More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth

Go down 
+8
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Blunt Instrument
Largo's Shark
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
tiffanywint
Makeshift Python
j7wild
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth Empty
PostSubject: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:33 am

Not only does he make good movies, he also has more guts than any of us!!

http://news.yahoo.com/james-cameron-reaches-deepest-spot-earth-223416087.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/03/120325-james-cameron-mariana-trench-challenger-deepest-returns-science-sub/
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:40 am

Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:44 am

Makeshift Python wrote:

gay?

why do you have an avatar of a shirtless William Shatner?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:50 am

j7wild wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

gay?

why do you have an avatar of a shirtless William Shatner?

Because it's fabulous.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:54 am

Avatar was crap, but this looks real interesting. He's taking us on an exploration of the deep sea, and we can eat popcorn and slurp cola, for the whole voyage, with no worry of beaten eaten by deep-sea monsters.

Sign me up for this trip!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:19 am

I was assuming this thread was going to be about Dog Bond.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
I was assuming this thread was going to be about Dog Bond.

James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth 5954220
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Can he stay there?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Sharky wrote:
Can he stay there?
This.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:49 pm

He's scouting locations for his next epic, which combines ideas from his 2 biggest hits ... working title 'BLUE UNDERWATER ALIENS ON A BIG-ASS SUNKEN SHIP'. To be released sometime in 2020 in 6D-F***IN'-AWESOME-O-VISION that makes it seem like the movie is happening inside YOUR ACTUAL BRAIN.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Every time I hear 'James Cameron' I think of how he said 3D cinema is the future. But 3D film has been around for decades, and most releases since Avatar that have been in 3D have just been gimmicky. It's just a phase.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Every time I hear 'James Cameron' I think of how he said 3D cinema is the future. But 3D film has been around for decades, and most releases since Avatar that have been in 3D have just been gimmicky. It's just a phase.

Not the kind of 3-D Cameron offered. I'd seen that sort of 3-D on rides at Universal or EPCOT, but not anchoring a feature film. Furthermore, nearly the entire film was realistic, motion-capture imagery. I thought the film was a triumph on many levels, including very good acting from Zoe Saldana and CCH Pounder.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:04 am

FieldsMan wrote:

Here here! He suckered me. The 3d in Avatar was so good, that I agreed that this would be a nice trend.

But it hasn't been. It's been a rip-off. An excuse to charge extra for lousy "atmospheric" 3d. Avatar was the exception.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:09 am

j7wild wrote:
Not only does he make good movies...

He's only made one good film, though.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:08 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
j7wild wrote:

TERMINATOR, ALIENS and TRUE LIES for me. I couldn't care less for anything else he did.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:11 am

James Cameron should have stuck to making animatronic flying piranhas. That's what he's good at.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:14 am

I remember he ranted about PIRANHA 3 for "abusing" the 3D format, as if he were above those flicks. The guy lost his sense of humor a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:12 am

An very big innovator when it comes to underwater Cinematography and camera's.

I suspect that one of the next two Avatars will undoubtely be situated underwater. And au contraire to any GL special effects extravaganza mr. Camerons work looks stunnung.

While 3D seems to be the hype, there is only one movie in 3D that was absolutely made for the medium and that was Avatar.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:43 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
j7wild wrote:

What film is that? Personally, I'm fond of Titanic and remember enjoying True Lies. Avatar was visually, a great film, but in terms of narrative, it was pretty flat. Definitely not the worst director out there, but not the best.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:14 am

Terminator and Aliens are good. The Abyss was enjoyable. I can pretty much go without the rest of his oeuvre.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:36 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
j7wild wrote:

What film is that?

TERMINATOR

I met someone who interned for Cameron, not too long ago. Apparently he's quite the c***.

Mr. Wade may say otherwise, though, as I believe he once interviewed Cameron.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:

$$$.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
j7wild wrote:

What film is that?

TERMINATOR

I met someone who interned for Cameron, not too long ago. Apparently he's quite the c***.

I have read about him on his behaviour on set, he wants perfection. In that brilliant documentary on "the Abyss" dvd people who worked with him did talk about it. They wore t-shirts that said "I survived a James Cameron movie". That says a lot. But they also agree that he is a very good professional who wants results as he envisioned, and generally gets them. He does things his own way but seems to delivery the goods everytime again.

I always go and see a Cameron movie in cinema because that is the place they look their best.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:08 pm

saint mark wrote:

I have read about him on his behaviour on set, he wants perfection. In that brilliant documentary on "the Abyss" dvd people who worked with him did talk about it. They wore t-shirts that said "I survived a James Cameron movie". That says a lot. But they also agree that he is a very good professional who wants results as he envisioned, and generally gets them. He does things his own way but seems to delivery the goods everytime again.

I always go and see a Cameron movie in cinema because that is the place they look their best.

Ed Harris refused to ever work with Cameron again, or ever mention his name in an interview. Apparently the stress of working for Cameron makes or breaks some people. On his movie the crew had t-shirts made that said: "Life's Abyss and then you dive."

But, you know, people have come back for repeat work with Cameron, and while I don't condone being rude or disrespectful to the employees, the employees should also understand that they are peons working in the presence of a truly gifted visionary and director, and if he wants 50 takes of you trying your wet gear on he's going to get it, you're going to give it to him, and you need to shut up about it. Cameron could make his movies with someone else, so these little actors and actresses are replaceable. Jim is not.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:35 pm

As I recall, when he was about to leave after the first day of shooting he basically insulted all the Pinewood crew before walking out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth   James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth Empty

Back to top Go down

James Cameron reaches deepest spot on Earth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: