died pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:09 am

Colour me apprehensive but intrigued at this point.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
I have thought that the films have been at their best when addressing the Xavier and Magneto relationship, although I have always criticized the fact that the de facto lead character of the franchise, Cyclops, was totally pushed to the background before being given a total redshirt death.

I agree but I find the bias given to it demands so much of the series that the real casualty is the ability of any other interesting aspect or character to get a look in. As you point out cyclops had the potential to really shine but it seems the films are too focussed on a very limited subset of the characters to dare to take that forward.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:49 pm

It looks better than "Origins", but that is very faint praise.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:54 pm

A colonoscopy by chainsaw looks better than ORIGINS.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Favourite Prodigy record is still Music for the Jilted Generation.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Longer trailer of Wolverine 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEbzZP-_Ssc

Fox found there new Die Another Day mixed Batman Begins.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:45 am

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/10-moments-wolverine-trailer-stole-from-batman-begins/
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:34 am

I'll still be giving this one a chance...if it's loosely based on the hit 1982 Wolverine mini-series done by Frank Miller.

And for those of you interested, Marvel recently launched its new Wolverine series...I believe it's Volume 3.

Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Exclusive new pic of Wolverine

:twisted:
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 7:23 pm

That's not a wolverine.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 7:24 pm

More...more, a space hopper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:06 am

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

Doing my X-Men countdown for the upcoming WOLVERINE flick. Naturally I enjoyed the first two, haven't changed my opinion on them. THE LAST STAND is one I've never revisited much. It pissed me off so much in theaters with its handling of the characters, the stories not playing out well, and that it just feels like a dumbed down studio take after the first two films. I don't mind this third entry going bigger than the last two. I think that was appropriate, but it goes the most obvious route where studios always demand "we need an action beat, it's been ten minutes too long". This is probably my third viewing ever of this flick (the first in theaters, then rental right when the DVD came out). I probably enjoyed it a little better this time but still not enough to get me into the flick. Killing off Xavier doesn't bother me so much now, though I think it should have been done differently. Scott Summers killed? Inexcusable. After a chuck of his scenes got cut out in X2, it was time for him to get more focus, especially with the Phoenix story in play. But no, Halle Berry demanded more screentime. :x Hated the treatment of characters beyond bad deaths. Rogue, who is now just passive aggressive and thrown aside for a whole chunk of the flick. Stuff like Xavier giving up on Cyclops so casually "aw fuck it, he's gone". Great to see Iceman in action, though he's no better in the more "dramatic bits" playing the idiot boyfriend. Magneto abandoning Mystique, "you're not one of us, bye". I can't buy that. Worse, Mystique, after taking a bullet for Magneto, then goes to the government to give up his hideaway. UGH. So frustrating. Then there's the dialogue, dumbed down to bad one-liners. "Wolverine. I hear you're quite the animal." "Look who's talking." They just come out of nowhere. Overall, it's watchable as a summer blockbuster tentpole, but I hate the treatment of the characters too much to really get into it. I will say now that it's better than its 2006 summer competitor SUPERMAN RETURNS, just for the fact that it at least tries to be a fun spectacle.

This will probably be the last time I see this in a very long time. Doubtful I'll include it in the countdown next year when DAYS OF FUTURE PAST comes around. Up next, X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE. This will be my first ever viewing of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The X-Men Series   The X-Men Series - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The X-Men Series
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next