More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Bought?

Go down 
+49
Thunderpussy
Vesper
Agent OO7
Carruthers
Xenia93
Agent007391
General Yuskovich
Strangways&Quarrel
Moore
Big Boss
00Twelve
CJB
j7wild
hegottheboot
TedHeath
Santa
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
FourDot
lachesis
Manhunter
trevanian
saint mark
Harmsway
Lobelia Overhill
Louis Armstrong
Aston_Martini
tiffanywint
Blunt Instrument
Lazenby.
Tubes
Salomé
bondfan06
G section
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
MBalje
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
The White Tuxedo
Mr. Trevelyan
HJackson
Prince Kamal Khan
Hilly
colly
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:38 am

tiffanywint wrote:
This collection shall sit proudly on the shelf with my classic original Bonds, Flint and Helm

Do you have the FLINT disks that include the failed TV pilot? I've never seen it, but it is supposed to be godawful.

For a really nice FLINT treat, try tracking down Harlan Ellison's unproduced FLINT teleplay, FLINTLOCK. Equal parts FLINT and THE PRISONER, it is really pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:44 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
The Man From Uncle Complete TV series. Amazon knocked the price down from $155.00 to $77.00 for one day only, so I pounced. Glad it comes with an official Uncle briefcase, in case I have to go on any missions. This collection shall sit proudly on the shelf with my classic original Bonds, Flint and Helm, complete collections. Now if I could just find a decent price on the Avengers series, my life would be complete.Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 51eoxW9xTlL

Damn, that's a steal and a half Tiff. I had to settle for the 3-disc feature film set because of the mammoth price tag. And that set had two of the films missing!
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:29 pm

Ben-Hur got delivered today. It looks absolutely incredible in 1080p, and there is no doubt this is going to be a strong candidate for release of the year. Can't wait to sit down tonight and watch it through.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:20 pm

G section wrote:
Damn, that's a steal and a half Tiff. I had to settle for the 3-disc feature film set because of the mammoth price tag. And that set had two of the films missing!
I thought so too. Amazon, just out of the blue, sent out a notice on their regular daily mailer that I get, advertising one-day only half price sale on selected classic TV series. I've had this set on my wish-list forever, so I guess I was targeted for this particular promotion. It wasn't BS either. The price went back up the next day.

It probably helps to put stuff on your wish list and then they know what you want. I'm not sure if this set includes all of the feature films either. I'll have to inventory it when it arrives.

trevanian wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
This collection shall sit proudly on the shelf with my classic original Bonds, Flint and Helm
Do you have the FLINT disks that include the failed TV pilot? I've never seen it, but it is supposed to be godawful.
For a really nice FLINT treat, try tracking down Harlan Ellison's unproduced FLINT teleplay, FLINTLOCK. Equal parts FLINT and THE PRISONER, it is really pretty neat.

Re Flint TV pilot. It is awful. It bears no resemblance to the two Coburn movies. It lacks the colour, the fantasy, the escapism, the camp etc. It simply reminds of a run-of-the-mill American-TV detective-series pilot. Bad Charlies Angels maybe and not a very good print either. This Flint is just a smooth guy, who investigates a murder case.

Thanks for the Harlan Ellison tip!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Michael Mann's Crime Story   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Just ordered S1 and S2 of Michael Mann's Crime Story for £2.99 each including free delivery. That's 40+ episodes for less than six quid. :shock:

Just to put that in perspective, the two sets are on Amazon.com for about $110.00. Be interesting to see if the UK price is a mistake and, if so, whether Amazon.co.uk honour the offer.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:41 am

28 September 2011.

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 The-Delphi-Effect-Aka-Kiss-Me-Deadly-2008-DU-Front-Cover-47196
The Delphi Effect (John Rhys-Davies > TLD)

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 Index.php?afbeelding=8716777923979.9f
Be Kind Rewind

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 1002004006472837Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 1002004007157328Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 1002004000098888

Savages
A Perfect Getaway. Stay on my wish list to see, mist it on tv.
Two Brothers. Very good movie about 2 litle tigers.

Same day,different store:

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 1002004007767374Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 1002004010601144

The Informant!. € 6,54 (Normal € 9,99 Now - 10% € 8,99 - € 2,45 ) 4th movie from Steven Sodenbergh. Sorry Michael (G Wilson) moved to the 4th place with 12 times in a movie in my collection. Matt Damon 13x. The only one who stay now above him are Lois Maxwell (14) and Desmond LLewelyn (17) and fift place be Bernard Lee (11).

