More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?

Go down 
+12
Napoleon Solo
Makeshift Python
dalton
danslittlefinger
Seve
saint mark
Captain Arthurs
Perilagu Khan
6of1
Chief of SIS
lachesis
Largo's Shark
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? Empty
PostSubject: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Quote :
Daniel Craig: No more Bond?

Editor: Manuel Weis Reader Mail

The actor is considering whether the third "James Bond" with him is also his last. From 23 November, he stands in front of the camera.

But it will probably be not too long era: Daniel Craig, who mimed the last two, "James Bond" films, the secret agent is considering its role to be working again. One thing is certain: After the financing is settled now, the latest strip, titled "Blood Stone" from 23 November rotated. Craig says that it spreads extensively on the shooting before - he train six days a week and hate it.

The third film will surely be as good as first, promised the British. The TV movie of the 43-year-old said that the role of James Bond has changed his life entirely. He hoped that after the third film he now could give to a younger and better. It is this grind, as he calls them to be in top shape is one of the reasons for the planned withdrawal.

From German magazine Quoten Meter, badly translated by Google.

http://www.quotenmeter.de/cms/?p1=n&p2=52278&p3=
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Isn't he contracted for 5?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 pm

I don't think so. With CR, I always thought it was 3, with an option for more.
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:10 pm

I think it's pretty relative for the guy. If he thinks he's doing good work and the response is positive (and the paycheck is large enough) I'm sure he'll do another.
Back to top Go down
6of1
Cipher Clerk
6of1

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Ha! Congrats!

If that's not proof that prayers DO work in the end. You mates must be ecstatic now.

Wonder how long it will take before you pray for his return... ;)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:45 pm

Don't really believe this. Why ever would Craig tell a German magazine???
Back to top Go down
Chief of SIS
'R'
'R'
Chief of SIS

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:02 pm

6of1 wrote:
Ha! Congrats!

If that's not proof that prayers DO work in the end. You mates must be ecstatic now.

Wonder how long it will take before you pray for his return... ;)

Haha. I love Craig. This environment makes me a little wary to say those words but hey, to each his own.

Kennon wrote:
Why ever would Craig tell a German magazine???

Because everyone knows Craig just loves those Germans.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Loves those Germans? Thought that was over with that blonde with the wide mouth? What was it, forget the name? Heke something?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm quid tertium on Craig and his era. I've basically liked both his films, but there were worrisome elements in QOS that I don't wish to see carried into the future. B23 will tell us so much about the series future direction. If I approve of B23, I will look favorably on Craig's tenture and countenance its continuation. But if B23 is QOS in overdrive I will be glad to see his departure.
Back to top Go down
Captain Arthurs

Captain Arthurs

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:38 pm

As he has returned after a four year break he is bound to make another for release two years after Bond 23. Unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Kennon wrote:
Don't really believe this. Why ever would Craig tell a German magazine???

They have ways of making you talk. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Sharky wrote:
Quote :
Daniel Craig: No more Bond?

Editor: Manuel Weis Reader Mail

The actor is considering whether the third "James Bond" with him is also his last. From 23 November, he stands in front of the camera.
But it will probably be not too long era: Daniel Craig, who mimed the last two, "James Bond" films...

From German magazine Quoten Meter, badly translated by Google.

mimed!
so tha'ts his secret
I wonder who did the voice over, Mike Myers?
laugh

mind you I suppose he would be dubbed for German audiences (I've heard they favour dubbing over subtitles?)
in which case in a sense he is miming from a German perspective
:scratch:

Last edited by Seve on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Posted this over at MI6 and requested it closed due to certain juvenile responses and people playing the same old record. Nice to see the responses to this are free of nastiness here.

Back to this article: I feel it will be his last yes. I think he likes being Bond but the hoopla connected to it might have proven too much, people change their minds all the time. As I was trying to say on another site (before being rudely harrassed) is that he might say one thing in an interview but inwardly mean another.
After all he is an actor.

Might want to go out on a high.
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:08 pm

danslittlefinger wrote:
Posted this over at MI6 and requested it closed due to certain juvenile responses and people playing the same old record. Nice to see the responses to this are free of nastiness here.

