More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'

Go down 
+7
lachesis
Fairbairn-Sykes
j7wild
CJB
saint mark
Perilagu Khan
Largo's Shark
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' Empty
PostSubject: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Quote :
James Bond star Daniel Craig has said that he will continue to play the British spy for as long as he can.

The star - who is reprising the role for a third time in the latest film Skyfall - told the BBC he would "keep going until they tell me to stop".

He admitted there were big expectations for the film to be a success with the Bond franchise celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.

However, he said the team were "going to put on a good show".

Craig added although he wanted to leave his mark on the films, he was under no illusion he would have to eventually give up the 007 role.

"I know there'll be someone after me, and hopefully someone after them - I'm just trying to keep [the series] going."

There has been a four-year gap between the previous film Quantum of Solace and the new film. Production was temporarily suspended in April 2010 due to uncertainty over film company MGM's future amid financial troubles.
Skyfall Skyfall will be Daniel Craig's third outing as 007

But the actor said work had still been going on behind the scenes.

"We haven't been resting on our laurels, we've been plotting what to do with this film," he said.

"The first one was a whirr - it was a new experience and flew by - the second one was the tricky second album, but this one we've really planned and got a great script.

"It's going to be different from the last one, but it will still be a great Bond movie."

Skyfall, which is directed by Oscar-winner Sam Mendes, also stars Javier Bardem, Albert Finney, Ralph Fiennes and sees Dame Judi Dench return as M.

Filming has taken place in Shanghai and Turkey, but the action has now moved to the 007 stage at Pinewood studios.

BBC entertainment reporter Lizo Mzimba had exclusive behind-the-scenes access to the set, and watched the "culmination of a big chase" scebe on a set that recreated a London Underground station.

"Quite appropriately for the 50th anniversary Bond, a lot of the action is taking place in familiar London landmarks".

Skyfall is due for release in the UK on 26 October.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17597603

Clink on link for video.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm fine with DC sticking around for the foreseeable future, not necessarily because I'm a massive fan of DC, but because I fear Miccoli's choice for his successor.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I'm fine with DC sticking around for the foreseeable future, not necessarily because I'm a massive fan of DC, but because I fear Miccoli's choice for his successor.

That is actually a good reason for DC to remain.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:50 am

Taking a leaf out of his Russian doppelganger's book.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:54 am

I think they should have an action sequence on London Eye with No CGI and NO Blue/Green screens!!

It will make the Golden Gate Bridge sequence in AVTAK and the recent Crazy Tom Monkey Climbing the Dubai Building scene look like a cake walk!!
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:15 am

saint mark wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

That is actually a good reason for DC to remain.

Yeah. That's a very good point.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:45 am

Craig's gonna have to retire eventually.

Might as well get the black lesbian Muslim Bond out of the way sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:21 pm

I don't mind him sticking around, as he gets older there's a greater chance the films will look to more than just adrenalin action to progress the plots and he may even develop some character!
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Full 6 minute interview:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17608983?utm
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Rog mark II? :evil:
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
right idea, wrong pussy
Cipher Clerk
right idea, wrong pussy

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:38 am

Heaven help us. We're only two (released) films into the Daniel Craig era and I'm already ready to move on. Heck I'd rather see 60 something Dalton reprise Bond than watch Craig again. Dalton deserved at least 3-4 films (same as Brosnan). Craig's tenure should probably have been the same length as Lazenby's. Oh well, sometimes there simply is no justice . . .

Though, to be honest, Craig probably has to continue with Bond, because he's increasingly box office poison everywhere else. Between Cowboys and Aliens, Infamous, The Golden Compass, The Invasion, Defiance and Dream House all either failing at the box office or barely breaking even, who else will hire him? Even Girl with the Dragon Tattoo took a long time to make money, given the huge amount of press and advertising poured into it, and since Rooney Mara was pretty universally praised in that, that'll leave Craig (rightly or not) to take the blame there too.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:43 am

right idea, wrong pussy wrote:
Heaven help us. We're only two (released) films into the Daniel Craig era and I'm already ready to move on. Heck I'd rather see 60 something Dalton reprise Bond than watch Craig again. Dalton deserved at least 3-4 films (same as Brosnan). Craig's tenure should probably have been the same length as Lazenby's. Oh well, sometimes there simply is no justice . . .

Though, to be honest, Craig probably has to continue with Bond, because he's increasingly box office poison everywhere else. Between Cowboys and Aliens, Infamous, The Golden Compass, The Invasion, Defiance and Dream House all either failing at the box office or barely breaking even, who else will hire him? Even Girl with the Dragon Tattoo took a long time to make money, given the huge amount of press and advertising poured into it, and since Rooney Mara was pretty universally praised in that, that'll leave Craig (rightly or not) to take the blame there too.

Actually, neither Brosnan nor Dalton has been Box-Office gold other than their roles as Bond....
Back to top Go down
right idea, wrong pussy
Cipher Clerk
right idea, wrong pussy

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:52 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:

Incidentally, neither Brosnan nor Dalton has either been Box-Office gold other than their roles as Bond....

Quite true (same with Moore and Lazenby), though neither was ever as continuously foisted on the movie-going public as though they were box office gold. How many box office bombs was Brosnan in? Perhaps Dante's Peak counts, though I think that just barely made its money back. All the other Bond actors not-named Sean Connery spent their time outside of Bond doing what they were good at and being fairly successful at it. Moore had a few reasonably successful actioners like The Wild Geese. Dalton's done plenty of theater and TV, as well as a funny turn in Hot Fuzz. Brosnan's done minor films, musicals and romantic comedies. Lazenby did Hong-Kong flicks in the 70s. None of them tried to helm big budget flick after big budget flick, as Craig has. So perhaps they'd have had as little success as Craig has had, but they've never had the ego to try.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:07 am

So perhaps they'd have had as little success as Craig has had, but they've never had the ego to try.
Ego has little to do it. They'd have gone for it had the Hollywood establishment had enough confidence in them to back 'em. For whatever reason, Craig has had opportunities that they didn't.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:07 am

Moore had a few reasonably successful actioners like The Wild Geese.

Love that one...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'   Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond' Empty

Back to top Go down

Daniel Craig: 'I'll keep going as James Bond'
Page 1 of 1