The Ghost Writer (With sleeve) € 6,54 (Normal € 9,99 Now - 10% € 8,99 - € 2,45 ) starring Pierce Brosnan. Pierce Brosnan none Bond number 6. Total of 10 (Even with Sean Connery)

The A-team Season 3 in slimcases (like Airwolf Season 1 & 2) for € 10,86. (Normal € 14,95 - € 4,09). The first release in digipack be dificult to find, so i wish that one or the second release in slimcases.

Only this day max on 2 chepeast dvd's 10% extra from the start price above 3 for the price of 2 (the chepeast one for free from the three). In other words get one of those 8,99 titels for free (the system shared the 8,99 in 3 as you can see.) what made for the feeling i payd € 4,50 for the first 2. If have buyd The A-team alone i can have yused a 10% and it have cost me € 13,50. All three together be € 23,94 (/3 = € 7,98). If imagene The A-team € 13,50, the informant be € 3,99, Ghost Writer cost me 6,45.

Last Update direters list Top 6: 28 September 2011

---Coen Brothers: 14 Update: 25 April 2011
---Steven Spielberg: 7 (Jurassic Park 1&2,Minoty Report,Catch Me If You Can, The Terminal, War Of The Worlds 2005, Munich)
---John Glenn: 6 (FYEO,OP,AVTAK,TLDL,LTK/The Point Men)
---Robert Zemeckis: 6 (BTTFT,Romancing The Stone, The Polar Express, A Christmas Carol 2009)
---Peter Jackson: 5 (LOTR Trilogie/King Kong 2005, Heavenly Creatures)
---Martin Campbell: 5 (Goldeneye, The Mask & Legend of Zorro,Vertical Limit, Beyond Borders)
---Guy Hamilton: 4 (GF,DAF,LALD,TMWTGG)
---Gore Verbinski: 4 (POTC Trilogie, Mousehunt)
---Tony Scott: 4 (Spy Game/Enemy of the State/Man On Fire/Dejavu)
---Brett Ratner: 4 (X-men 3, Rush Hour 2, Rush Hour, Rush Hour 3)
---Sam Raimi: 4 (Spiderman 1-2 & 3, Drag Me To Hell.)
---Steven Soderbergh: 4 (Ocean's 11,12 & 13, The Informant!) Update: September 2011
---Terence Young: 3 (Dr No,FRWL,TB)
---Lewis Gilbert: 3 (Yolt,TSWLM,Moonraker)
---Bryan Singer: 3 (x-Men/X-men 1,5 en X-Men 2)
---Stephen Sommers: 3 (The Mummy & The Mummy Returns,Van Helsing)
---Danny Boyle: 3 (Sunshine, 28 weeks later, The Beach)
---Ridley Scott: 3 (Kingdom of Heaven,Matchstick Men, Blade Runner)
---Joel Schumacher: 3 (Bad Company 2002,Phone Booth, Tigerland)
---Chris Wedge: 3 (Ice Age, Robots, Ice Age 2)
---Nancy Meyers: 3 (Something's Gotta Give, It's Complicated, What Women Want)
---Marc Forster: 3 (Stranger Than Fiction, The Kite Runner, Finding Neverland)
---Michael Bay: 3 (Transformers 1&2, Armageddon)
---Chuck Russell: 3 (The Mask, The Scorpion King, Eraser)
---Paul Greengrass: 3 (The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum, Greenzone) Update: 28 Augustus 2011
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:58 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Just ordered S1 and S2 of Michael Mann's Crime Story for £2.99 each including free delivery. That's 40+ episodes for less than six quid. :shock:

Just to put that in perspective, the two sets are on Amazon.com for about $110.00. Be interesting to see if the UK price is a mistake and, if so, whether Amazon.co.uk honour the offer.

