More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Bought?

Go down 
+49
Thunderpussy
Vesper
Agent OO7
Carruthers
Xenia93
Agent007391
General Yuskovich
Strangways&Quarrel
Moore
Big Boss
00Twelve
CJB
j7wild
hegottheboot
TedHeath
Santa
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
FourDot
lachesis
Manhunter
trevanian
saint mark
Harmsway
Lobelia Overhill
Louis Armstrong
Aston_Martini
tiffanywint
Blunt Instrument
Lazenby.
Tubes
Salomé
bondfan06
G section
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
MBalje
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
The White Tuxedo
Mr. Trevelyan
HJackson
Prince Kamal Khan
Hilly
colly
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
G section
Q Branch
Q Branch
G section

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Not a purchase (for there is no Region 2 copy), but I've finally, finally recorded Avalanche Express off the telly after countless missed opportunities.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:46 am

MASH season 5 & 6
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:47 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Have you seen Blood Diamond, Shark?

Yep, hated it.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:48 am

Sharky wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:
Have you seen Blood Diamond, Shark?

Yep, hated it.

loved it, inspite of the shaky cam
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:00 am

Never seen it, myself, but I thought the topic sounded pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:26 am

OP 2 disc UE edition at Target for only $4.99

http://www.target.com/p/Octopussy-Ultimate-Edition-Dual-layered-DVD/-/A-11342158#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton

Watched some of the extras and am very glad EON did not hire James Brolin for the part of Bond.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Splashed out some more because the Fopp in Cambridge has some bloody tasty deals on BFI titles, and I thought I'd snap some up before I head back to Bristol.

Dreyer's DAY OF WRATH
Rossellini' JOURNEY TO ITALY
Renoir's THE RIVER
Visconti's LA TERRA TREMA
Dupont's PICCADILLY

They're usually around £15 or £20 when I see them in Bristol, but they were £6 a piece here.

Also picked up JOHNNY GUITAR because I fancy giving it a watch.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:34 pm

HJackson wrote:
Splashed out some more because the Fopp in Cambridge...

Which one?
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Sharky wrote:
HJackson wrote:
Splashed out some more because the Fopp in Cambridge...

Which one?

Well played.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 5:48 am

Bullitt at Wal-Mart for $5-

http://www.walmart.com/ip/16451793#ProductDetail
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:56 am

The Chase, 1966 with all-star cast, pretty-boy Redford, sex-kitten, very Barbarella looking Jane Fonda , a slim Marlon Brando, a super-hot Janice Rule, and even hotter Angie Dickinson, more eye-candy in Diana Hyland and for Bond fans, Clifton James, playing redneck naturally, Bruce Cabot, Maurice Binder titles and a great John Barry score.

Much 60's social commentary. Some of it quite funny. And bursts of violence here and there.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:57 am

tiffanywint wrote:
The Chase, 1966 with all-star cast, pretty-boy Redford, sex-kitten, very Barbarella looking Jane Fonda , a slim Marlon Brando, a super-hot Janice Rule, and even hotter Angie Dickinson, more eye-candy in Diana Hyland and for Bond fans, Clifton James, playing redneck naturally, Bruce Cabot, Maurice Binder titles and a great John Barry score.

Much 60's social commentary. Some of it quite funny. And bursts of violence here and there.

one of those films that's very good up to a point, then for me it loses it's way
I found the resolution unsatisfying
but others may find it makes a statement they can identify with
legitimate drama or just soap masquerading as social comment?
I'm not sure
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Seve wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:

one of those films that's very good up to a point, then for me it loses it's way
I found the resolution unsatisfying
but others may find it makes a statement they can identify with
legitimate drama or just soap masquerading as social comment?
I'm not sure
It has a long slow build-up and then ultimately falls flat on its face. It tries so hard to deliver hip 60's liberal social commentary on racism, the sexual revolution, wife swapping, rich vs middle class vs poor etc but seems to get lost in all the messaging its trying to deliver, whilst also attempting to serve up drama and suspense.Far too earnest for its own good, but its got some great exaggerated performances. Especially Janice Rule as the philandering, party-girl, "wife." It looks like she's about to fall out of her dress, the whole movie. Sheriff Brando as the only moral-man in town, at his mumbly best, naturally gets his ass kicked by the rascist town leaders who tire of his virtue. Its a big jumbled mess of a movie but entertaining in a bizarre way. You can't complain about the eye candy though with Rule, Fonda, Angie Dickinson and Diana Hyland all slinking about and tormenting/tempting the various hapless male characters.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:56 pm

It's a mean spirited film.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Sharky wrote:
It's a mean spirited film.
It is at that. I didn't care what happened to any of the characters, other than Brando and wife Dickinson. The rest were seemingly beyond salvage.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Rolling Stones, Some Girls Live in Texas '78, blu-ray-and-cd combo.

