More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

General Movie News

Go down 
+23
saint mark
j7wild
tiffanywint
Hilly
Manhunter
Gravity's Silhouette
Makeshift Python
UndiscoveredCountry
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
CJB
Jack Wade
The White Tuxedo
trevanian
Control
bondfan06
Largo's Shark
Ravenstone
Klown
Salomé
colly
retrokitty
Fairbairn-Sykes
FourDot
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

General Movie News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Guy's got to have a reason to go on a hilariously awesome murderous rampage - so what it if there's a "gritty" opening?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 5:00 pm

colly wrote:
Guy's got to have a reason to go on a hilariously awesome murderous rampage.

Sure, but it doesn't have to be so depressing.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Anybody know when the trailer for "A Dangerous Method" is coming out? IMDB says the film's completed - we should have had a trailer by now...
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Sharky wrote:

Looks like it does to me. What's with all that portentous crap with the baby, and the whole 'dark and gritty' look?

Dear Sharky: Don't judge films you've never seen.

Hobo with a Shotgun does NOT, in ANY way take itself seriously. It's completely ridiculous, over the top, insane, and sold entirely on the strength of Rutger Hauer's performance, a rock in a sea of intentionally bad acting. It is a loving tribute to the Troma terrible films of the cheap video rental 80s era, far better than any of the other neo-Grindhouse films made yet.

How can you call the film's look "dark and gritty" when it is one of the most rainbow colour filled films I've seen this decade -- each shot has intense yellows, blues, reds, etc -- it looks like 16mm Kodak colour reversal at times. It's bold in its complete rejection of the bland, monochromatic "realistic" style of lighting currently choking cinematography at the moment. It has a ludicrous synth soundtrack. It ends with an 80s Canadian pop song.

As for the hobo having a "reason" to go on a rampage -- he doesn't really. It's not serious, there's no overly emotional "back-story" -- he just shows up in a town populated by cartoonishly evil bad guys committing ludicrously OTT gory crimes and decides he's gonna stop them.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:56 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Looks like it does to me. What's with all that portentous crap with the baby, and the whole 'dark and gritty' look?

Dear Sharky: Don't judge films you've never seen.

We all do.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:38 pm

The trailer for the remake of Dragon Tattoo seems to have leaked.

Back to top Go down
UndiscoveredCountry

UndiscoveredCountry

Location : Watching my favorite franchises get successfully rebooted

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Universal has released a trailer for their $200 million Battleship adaptation (aka Transformers 4: Cruise Control).

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/battleship.html

I didn't have any interest in this flick before, but this trailer makes it look so utterly brain-dead that I'm now morbidly curious. What we've been shown of director Peter Berg's work seems virtually indistinguishable from that of Michael Bay -- he's even got Steve Jablonsky doing the music. Perhaps Hasbro wants to standardize the look and feel of their films after the massive commercial success of Transformers?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:39 pm

IMDB's members cover MAGIC MIKE... laugh

"A movie to remind fat men how useless they are":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1915581/board/nest/201129332

"Any women who go to see this movie oughta be ashamed of themselves":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1915581/board/nest/200857423

"Yo any bros down to watch Magic Mike with me?":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1915581/board/nest/201116189
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:58 pm

IMDB. More entertaining and outrageous than j7wild.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:01 pm

Control wrote:
IMDB's members cover MAGIC MIKE... laugh

"A movie to remind fat men how useless they are":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1915581/board/nest/201129332

"Any women who go to see this movie oughta be ashamed of themselves":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1915581/board/nest/200857423

"Yo any bros down to watch Magic Mike with me?":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1915581/board/nest/201116189

Magic Mike is completely NOT gay-friendly. There is no male homosexuality at all except for some passing reference. There is no male-male relationship or sexuality – nothing.