Yes that would be interesting. Amazon tend not to drop below a certain price-floor I find, but their re-sellers often knock prices well below the Amazon floor. I order far more cds, dvds, books etc from Amazon re-sellers than Amazon itself. Here in Canada Amazon re-sellers, no matter where in the world they are located, charge the same flat shipping-rate for each item but all taxes are dropped. Not sure how that happens. I'm guessing everything might get shipped locally even if the sellers are located overseas. I'm guessing some of these guys just operate out of their homes and act as middlemen who secure the sales. Not a bad little home business if that's how it works.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:56 am

The last 2 from September:

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 Janeyre1996thefourthpro

Jan Eyre (1996) / The Fourth Protocol (1987). That last one is a spy thriler with Michael Caine, Michael Gough (Alfred in Batman) Julian Glover (FYEO) and Pierce Brosnan, cinematopgrahy by Phil Meheux (Goldeneye, CR2006.), soundmix by Chris Munro (CR 2006, Sherlock Holmes 2009.) and set decorater by Peter Howitt (Moonraker, Never Say Never Again, Mission Impossible, The Mummy .), production designer by Allan Cameron (TMND). Total movies with Michael Caine count: 5 Total movies with Pierce Brosnan: 11

Rogue Trader (1999) / The Whistle Blower (1987). That last one is again a spy thriller with Michael Caine, soundmix by Shaun Mills ( The Bourne Identity 2002) with Terry Bamber (production manager since TMND.) as third assistent directer. Total movies with Michael Caine: 6

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:06 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

Well, they've just turned up. Along with House S7 and Kensington High Street, that sorts out my winter viewing.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:19 am

I had no idea you were a fan of House Ambler. What is it about that show you like?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:23 pm

Salomé wrote:
I had no idea you were a fan of House Ambler. What is it about that show you like?

Gregory House. He's middle-aged,cantankerous,a whoremonger, brilliant, unapologetic, and funny.

Reminds of someone.

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:45 pm

And yet you won't give Malcolm Reynolds a chance! He even keeps a whore aboard his ship...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Salomé wrote:
And yet you won't give Malcolm Reynolds a chance!

I'm heterosexual.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:16 pm

The King's Speech
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:48 am

Recently.

- WATCHMEN: DIRECTOR'S CUT
- BATMAN BEGINS
- THE DARK KNIGHT

All for $9.99 a piece. I took a look at TDK. I knew the ascept ratios would shift in the IMAX sequences. I wish they'd have kept the whole thing 2.4:1. I think the sequences look better in that frame, and there's no point in my view doing this if you don't have a damn IMAX screen anyway.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:47 am

Could have been more jarring if the IMAX sequences kept their original theatrical 1.44 ratio. As its presented on the blu-ray I don't mind too much. I haven't upgraded on BATMAN BEGINS, not too tempted. WATCHMEN is a good buy.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Manhunter
'R'
'R'
Manhunter

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:55 pm

I ordered 7 DVDs for 35€.
I won't tell you which ones. tongue

Just that there are three Kubracks among them. laugh
Two of them I haven't seen yet (of one of those two I've only seen 20 minutes or a couple more on telly).

I haven't bought one single Blu yet. laugh
I am not interested in upgrading on any film. Perhaps I'll take one just to compare. The DVDs are much cheaper, and through the Blu player, the HDTV (and HDMI cable), the improvement in quality for my old DVDs is already more than I can ask for.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:45 pm

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 51LT7hsieHL

10 bucks.

BIG TROUBLE was 10 bucks, but Target raised the price to 17.99 because they are homosexual.

I'd love to do a PSYCHO/HALLOWEEN double tonight. Have 'em both on Blu. Kind of a family night.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Tux, you need a woman.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:38 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 51LT7hsieHL

10 bucks.

BIG TROUBLE was 10 bucks, but Target raised the price to 17.99 because they are homosexual.

I'd love to do a PSYCHO/HALLOWEEN double tonight. Have 'em both on Blu. Kind of a family night.

And don't forget the Halloween 2 (30th Anniversary) blu ray has just been released 1+2 will be part of my Oct 31st horrorthon finishing just in time for the big giveaway!
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:28 am

Sharky wrote:
Tux, you need a woman.

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 Bbill
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:37 am

I'd actually like to use this in a horror film, (though the album version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD6Rdrf4vSo#t=18s
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:58 am

I bought Howard's End yesterday, with Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thompson and Helena Bonham Carter. Is it any good? Will watch it this weekend :)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 5:02 pm

It's absolute rubbish, like nearly all of Merchant Ivory's stuff.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Sharky wrote:
It's absolute rubbish, like nearly all of Merchant Ivory's stuff.

Not his cup of tea I gather, If you like this genre it is decent watching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Bought?
Page 11 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next