After 33 long years, the Rolling Stones 78 Some Girls U.S. tour has finally been documented. The Stones have been sitting on this video gem the whole time, shot live on 16 mm at Will Rogers Auditorium in Fort Worth Texas, July 18th, and only now cleaned up for hight def video. IMO this performance is hands down, the best live Stones show that exists on video anywhere. The Stones even at the height of their popularity, (routinely playing 90,000 seat football stadiums on this tour) were at a vital point in their career, challenged by the punks, new wave, and simply younger bands looking to knock them off their perch, responded with the tour-de-force album that was Some Girls, and this no flash, no gimmicks, stripped down, 2 month, 20 date mini-tour, rock n roll assault of the USA. The Stones also played a couple of smaller shows, the opener in Lakeland Florida and this one towards the end before 3,000 fans in the auditorium setting to faciliate the filming. The Stones have always loved Texas, the American south and midwest, and the gospel, country, blues and rock n roll stylings that have so influenced their music. The crowd goes bananas during Honky Tonk Women when Jagger substitutes " I laid a divorcee in Dallas" in place of New York City.The brief Some Girls tour features the Stones at their most vital. Jagger answers the punk challenge sporting his own version of Johnny Rottens destroy T-shirt, and snarls his way through the raunchiest entres in the Stones catalogue and punk-energized, instant rock-classisc from the new album, such as Shattered, Respectable and Whip Comes Down. Keith's guitar playing is simply fercocious at times. The two head Stones dominate the stage, with Ronnie Wood happily playing energetic foil to both. Jagger's performance, both vocally and swagger-wise, is virtuoso even by his standards, while Keith and Ron trade guitar licks, as if they were telepathically connected. Bill and Charlie hold down the rythm section but largely go unnoticed as the camera can't seem to leave the 3 attention grabbers at the front. The Stones are making a statement. They've been at the top of the heap for a while now, but this is them digging in, serving notice to all and sundry, that they remain the cocks of the walk, and that the bar is now being set so high, its out of reach. With younger Stones-worthy bands such as AC/DC and Aerosmith on the ascendancy and later Guns and Roses, the Stones would pass the torch in the decade to come before re-emerging later as the living legends of rock n roll they are now, but the video evidence of this tour cements the Stones legacy as the greatest rock n roll band of all time. Rock n roll cannot be performed with any more urgency or energy. Stones orignals, classic Chuck Berry covers and Robert Johnson blues, all blended with the Stones patented rock n roll swagger, render Stones Some Girls Texas as a snapshot of not only the Stones at the top of their game, but also the genre. With Some Girls, the Stones completed their journey from 60's pop stars and hitmakers to Masters of Rock n Roll.

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 81bLEegCryL._AA1500_

Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:24 am

THE DAY OF THE LOCUST. I'll be giving it a whirl this week sometime.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:48 pm

Harmsway wrote:

I wanna see that.

I bought THE KILLING (Criterion) today.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Revolutionary Road (2008). Second movie in collection from Sam Mendes (Jarhead)

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2JbCaydiWbfEjEQkRmCmis1I0w-O7Dve8VgitRx98kYbsKjIs

Last edited by MBalje on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:58 pm

I would say JARHEAD is probably Mendes's best film, but that's not saying much.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:01 am

Harmsway wrote:

Just bought it too, cheap from Amazon.
Back to top Go down
MBalje
Q Branch
Q Branch
MBalje

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Closer
Entrapment

Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 17591Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 00339

I always hoped on a better release of Entrapment with inprovement of the audio, video & Extra's. A inprovement i have liked to see with the extra's be that atleast the making off get a subtitel wh onow don't get any subtitel. The new BD version audio and video be worse then the dvd, removed all extra's from the dvd (Music video, Making off, trailer) , the chapterlist and at as replacement a audiocommentary.

A review about the BD release of Closer confirmd the BD have the same disapointed extra's as the dvd (Music video, trailer of the movie & 6 others trailers) with difrent trailers from other movies and the BD video is only a litle bit better then the DVD. The dvd get a 9/10, the BD 9.5/10.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:30 pm

The Coen Bros True Grit remake.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:24 pm

THE ROCKETEER blu-ray arrived. Just noticed a sticker that said "from the director of CAPTAIN AMERICA", I knew they'd pull that trick.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:02 am

BLUE VELVET, CARLITO'S WAY, and THE ROCKETEER.

Charmed. Tripley charmed.

But ROCKETEER won't play on my player. Frak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Bought?   Last Movie You Bought? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Bought?
Page 14 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next