However, the director Steven Soderbergh – in what appears to be your typical liberal homophobic double standard way – includes a scene where a man and woman have had sex with a woman and enjoyed it. Imagine if it were the other way around, with a man and woman saying they enjoyed having sex with a man! Wouldn’t get past Hollywood’s selective homophobes.

Magic Mike is NOT gay-friendly in the slightest.

Comment by bruce — Friday June 29, 2012 @ 5:33pm PDT REPLY TO THIS POST

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/early-fireworks-ted-and-magic-mike-open-with-huge-2m-midnights/comment-page-2/#comments

-----------------------------------------------------

Apparently not including any gay love scenes or gay characters in the movie makes the film "NOT gay-friendly". By that logic the movie is anti-handicapped people, because there are no disabled or wheelchair-bound strippers in the movie (I'm guessing; I haven't seen the movie). The movie is also prejudiced against the fat and morbidly obese (http://www.naafaonline.com/dev2/) since none of the exotic dancers bodies are in anything less than perfect shape. The movie is also racist, since there are no strippers-of-color (i.e. black men), and the film is certainly not Asian-friendly, as there are no Japanese, Chinese or Korean dancers shaking in their junk in front of hundreds of screaming, horny women (they're probably too busy going to college and learning math, science, and computer physics).

Basically, the lesson I've learned from much of the feedback about Magic Mike is that every movie produced these days needs to be all-inclusive and "diverse". No movie should have a target audience in mind, but should instead attempt to appeal to all people.

Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
No movie should have a target audience in mind, but should instead attempt to appeal to all people.

Gods preserve us from such mediocrity.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 pm

The phrase "trying to please everyone but satisfying no one" comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
The phrase "trying to please everyone but satisfying no one" comes to mind.

Half of that sentence reminds me of being married....
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:58 pm

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056333

Fassbender fastened to 'Assassin's Creed'

Thesp to star in, co-produce bigscreen adaptation of vidgame

Michael Fassbender will star in and co-produce "Assassin's Creed," the bigscreen adaptation of Ubisoft's videogame franchise, through his DMC Film.

While Fassbender's profile has risen with roles in "X-Men: First Class," "Shame," "Haywire," "Prometheus," and will next be seen in "The Counselor" and "Twelve Years a Slave," thesp also has spent the past year developing films with Conor McCaughan. Together, they produced the short "Pitch Black Heist."

"Assassin's Creed" is the duo's most high-profile project, given that the game is Ubisoft's biggest franchise, selling over 30 million units since 2007. A third "Assassin's Creed" game bows Oct. 30 and is set during the American Revolution. First two take place during the Crusades and Renaissance.

Plot revolves around a man who learns his ancestors were trained assassins after he is kidnapped by a secret org with ties to the Knights Templar, and sent back in time to retrieve historical artifacts.

"Michael Fassbender was our first choice" to play the franchise's iconic hooded hero, said Jean-Julien Baronnet, CEO of Paris-based Ubisoft Motion Pictures. "Michael (Fassbender) is an extremely smart, talented, versatile and committed actor."

Last fall, Ubisoft was in talks with Sony to develop a series of "Assassin's" pics (Daily Variety, Oct. 20, 2011). But the companies have since put negotiations on hold.

Ubisoft execs now plan to stick to their initial plan and develop the film independently in order to maintain greater creative control. Last year, Ubisoft invested in launching UMP, headed by Baronnet, former CEO of Luc Besson's EuropaCorp, to adapt the company's games into films, TV shows and digital projects.

While Sony could still wind up distribing the films, UMP will package the project with a writer and director before resuming talks with the studio.

"We're open to re-discuss with the key studios once the production package is finalized," Baronnet told Variety.

Ubisoft also is looking to raise financing for the tentpole through foreign presales and co-production deals, which again could again involve Sony.

"Whatever the financial model, UMP will limit its risk investment," and will save on production costs by turning to its 26 in-house game studios like Hybride Technologies, to handle visual effects work, Baronnet said.

