More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014

Go down 
+5
The White Tuxedo
Gravity's Silhouette
Fairbairn-Sykes
Largo's Shark
Makeshift Python
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:52 pm

http://www.chud.com/89303/the-first-avengers-first-sequel-captain-america-2-locks-april-4th-2014-date/

Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 Cap-America-3
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:56 pm

This superhero factory shit never ends.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Kind of like the Bond series.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Minus the fun. Oh and sex.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:08 pm

That's false (except for BATMAN, regarding sex)
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm curious as to whether it will follow-up AVENGERS and be modern day, or take place during that montage sequence in the original which implied Cap had gone on a ton of unseen adventures.

While I can understand the desire to make it modern, frankly the one thing that made CAPTAIN AMERICA unique in the deluge of superhero movies was its period setting.

Also, what is with the frakkin genitalia avatars? Seriously, people.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:59 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Also, what is with the frakkin genitalia avatars? Seriously, people.

Bond = sex.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
I'm curious as to whether it will follow-up AVENGERS and be modern day, or take place during that montage sequence in the original which implied Cap had gone on a ton of unseen adventures.

While I can understand the desire to make it modern, frankly the one thing that made CAPTAIN AMERICA unique in the deluge of superhero movies was its period setting.

Agreed. I liked the period piece and I was disappointed to see that Captain America woke up in modern-day America. I was hoping he would have more adventures set back in the 30's and 40's. Maybe SHIELD can send him back in time.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Like I probably said when I saw the first movie, the whole thing about it being a slave to THE AVENGERS is part of what ruined the movie for me.

An "interquel" doesn't interest me at all. It wouldn't make much damn sense. Fucking MARVEL.

Part of me hopes THE AVENGERS fails just so it'll all blow up in their faces.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Either an "interquel" or it will actually take place in present with Steve Rogers played as fish out of water. I rather they do the latter, at least some tension could be made. It's hard to do that in an interquel when you know for sure he'll make it.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:01 am

Well, to be fair, the theme of the actual CAPTAIN AMERICA comics has been the "man out of time" element ever since the mid-sixties. The only time they actually told stories of Cap in the 40s battling Nazis was in the 40s when everyone else was battling Nazis.

But the fact of the matter is that the market is so oversaturated with superhero movies that the one thing that made Cap stand out was the period setting, and in an oversaturated market your product has to have some unique element to stand out.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 3:20 am

Another thing that made it stand out was that it wasn't focused on Captain America being a dark and gritty hard-ass who kills anyone and anything that gets in his way. It was also refreshing to see minimal political commentary and simple, effective themes (i.e. Captain America being a hero who simply wants to stand up for those who can't defend themselves).

Out of all of the heroes from a lot of the comic film junk I've seen in recent years, he's been the most interesting. IRON MAN, HULK, and even BATMAN, I couldn't care less about. Pretty pathetic when the villain/supporting actor of THE DARK KNIGHT outshines the main character/lead actor.

CAPTAIN AMERICA was an enjoyable film. I won't be running to see the sequel, but at least the 1st film didn't try to be anything other than an action/adventure film.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 3:58 am

Absolutely agreed, Brown.

I think the value of a modern-day CAP movie would be the juxtaposition of those sort've classic heroic values with the modern day world -- but I also feel like similar ground will no doubt be covered effectively in THE AVENGERS itself. Whedon has said he is taken much inspiration from the ULTIMATE version of the Avengers, a book which includes a great scene where Cap finds and visits his wartime sweetheart, to discover that she has aged, married and lived an entire lifetime when he remembers seeing her only a week ago or so.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
Another thing that made it stand out was that it wasn't focused on Captain America being a dark and gritty hard-ass who kills anyone and anything that gets in his way. It was also refreshing to see minimal political commentary and simple, effective themes (i.e. Captain America being a hero who simply wants to stand up for those who can't defend themselves).

Out of all of the heroes from a lot of the comic film junk I've seen in recent years, he's been the most interesting.
Captain America's character development is definitely what made the film.

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Like I probably said when I saw the first movie, the whole thing about it being a slave to THE AVENGERS is part of what ruined the movie for me.
I agree with this. It felt like a foregone conclusion that Cap would win, and they were just setting him up for the next film.

Makeshift Python wrote:
It's hard to do that in an interquel when you know for sure he'll make it.
I had that problem with the original. The trick in these action/adventure franchises is to make the audience think (even if only fleetingly) that maybe the hero won't make it this time. Even though we all know he will. Cap was kicking the villain's ass at every turn.

Still the best superhero movie of the recent slew of em, though. The few people I've talked to about the film have just turned their noses up and said it was too much like "propaganda." :roll:
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:19 pm

I thought the first one was perhaps the dullest and blandest comicbook movie for some considerable time, not sure what character development was on offer it just seemed one giant montage looking for a real film to fill out....but seems I am in the minority and in any event a sequel was inevitable, I'll catch it on Blu, maybe!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:51 am

Sharky wrote:
Minus the fun. Oh and sex.
For all intents and purposes, Captain America was one of the most fun comic book films of the last decade or so. It was nice and pulpy. Never took itself too seriously.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:58 am

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag/captain-america-and-the-rocketeer/

They get a few things wrong IIRC, e.g. the Howling Commandos were an ethnically diverse group in the comics, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014   Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

Captain America Sequel ::: 4 April 2014
Page 1 of 1