Back to this article: I feel it will be his last yes. I think he likes being Bond but the hoopla connected to it might have proven too much, people change their minds all the time. As I was trying to say on another site (before being rudely harrassed) is that he might say one thing in an interview but inwardly mean another.

I think it's just too early to speculate with any accuracy
there are too many rather significant "what ifs" yet to be clarified

mainly revolving around how Bond 23 and other Craig projects fair with the public and critics when they are released
Back to top Go down
danslittlefinger
'R'
'R'
danslittlefinger

Location : Somewhere where I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered...

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Seve wrote:
danslittlefinger wrote:

I think it's just too early to speculate with any accuracy
there are too many rather significant "what ifs" yet to be clarified

mainly revolving around how Bond 23 and other Craig projects fair with the public and critics when they are released

But that's the point of speculation, it hasn't any accuracy really, I don't understand why many cannot post their views without being slammed (not you)...speculating about B23/Craig is fun, it's free and harmless ;) or should be.
Even if it's not concrete news/facts, so what? It's all good. :cheers:
Back to top Go down
dalton
Cipher Clerk
dalton

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:08 am

I doubt that BOND 23 turns out to be his last. I don't see any point to having a 4 year gap between films only for this one to be his last. If that was the case, as much as I love Craig in the role and want to see him go on for many more films after this one, they should have just recast instead of bringing back an actor after a 4 year gap only to replace him soon after.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:20 am

I think Craig got the same deal as Moore, Dalton and Brosnan got. Three films with an optional fourth, after that EON would have to hire him for each flick if they wanted him back just as they did with Moore.

Also, I do remember sometime in 2000 there was some hoopla about Brosnan not returning for his optional fourth.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:30 am

I think it'll depend on several things, some of which have already been mentioned. Here's another factor: will Bond 24 actually come out in 2014? MGM said in court filings during bankruptcy the plan was to go to Bond movies on an every-other-year schedule. But MGM doesn't produce the movies, only (in this case) partially finance them.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:59 am

I always used to be sceptic about that two year plan. Today that means the production for the next one must get moving while the current one is still in the drain, not so realistic. Craig could be aware three years is more the thing like. Still think Craig will be back.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:18 am

I reckon he's in for another two unless B23 bombs. He won't be around for a fifth film unless he follows the lead of his Russian doppelganger and tinkers with his face.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:13 pm

I think the suggestion is that playing Bond is a young mans game, Craig is referring to the physical toll it takes and imo its indicative with the biggest problem the series is facing atm - Bonds skills and talents are not voluntarily tossing himself out of planes or though walls and surviving hes got more skills than the physical he's cunning and resourceful.

Ultimately its the American steroetype of hero that is the protagonistic physical monster (always personally invested rarely facing any choice but involvement), Bond is the British Spy he's cunning and resourceful and antagonist as much as a hero (quite a rarity in fiction)...but critcally its his wits and guile that he falls back on more often than not, lose that and Bond becomes indistinguishable from every other action cypher out there,

The need to 'bulk up', the requirement for a young man is actually the foundation for a total misrealisation of Bond. Ironically Daniel Craig through nescessity will play a better Bond as he ages and needs to find alternatives to that monosyllabic physical responce.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:17 pm

lachesis wrote:
critically its his wits and guile that he falls back on more often than not, lose that and Bond becomes indistinguishable from every other action cypher out there,

The need to 'bulk up', the requirement for a young man is actually the foundation for a total misrealisation of Bond.

Spot on. I'd add that besides wits he needs wit.

There's too many humourless people out there, most of them earnest young chuggers beating their way to my front door. Unleash the hounds ...
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:45 pm

I see the old avatar and moniker have returned, Ambler. Welcome back. :)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Where is your Izabella Scorupco avie, Oppers?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Salomé wrote:
I see the old avatar and moniker have returned, Ambler. Welcome back. :)

Thanks. I hope you'll feel able to sit on my lap like you used to.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?   Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last? Empty

Back to top Go down

Daniel Craig: Will Bond 23 be his last?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next