Ubisoft sees adaptations as a way to turn its games into larger brands that will get the titles in front of more consumers while creating lucrative new revenue sources for the company. One of its first projects is an animated TV series based on the "Raving Rabbids" franchise that will air on Nickelodeon. Ubisoft chief Yves Guillemot also wants to develop films for the games "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell" and "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon."

By controlling more of the creative through UMP, Ubisoft hopes it doesn't wind up with another "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time," adapted by Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer. Pic earned a disappointing $335 million worldwide, with just $91 million of that in the U.S. last year, ending any franchise dreams.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Sadly Armond seems to be right.

From his review of PROMETHEUS:

Quote :
David (played by Michael Fassbender, who quickly has come to emblematize crap cinema).
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:

Quote :
David (played by Michael Fassbender, who quickly has come to emblematize crap cinema).

Armond epitomizes crappy, egotistical, elitist, snobbish, race-baiting film reviewers.

I wish Fassbender was starring as the Master Chief, John 117, from HALO, but Assassin's Creed won't be a terrible thing either.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:

Quote :

Armond epitomizes crappy, egotistical, elitist, snobbish, race-baiting film reviewers.

He's not a reviewer, he's a critic, and by far the best one left in the trade.

I look forward to PONG: THE MOVIE directed by Gus Van Sant.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:20 pm

A Half-Life movie would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:18 pm

More video game-to-movie news:

Need For Speed (Feb 7th, 2014)
http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/need-for-speed-movie-release-date-february-7-2014-disney-dreamworks/

Deus Ex (unknown)
CBS Films has optioned screen rights to Deus Ex, the video game franchise from Square Enix. While vidgame film transfers don’t usually translate to big box office success, the Deus Ex franchise certainly has a following. Launched in 2000, its latest entry, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, topped global sales charts when it was released last year. Developed by Eidos-Montréal and published by Square Enix, Deus Ex: Human Revolution will serve as the primary template for the film. Roy Lee and Adrian Askarieh are attached to produce and John P. Middleton will executive produce.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/cbs-films-targets-deus-ex-vidgame-for-feature/

I still believe that the right video game-to-movie adaption could be a goldmine. Prince of Persia wasn't terrible...Assassin's Creed could be very good. Personally, I think HALO is the next great Star Wars or LOTR trilogy just waiting to happen. It's got a great back-story, tons of imaginative and creative talent involved in the game...Peter Jackson wanted to produce it...let's get on with it!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:16 pm

I don't like the Halo games that much but I thought that short film from a few years back was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:42 pm

It wouldn't mind an interesting director and/or screenwriter (say Todd Solondz) take on the HALO games, but ffs, no Peter Jackson or George Lucas.
Back to top Go down
Manhunter
'R'
'R'
Manhunter

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:28 pm

General Movie News - Page 2 Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Manhunter wrote:

General Movie News - Page 2 Armond-White-motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Huzzar the thread I was looking for all of j7's...

anyway, as you were. Pah
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Manhunter wrote:

Sharkey is an otherwise intelligent, cool guy. I don't understand why he bothers quoting Armond. To me, referencing Armond is like college kids thinking they're enlightened and progressive because they've read Dostoevsky. Armond is a joke, but he's a joke that his supporters don't seem to get or understand. They're being taken for fools and for a ride by a film critic who deliberately takes a contrarian, provocative point of view in order to do nothing more than to stand out from the rest of the pack, thus making him intellectually dishonest and not worth reading. His gripe last year about Green Lantern being "racist" was meant to attract publicity, eyeballs, controversy and followers because his true feelings, and ability to articulate them, would not be enough to interest people in reading him. He's a hack. He's a flame-thrower. He's not legitimate.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/armond-white-claims-he-was-kicked-off-rotten-tomat,65156/

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2012/03/why-armond-white-wasnt-our-most-cantankerous-critic/49997/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie News   General Movie News - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Movie News
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: